Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2008, 12:09 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The cat scene was cut (2 mins). It was shown uncut at the Imperial War Museum in London.
Old 20th July 2008, 02:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Cheers Vincenzo. When you think about it, it dosen't make sense that the BBFC should cut something like New York Ripper and then let a film like Men Behind The Sun come out with only two minutes of cuts, I know that MBTS isn't exactly a film your average person's gonna come across in HMV or Zavvi or anything but I was surprised by that. I'm surprised that scenes such as the autopsy on the child and the decompression chamber one were passed, they're some pretty gruelling scenes to sit through.

I've also got one of the other films in the series, Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre. Thats also pretty horrific.
Old 20th July 2008, 03:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Because Men Behind the Sun wasn't classified for wider distribution it's difficult to say for sure what the BBFC's decision would have been so it's entirely possible that the BBFC would have cut the scenes you mentioned if it had. But then again if their view was that it was a serious, responsibly made film which at the end of the day was simply showing things as they were, then cuts would have been unlikely. For the BBFC to cut a scene simply because they found it gruelling or shocking would have been wrong, though admittedly they did at times do this at that time. As far as today is concerned it's very unlikely the BBFC would make additional cuts even for a wider distribution. Cuts are based on BBFC guidelines and UK law. There is clearly nothing unlawful about the films content (cat scene apart). New York Ripper was cut because the scene was in serious breach of BBFC guidelines. I seriously doubt the cut will be waived. There's a similar even more serious scene like this at end of House on the Edge of the Park, which has no chance of ever passing.
Old 20th July 2008, 03:22 PM
Cultist

Hmmmmmmmmm, well, Faces of Death is nothing compared to another shockumentary I've seen, "Traces of Death." The footage in it, is all completely real and very graphic. Talking about shockumentaries, "Terrorists, Killers And Middle East Wackos," is extreme.

Do not watch those if you thought Faces of Death was bad. lol.
Old 21st July 2008, 10:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoXX0rz View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm, well, Faces of Death is nothing compared to another shockumentary I've seen, "Traces of Death." The footage in it, is all completely real and very graphic. Talking about shockumentaries, "Terrorists, Killers And Middle East Wackos," is extreme.

Yes TKAMEW is very unpleasant adding inappropriate music to some sequences making it more tasteless.It also includes footage of the terrible Bradford City football ground fire which i can remember seeing live on TV as it happened.
Old 21st July 2008, 10:30 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Faces of Death is nothing compared to another shockumentary I've seen, "Traces of Death." The footage in it, is all completely real and very graphic.
The BBFC rejected Traces Of Death in 2005.
Old 21st July 2008, 03:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:

FACES OF GORE is another tasteless little number .
DEATH FACES is also quite unpleasant .

I really dont see who this stuff is aimed at.

Personaly, I wouldn't have any of it in my collection.

Angel, forgive me for asking, but why the facination with censorship .?
I only know you as 'ANGEL' so forgive me if your well known and its your job or something like that.
It IS a facinating subject, one which i've read many books and articles on.

Last edited by vipco; 21st July 2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 21st July 2008, 03:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think there's a huge difference between Cannibal Holocaust and a "film" called 'Terrorists, Executions and MiddleEast Wackjobs' Lol.

And to think those asshole's are probably making money off it... truly sickening.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 21st July 2008, 03:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sorry, I deleted the post as the film was already mentioned plus i'd got part of the name wrong, it was Killers and not Exections as I thought.

To be honest the few clips of footage I saw extremly tasteless and sickening , especially the executional burning , I never paid much attention to the full name.

I agree, the film makers are Ass Holes. From paying homeless people to fight to this sick crap.

Unfortunately they probably will make alot of money. God knows what their next project will be.

I refused a fee copy as I dont agree with this style of film. I've watched enough of them to know they're not for me.
I wouldn't have any Death Film crap near my collection .

Last edited by vipco; 21st July 2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 21st July 2008, 04:16 PM
Cultist

Yep, Terrorists, Killers and Middle East Wackos includes that fire scene. Both of those DVD's (traces and terrorists) were rejected by the BBFC, it's not too hard to see why when you watch them, either. They aren't 'real' documentaries as such, they don't provide any information about what's happening onscreen. The music in Traces of Death is kinda' spooky, all the other series' had death metal.

Like this? Share it using the links below!