All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2008, 09:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A lot shorter than the original mate,which makes it seem VERY amateurish....
Old 9th September 2008, 09:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Spot on, that and the totally useless editing techniques he was attempting, urgh. The original is just so grim, the DC ****s it up completely.
Old 9th September 2008, 10:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Gutterballs is showing at the gorezone weekend of horror in london in October,the prints dont have to be BBFC rated for a film festival.
Old 10th September 2008, 02:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
"Fatal Frames" anyone?

Possibly the worst giallo I ever had the misfortune to sit through...I should really revisit it...in my next life....

This has been sitting in my to watch pile for ages.
Cloud has been badgering me to get it watched,but i still cant bring myself to put the damn disc in the player,always end up with summat else instead.

Oh,the horror...
Old 12th September 2008, 06:10 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Here's a good way to check out whether the upcoming UK DVD of "Dard Divorce" will be uncut or not, a list of cuts (with pics) made to the German rental version (5 mins approx).

I'd say IF "Dard Divorce" passed in its uncut form in the UK, the days of Ferman and the like should really start to feel like long passed chapter in history....But see for yourself:
(Texts in German only though):

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schni...php?ID=4285154
Old 15th September 2008, 04:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Is Uwe Boll's controversial "Seed" getting a UK release and if so, in what shape? I'm asking this not so much in connection with the 7 mins of cuts to violence, which had to be made to the German release, but considering the footage of live animal cruelty supplied to Boll by PETA. Those scenes survived the German censors, but I have no clue how the BBFC would respond to such material getting integrated into a horror movie.

Anyway, here's a link to the list of cuts made to the German release with pictures. Texts as usual in German only.
BTW, the splatter effects were created by none other than Olaf Ittenbach, who already handled the effects for "Bloodrayne".

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schni...php?ID=3240796
Old 16th September 2008, 10:10 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Isn't Uwe Boll notoriously crap at directing?

Where is he? I don't want my head kicked in!!!
Old 17th September 2008, 05:09 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

I heard all his films were the worst ever, so I watched a few of them

Blackwoods - Interesting has a few ideas that don't work but otherwise it's alright.
House of the Dead - slightly less than mediocre effort but not without enjoyment.
Alone in the Dark - Probably nothing like the game but not worse than most of Nu Image's 90s output, but still mediocre.

So he's more a mediocre director, but many who say his films are the worst ever only see about 5 films a year and/or love the games.
Old 17th September 2008, 08:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well, the video game community obviously hates him with a passion for his movie adaptions, but apart from that I find the man and his movies usually quite entertaining. Boll certainly doesn't take himself too seriously either, which is always a good thing in my book.
Old 17th September 2008, 11:39 AM
Cultist in Training

I watched Nekromantik 1 and 2 on video many years ago and whilst distasteful didn't find them that horrific. Although obviously we're all different and one man's meat is another man's poison (metaphorically speaking).
Likewise the scenes of animal cruelty mostly found in cannibal films are an uncomfortable watch but I can sit through them without having nightmares.

I did used to have an uncut tape of Men behind the sun though and found that horrific in the extreme, partucularly the real childs autopsy. It was one of those tapes I bought because of its challenging reputation and once I'd watched it couldn't wait to get rid of it.

I suppose one of the most challenging films in my collection these days is Irreversible. I think everyone who has been round to my gaff to watch it has been left in a state of 'shell shock'. Some people have even asked me to switch it off!

Like this? Share it using the links below!