Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2012, 03:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Looks low budget but good! The video keeps skipping for me But I'm excited to see it!
Old 9th July 2012, 04:14 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Can it really be better than Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher film?
thats an excellent slasher documentary
hope this new one is just as good or better
Old 10th July 2012, 07:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Final list of interviewees is on imdb. We added three new faces recently to fill in some gaps and to make this just that wee bit better!

Slice and Dice: The Slasher Film Forever (2012) - Full cast and crew

Looking forward to getting it done. We're almost there. This has been a two year labour of love!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th August 2012, 04:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis
Default Slice & Dice Review

I first heard about the project from High Rising Productions after seeing a teaser trailer for this on YouTube several months ago. The teaser contained enough clips from the documentary that it sparked my interest and I was eager to see the finished film. Fortunately, I got to see documentary yesterday at the Glasgow Film Theatre with 15 or so other local critics. The version we saw was not the finished doc as it still has a few tweaks to be done.

Was the film worth the wait? Absolutely, the documentary is obviously a labour of love for all involved. Interviews with the likes of Patrick Lussier, Scott Spielgel, Tobe Hooper, Felissa Rose, Emily Booth, Adam Green and Corey Feldman take us through the genesis of the sub-genre and through the rules of the ‘Slasher’ movie, onto the Final Girl. The animation in the opening credits and throughout the film are beautifully executed and the music by the Acid Fascists fits in perfect with the subject matter.

The documentary covers all the films that defined the ‘Slasher’ genre and what helped it become a household name, along with a number of the lesser known titles, which this reviewer is now going to be seeking out. It has ignited my desire to see more ‘Slashers’ and as discussed in the film the hope for modern horror to return to making original movies rather than retreading old ground with remakes.

Congratulations have to go out to High Rising Productions for their hard work and dedication to the genre and for delivering a documentary that would sit perfectly on my shelf next to my other horror documentaries. Now it's time to finish my slasher screenplay with the hope it makes Slice & Dice 2.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com

Last edited by darthelvis; 27th August 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 29th August 2012, 07:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've just seen Slice and Dice as I was unable to get the screening at the GFT and Calum kindly sent me a screener. I was really impressed by its construction, the quality of the interviews and range of interviewees.

It's certainly something worth your time, money and attention and I wish High Rising Productions the very best when securing distribution.
Rik likes this.
Old 1st September 2012, 04:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I saw this last week in Glasgow and it was very good. It was shot for next to no money but is really well done and has some great talking heads like Tobe Hooper, JS Cardone (The Slayer), Norman Warren, Corey Feldman & more.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 2nd September 2012, 01:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

From HYSTERIA LIVES!

Just watched an advance copy of SLICE AND DICE: THE SLASHER FILM FOREVER. The AMAZING slasher movie documentary from the good folks at High Rising Productions. This really is THE slasher doc to end all slasher docs!

And yes I know Justin Kerswell is a friend - however he never saw a second of it until it was complete and he approached this doc as a stranger.

Want proof?

Another pal of mine also wrote a review for Eye for Film and she never went the full five stars. So I've not pushed anyone into writing anything. Just asked them to write what they think, as any good critic will:

Slice And Dice: The Slasher Film Forever (2012) Movie Review from Eye for Film
Old 2nd September 2012, 02:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Really looking forward to seeing this, from what I've read from the guys on here that have seen it, it seems like you've done a stellar job in creating a really good documentary, definite day one purchase from me.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd September 2012, 03:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

News on our world premiere and another mega-film fest screening soon! Hold tight!!

"Watching this, you wouldn't know it was made as a side project in between making featurettes and writing booklets and articles to pay the bills and with no money..."

Slice and Dice: The Slasher Film Forever Review | Film365
Old 2nd September 2012, 03:45 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
News on our world premiere and another mega-film fest screening soon! Hold tight!!

"Watching this, you wouldn't know it was made as a side project in between making featurettes and writing booklets and articles to pay the bills and with no money..."

Slice and Dice: The Slasher Film Forever Review | Film365
What do you mean "mega-film fest"? Florence?

Like this? Share it using the links below!