Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2008, 11:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

'General Massacre' has a few nasty scenes involving animal cruelty. I haven't seen it for a while but I seem to remember a scene where a cow gets kicked in the face then shot in the head and one of geese being mowed down with a machine gun.

Also worth a mention is a ''film'' I saw a few years ago called 'Worlds Bloodiest Death Matches' on a bootleg vhs. It was kind of like Faces of Death meets Pro Wrestling, not sure if it's ever had a legit release anywhere. I'm not into wrestling in the slightest but I was intrigued to see this, it featured some pretty hardcore stuff.

The scenes I remember most were one from Japan where a guy got most of the skin from one side of his body burned off after being thrown onto explosive devices outside the ring, a three way match from Texas featuring staple guns, barbed wire, trays of broken glass and LOTS of blood, the other involved a garden strimmer and exposed tendons WWE this is not! (That's much more disturbing)
Old 8th August 2008, 10:46 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
The scenes I remember most were one from Japan where a guy got most of the skin from one side of his body burned off after being thrown onto explosive devices outside the ring, a three way match from Texas featuring staple guns, barbed wire, trays of broken glass and LOTS of blood, the other involved a garden strimmer and exposed tendons WWE this is not! (That's much more disturbing)
Deathmatch and extreme hardcore wrestling is massive in Japan! I have a soft spot for professional wrestling for some unknown reason - whilst the fights are scripted and the wrestlers are basically stuntmen, in these sort of hardcore bouts the blood and barbed wire are real - so the pain is too!!

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 9th August 2008, 04:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Talking about sick films - anyone here seen Bumfights a Cause for Concern?

It was banned by the BBFC several years ago.
Old 9th August 2008, 06:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Not seen it Angel,but I imported it for my nephew,so I could get a hold of it....but do I really want to? Is it worth the once over?
Old 10th August 2008, 06:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Haven't seen it myself, Reaps. Let us know what you're views are after you have seen it?

The film has always been controversial even in the States. I think it is incredible that somebody actually submitted it to the BBFC believing it had a chance of getting through. The fights were often staged for the camera and are often extremely vicious. People (very vulnerable people) were also paid to fight one another.

Also banned in NZ.
Old 10th August 2008, 10:57 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Talking about sick films - anyone here seen Bumfights a Cause for Concern?

It was banned by the BBFC several years ago.
I downloaded this one a few years ago; there's not much in the way of fighting, it's more about videos of the homeless crapping onto sheets of cardboard and pulling their own teeth out with pliers for money.

The BBFC banning it isn't a great loss.
Old 10th August 2008, 06:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NossB View Post
and pulling their own teeth out with pliers for money.
That sounds even sicker
Old 10th August 2008, 07:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

One dude eats glass for a few bucks as well.
Its clear some of the homeless are slightly retarded or addicts, but as Noss says the fighting is minimal.
All events are encourged by the film crew with the offer of money.

The film crew went on to make ' Middle East Wackjobs, discussed earlier.

Dougal, I collect Wrestling 'Death Match' dvd's and there's some really violent barbed wire, no ropes, matchs between Terry Funk and Catus Jack ( Mick Foley ) in Japan.
CZW still have Deathmatch's in the States .
In 1 dvd I have , 2 guy's have large chunks of glass glued to their taped fists and punch ???? out of each other. Both end up bleeding really badly and got 300 dollars each for the fight.
One of the guys had to retire after his next fight due to serious injury after being set on fire.
A favourite chant by the crowd at these matchs is " We want Blood "
All this type of Wrestling is 100% real.
The DVD's are BBFC 18 cert.
Old 10th August 2008, 07:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Did the BBFC pass them uncut, Vips?
Old 10th August 2008, 08:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I've seen some CZW stuff, I believe the aforementioned garden strimmer/ bloody tendons incident was from that. Never followed wrestling myself but my brothers really into that hardcore stuff and I''ve watched a bit of it, quite like what I saw, very brutal indeed. Do you like XPW Vipco? My bro lent me a video he has of that which featured a match where the two guys climb up some ridiculously high scaffolding and one of them staples the other in the face then throws him off, absolutley mental!

Like this? Share it using the links below!