Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Sickest horror movies ever made (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/592-sickest-horror-movies-ever-made.html)

vipco 21st July 2008 04:28 PM

Its similar in ' Faces of Gore ' plus you get the OTT comentary, in one scene theres a motorbike accident ( Japan I think ) and we're told even though the biker wore a helmet it wasn't much use to him.
I sortta figured this out for myself as his body was on the ground and his helmet and head were a few feet away in a fence.

Angel 21st July 2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 10432)
Angel, forgive me for asking, but why the facination with censorship .?
I only know you as 'ANGEL' so forgive me if your well known and its your job or something like that.
It IS a facinating subject, one which i've read many books and articles on.

Like you said it's a fascinating subject that has always interested me, even going back to the days when I was a young girl. I used to listen to all these censorship debates on the radio whenever somebody from the BBFC was being interviewed. Back in the 70's they were very cagey about themselves and why they made the decisions they did. Believe it or not I used to hate the BBFC and it's only in recent years that I have completely changed my views about them. It's a shame there are not more books available on the subject.

Angel 21st July 2008 05:15 PM

By the way, talking about sick films - anyone seen Eric Stanze's I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave? (2001) Is it really as disturbing as the title makes it sound?

Same guy who directed SCRAPBOOK.

Philleh 21st July 2008 05:25 PM

I've seen that one! Urgh...

The stick up the man's backside was a little too explicit for my liking. But coming from Eric Stanze, it should have been expected.

Censored by Tom Dewe Mathews is a good read, if you haven't checked it already :)

vincenzo 21st July 2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 10456)
Censored by Tom Dewe Mathews is a good read, if you haven't checked it already :)

It's not a bad book at all. There are shedloads of mistakes, especially relating to more modern films, but as censorship books go it's definitely an essential.

John Trevelyan's What The Censor Saw is also an enjoyable read.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st July 2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 10452)
By the way, talking about sick films - anyone seen Eric Stanze's I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave? (2001) Is it really as disturbing as the title makes it sound?

Same guy who directed SCRAPBOOK.

Shit,sold this without watching it :o
Sickest shit I've seen recently was HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL on ice..... :rofl:

zanner 22nd July 2008 07:50 AM

Apart from the obvious, Holocaust and Ferox. I'd like to mention Oxen split torturing, Ebola syndrome and Bunman, all sick in their own way.

Angel 22nd July 2008 08:02 AM

Here's a film that deserves to be on this list - GUTTERBALLS Directed by Ryan Nicholson.

For those interested in such matters this film is going to be cut by the BBFC if it is ever submitted. NO question.

Numerous cuts will be made to the 10 minute rape sequence to remove "eroticising" detail. This scene was like a mix between Death Wish 2 & I Spit on Your Grave ie just when you think it's coming to an end...it continues. I thought it was a reprehensible film for instance after the woman's ordeal she turns up the very next day at the bowling alley (where she was raped) like nothing ever happened. She would have needed medical treatment for her injuries considering the brutality that was directed at her. A "tasty" rock music soundtrack is played over the rape just making things more tasteless. Yes lot of this is going to have to be cut here. The film also includes scenes of very strong violence during the revenge scenes, some if it is sexualised. These scenes shouldn't have any problems with the BBFC but they are extremely grotesque. There's even one hardcore sex scene followed by murder. I get the impression this scene was meant to be funny. The BBFC are unlikely to be amused. Certainly the MPAA weren't amused cutting 15 minutes for the R. I don't think the BBFC will be quite as strict as that though as there is mainly one sequence (possibly 2) that will require cuts. The killer's mask though does make the whole film look ridiculous (see Nailgun Massacre). It also must hold the record for verbal obscenites ie the f-word is used in very line and the c-word is used dozens of times. There's also a great deal of homophobic language. I can't see it being rejected but it will certainly be cut.

Angel 22nd July 2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zanner (Post 10511)
Apart from the obvious, Holocaust and Ferox. I'd like to mention Oxen split torturing, Ebola syndrome and Bunman, all sick in their own way.

Yes BUNMAN included some very strong scenes of violence, most notably the child murder scene but it was only the infamous rape scene the BBFC had problems with. I thought it was quite a good film myself but have only seen the cut version.

What about some of these Cat 3 films like Red to Kill, Naked Killer 2, they're supposed to be quite sick in places.

zanner 22nd July 2008 12:25 PM

Well , Ebola & Bunman are catIII AND oXEN split torturing should be, even tho it was made back in 1969.