LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2013, 03:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
As far as I can remember, there's no footage of any of them.
I can't remember there being any footage of them either but, like I said, they are all mentioned in the documentary.
Old 4th May 2013, 04:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Stephen did put up a winking smiley at the end.

None of the actors who play those characters are in the documentary, but the characters are all mentioned if that helps.
I never quite know how to interpret the winking smiley. Sometimes its plain but others as in this case not so much.

A slasher doc without Jason - hmm!

I haven't seen it though so i can't complain or praise or make any judgement until i do.
Old 4th May 2013, 05:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I never quite know how to interpret the winking smiley. Sometimes its plain but others as in this case not so much.

A slasher doc without Jason - hmm!

I haven't seen it though so i can't complain or praise or make any judgement until i do.
How about you engage your brain?

Licensing clips of Jason costs money. Lots of money. You got 20k you want to give us for about 30 seconds of footage?

This was made on no cash. Two people. One camera. You want footage of Jason go and buy the Friday the 13th box set and leave Slice and Dice out of your collection. Easy.
Old 4th May 2013, 05:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
How about you engage your brain?

Licensing clips of Jason costs money. Lots of money. You got 20k you want to give us for about 30 seconds of footage?

This was made on no cash. Two people. One camera. You want footage of Jason go and buy the Friday the 13th box set and leave Slice and Dice out of your collection. Easy.
Nice aggressive response thanks.

I wasn't complaining, i said i hadn't seen it so could make no judgement, i wasn't really expecting that kind of reply.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 4th May 2013, 05:28 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Woah! Let's (try to) keep it friendly shall we, or do we want Stephen to open up a can of whoopass? And you know he can!

With regard to Slice & Dice having no footage from films like Friday the 13th etc, it doesn't need it. There's more than enough in the doc to keep fans happy, and if we remember, we had a whole documentary about the Friday The 13th movies, His Name Was Jason, that had no footage from the films in it. So no-one should feel put off. Slice & Dice is well worth a viewing.
Old 4th May 2013, 05:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Nice aggressive response thanks.

I wasn't complaining, i said i hadn't seen it so could make no judgement, i wasn't really expecting that kind of reply.
No, but you made a notably sarcastic comment which, by simply pausing and reflecting, would answer itself. Naomi and I invested our own buck in doing this doc - and I can rattle off numerous documentaries which don't have footage from key films: His Name Was Jason, oddly enough, being a prime example.

And far from being aggresive I'm advising you to save your coffers and buy something else.
Old 4th May 2013, 06:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

No offence meant.
Old 4th May 2013, 07:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The problem is if they're on the cover I think people will expect to see footage of them in the documentary. That's just to be expected. While I think it's incredible that a documentary has been made like this on next to nothing bringing it out automatically puts it in competition with similar documentaries and the budget shouldn't be considered an excuse in that way. In a similar way if you see a film with a spectacular cover full of action and explosions which are absent from the film you're not just going to say "ah well, it was a small production, they probably didn't have the money but I'm sure they worked hard to get the film made". I don't mean this as a criticism so don't take it as such but I'm just saying as soon as you bring a film it it competes with similar ones and the fact that it has a small/ no budget or is a labour of love doesn't seem to be a fair justification. I hope that makes sense.

And just to be clear, I'm really looking forward to the doc , love all the High Rising extras on the Arrow releases and fully understand the reason for leaving footage from the bigger slasher films out of the doc.
Old 4th May 2013, 08:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Deleted!

Last edited by Calum; 4th May 2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 4th May 2013, 08:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

First of all I wasn't being critical at all, I was merely talking about people's expectations of the documentary based on the cover. Not what I think about it but what people might expect based on the cover and how saying "it was done on a shoestring" won't be a relevant defence as far as they are concerned. I haven't seen the documentary and so can't comment on it in that regard.

Second of all I am VERY aware of the costs of funding media projects like documentaries etc and the incredible hard work that goes into such things. Incidentally I wouldn't expect Angelina Jolie in a low budget horror but is a picture of her was on the cover of Hatchet it wouldn't be unreasonable of me to expect her to pop up at some point.

Third of all I am not going to continue beyond due to the antagonistic and offensive tone of your post ("idiotic comments", "verbal idiocy"). These sorts of comments wouldn't be tolerated by a member who doesn't have connection with the companies promoted by Cult Labs (and this certainly hasn't been the first time you've responded offensively to someone who was saying something other than glowing praise about your work) and I genuinely hope this is addressed by a moderator on this forum as a result.
Slippery Jack and BAKA like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!