Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th July 2011, 11:03 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidbrunette

I recommend reading "From Reel To Deal" by Dov Simens - you don't need a couple mil to make a good movie hehe.

But to answer the question in pure fantasy...I would have to go for someting liiiike....

Mooncamp Massacre

Set in the year 2015 starring the cast of The Legend of the Psychotic Forest Ranger, it's Sleepaway Camp meets Shaun of the Dead...IN SPACE.

The Legend of the Psychotic Forest Ranger Facebook Fan Page (we're giving away posters!)
Old 24th April 2012, 09:12 AM
Cultist

Had a flash of inspiration the other day for a grindhouse style revenge epic...

"Mowhawk On A Motorcycle!"

They took his land now he'll take their scalps!

They've just (motor) crossed the wrong injun!
Old 24th April 2012, 10:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Mine would go like this:
The graves of the recently dead are being defiled and corpses partly cannibalised by unknown assailants.The police are called in to investigate only to find DNA evidence of something 'not quite human' on the mutilated remains. Unbeknown to them a group of flesh-eating ghouls are living in the twisting underground catacombs of the old cemetery where the defilements are taking place.It's not long before a team of investigators find the entrance to the catacombs and then the gory fun really starts!
Old 24th April 2012, 11:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sponsor
A mysterious invitation finds TOWIE and that Chelsea lot arriving to the opening to a new slurry factory, which is strangely familiar to some of them (will use Eton as set), due to lack of brain power they find themselves stranded....and are plunged into a maelstrom of dissection and anal trauma thatll guarantee first film awarded new certificate NSFW(ee ones )

Ahem. It's been a slow day.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th April 2012, 01:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

What horror film would I make? Well I would probably make something like the Legend Of The Psychotic Forest Ranger and I would try hold events and competitions on sites like Cult Labs to promote it. Then of course I'll tell people they'll be getting prizes for their efforts but of course I won't send them out because I'm a greedy bastard. That's how it works, Right paranoidbrunette?
skankenstoned likes this.
Old 11th February 2014, 09:43 PM
Cultist

So, I've decided at last to turn my idea, NASTY, into a book. All going well I've also got a publisher lined up... watch this space...
InDogWeTrust likes this.
Old 12th February 2014, 07:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankenstoned View Post
So, I've decided at last to turn my idea, NASTY, into a book. All going well I've also got a publisher lined up... watch this space...
Just as long as you don't promote it with competitions and promise people prizes but then never send them out and basically steal their artwork they made for your book. *Cough* Legend Of The Psychotic Forest Ranger *Cough*
Old 12th February 2014, 09:24 AM
Cult Addict

I would adapt a Richard Laymon novel. No one's gone there yet and his stuff is perfect brutal gore soaked nastiness.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 12th February 2014, 12:18 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Just as long as you don't promote it with competitions and promise people prizes but then never send them out and basically steal their artwork they made for your book. *Cough* Legend Of The Psychotic Forest Ranger *Cough*
DUDE! Guess you got stung huh? Well hopefully the fact that myself and my publisher are friends first and foremost and neither of us have any desire to look like ***** or mug anyone off (It's bad for business you know) should mean that I'll avoid any such nonsense
Old 12th February 2014, 12:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankenstoned View Post
DUDE! Guess you got stung huh? Well hopefully the fact that myself and my publisher are friends first and foremost and neither of us have any desire to look like ***** or mug anyone off (It's bad for business you know) should mean that I'll avoid any such nonsense
Ugh, That ****head (paranoidbrunette) held a competition through Cult Labs (and from my investigation at the time other places also) for people to design posters and t-shirts for his movie. He promised signed posters, dvd's and t-shirts...Which in the end he never sent anyone!!! From what I have seen though, Our designs were still being used by him. I contacted him various times, through many media's including Facebook and various other networking sites.
This was years ago now but I am still pissed about it!

Congrats on your book deal though Skanken. I wish I had the talent to write a book!
skankenstoned likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!