Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Collecting Horror Magazines (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/5289-collecting-horror-magazines.html)

Deanogore666 14th April 2011 11:57 AM

Collecting Horror Magazines

I couldn't see a thread live for this, I collect Horror Magazines myself (as well as comics) as I love having something physical to hold - though the web is obviously the more efficient way of keeping tabs on current affairs.

Anyone else collect Horror Magazines, how do you organise them - would you use a binder / folder for them?

Should also add that I run Shock Horror Magazine here, so there is purpose in my randomness :)

(shockhorrormagazine dot com)

Splatterdragon73 16th April 2011 11:07 AM

I regularly collect enjoyable Euro publication Creepy Images and Is It....Uncut?. However, apart from these two contributions i tend to stick with various random reads.

Where the latter above Midnight Media effort is concerned i managed to buy a binder for the first set of issues but frustratingly missed out on the second variant the company manufactured.

Yours truly also picked up the initial two editions of the recent Scream magazine but i don't think i'm impressed anywhere near enough with this offering to invest in later issues.

I do wish The Dark Side would get itself in gear and make that much-anticipated return to our shelves. Come on, Brycie!:)

necroluciferia 16th April 2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 143464)

I do wish The Dark Side would get itself in gear and make that much-anticipated return to our shelves. Come on, Brycie!:)

Supposed to be hitting the shelves on 21st of this month I believe :woot:
Horror Channel - Sky 319 Virgin 149 Freesat 138

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th April 2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necroluciferia (Post 143472)
Supposed to be hitting the shelves on 21st of this month I believe :woot:

Don't know why the Dark Side is still so highly rated. The first 100 issues were fine if a little repetitive.

However in its last years it became stale, and bogged down in issues of plagiarism to put it mildly.

Its as if people just ignore this and just think of the mid nineties when the mag was at its peak.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th April 2011 05:52 PM

Here is a site that may interest collectors of magazines.

This older gentleman runs this from his house in Wigtown,(Wicker Man territory) and has a PHENOMENAL amout of mags,books comics.

He has two or three outhouses on his land absolutely CRAMMED with goodies-and he preserves them all in those cellophane pockets.

Every year I go on holiday,I pay him a visit.

Last year I picked up;

SAMHAIN JUNE 1990 £5
SAMHAIN OCT 1991 £3.75
SAMHAIN AUG 91 £3.25
SHOCK EXPRESS VOL 2 ISSUE 2 1987 £3.75
SHOCK EXPRESS VOL 3 ISSUE 1 1989 £3.75
SAMHAIN JAN 1992 £3.75

HALLS OF HORROR ISSUE 27 1983???
HALLS OF HORROR ISSUE 26 1983???
HOUSE OF HAMMER ISSUE 14 1977!

The three above were a fiver each I'm sure....and I picked up umpteen SHIVERS I was missing,as well as a couple of EMPIRE specials.

A very helpful and friendly guy(Richard),here's his website.......

At The Sign Of The Dragon

bdc 16th April 2011 06:33 PM

Will certainly be having a look Reaps! :nod:

I used to collect Fangoria but stopped at about #100.
I have every issue before that except #1! :loco:

Nowadays I don't really collect mags but nevertheless buy French mag Mad Movies each month.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th April 2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 143555)
Will certainly be having a look Reaps! :nod:

I used to collect Fangoria but stopped at about #100.
I have every issue before that except #1! :loco:

Nowadays I don't really collect mags but nevertheless buy French mag Mad Movies each month.

Fangoria has become a top magazine again over the last 6 months.

It began when they changed editor.:clap:

bdc 16th April 2011 06:52 PM

That's nice to hear,it used to be a great mag back in the days. :nod:

broonage 16th April 2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 143565)
That's nice to hear,it used to be a great mag back in the days. :nod:

I have almost all of The Darkside mag bar 12 issues! I have all of Is It Uncut? until issue 20 I think (I'm on a mission to get the second binder!).

Hey Bruno, I have issue 1 of Fangoria! :) Not a pristine copy but still a copy!

bdc 16th April 2011 07:08 PM

Nice one A! :thumb: