LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2011, 01:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
Damn flash back time! (Thanks)

There used to be a BBC programme where kids/teens would send in their own short films, and to this day I've never forgotten this one film/image, I think it was about kids getting adducted and there was one shot of two kids next to gravestones with ice lollies. (At the time, kids use to be warned to not get into strangers cars even if they offered you sweets!)
The fact it's stuck with me so long, I hope the kid went on to have a career in TV or Film.
Would that be Screen Test, presented by Michael Rodd?
Old 25th May 2011, 01:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Would that be Screen Test, presented by Michael Rodd?
Yep that's the one, thanks.
Old 25th May 2011, 02:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

What hooked me into scary stuff was being scared s**tless by the seaweed type monsters on Doctor Who. They would take you over and if I remember right you could look into someones mouth and see seaweed in their throats. Hid behind the sofa shaking with fear, brilliant!!! But that was mid/late 60's when I was a nipper and way down the line today reality scares me more than anything. Good scares tho include 'Evil Dead'(I was ahem...Feeling no pain when i first saw it at the cinema) 'the Exorcist' and 'Insidious'. But that feeling that sent shivers down your spine may kinda go with your youth. Also we have no real horror stars today like Cushing, lee and Karloff etc . So raise a glass to times gone past, and put on a good scary disc and turn the lights out... And wait for that strange noise outside, what could it be???
Old 26th May 2011, 06:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

It's a shame there's a real lack of horror series on telly these days. There used to be a load of then in the late 60's / early 70's - most of which no longer exist. This includes 'Late Night Horror' - another one wiped by the BBC. Great title sequence though!

Old 26th May 2011, 06:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Interesting thread this one!

To an extent, it depends on the frame of mind I'm in when I watch the film but a few that have scared me over the years are:

Black Christmas (the first time I watched it)
When a Stranger Calls (original)
Last House on a Dead End Street

The last one is probably the odd one out since it's not, in all honesty, that great a film (whereas, in my opinion, the other 2 are). It just really creeped me out when I watched it and stayed with me afterwards, perhaps due to its griminess and snuff-like quality. I should check it out again really and see if it has the same affect.
Old 26th May 2011, 07:02 PM
Cultist

Most horror films don't really scare me anymore. I mean sure I can find somethings really gory or bloody, but when you think about it, it's not really scary to watch, just icky more or less. I guess with really gory films, or torture based movies, you could find them disturbing rather than scary, for me anyway.

Movies that tend to scare me relate more to psychological horror or themes like that. The first time I watched moives like, The Strangers, Paranormal Activity, The Blair Witch Project, and even the original Halloween and the likes I guess you could say I was kinda' scared, I got some tingles.

I guess I maybe have become a little desensitised to gore, because I can watch anything gory and never turn an eye at it. But in all honesty, I don't actually get too scared.
Old 26th May 2011, 07:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I haven't been scared by any films I don't think, none that come to mind anyway.
But what always gets me is the horror anthology tv stuff. All of them had great opening sequences that were creepy and the stories were creepy too. One that scared me when I watched it was the Thriller episode when the killer whistles green sleeves. Creepy.
When I was a kid, the TV shows like Are You Afraid of the Dark and those types of things scared me, but halloween was my favourite time of the year to watch tv cause every cartoon/show I watched would make a halloween episode and they were always great. The Kenan and Kel film about the headless man used to scare me as a kid too.
Old 26th May 2011, 11:00 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Ju-On/THE GRUDGE (Original) in the right setting is VERY scary!

However the scariest thing I've EVER seen is how a director was ever allowed in a so-called civilized world to unleash this on the public.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th May 2011, 05:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just having a quick browse on ppl coments on films

The chanegling very good and atmospheric film

Blair witch project i went pics to watch this and see what all the fuss was about...totaly bored me to the point i couildnt wait for the film to end..

Tcm wasnt scary but very well made my all. time fav film..

Matrys got a tadge to repetative and drawn out in the 2nd half of the film

The eye is along the lines of sixth sense but i thought the eye was a better film

Mojo i agree tv was full of horrors for kids or adults you dead right they dont make owt like that these days

And yes i remember tv series called archair thriller cant remeber much about tho just a dark black shadow of a armchair ..I think

There was tales of unexpected
Hammer house of horrors just 2 that spring to mind in my head..prob more if i get my brain working overtime

I saw a lot of the nasties well b4 i let school horrors have nvr scared me but some scenes i can find unsettling...But i cant watch a lot of this in front off my wife i feel uneasy even tho she doesnt mind but doesnt like them.. in some cases moans a little and calls me sick lol but she knows it just what i like watching...
Old 27th May 2011, 08:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I saw a lot of the nasties well b4 i let school horrors have nvr scared me but some scenes i can find unsettling...But i cant watch a lot of this in front off my wife i feel uneasy even tho she doesnt mind but doesnt like them.. in some cases moans a little and calls me sick lol but she knows it just what i like watching...
That's exactly the same problem I have. The worse case scenario was whilst watching The Human Centipede, she stormed out of the living room calling me a sick fuk then locked herself in the bedroom. She didn't talk to me for an hour or so.

When I was a kid I used to find some episodes of Eerie Indiana pretty scary. Which reminds me I must revisit them at some point

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!