Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2012, 08:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

strange the reviews snowtown gettiing and i personaly didnt rate the film didnt think it was was that grim either. TBH i think what my problem was because it the only film based so far based on Australias most notorious killer i think it could have been told different and better. THere was basicaly no background story of how and why he become like he was could of had more in depth about him killing and disposing of people and how he was caught etc etc etc .As a stand alone film it was ok
Old 6th June 2012, 10:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Snowtown. sometimes something comes along to surprise you, this is that film, cant agree that is wasn't grim enough. I recommend Murder Set Pieces then, as that is graphic as hell imo.
dis likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th June 2012, 04:05 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Snowtown. sometimes something comes along to surprise you, this is that film, cant agree that is wasn't grim enough. I recommend Murder Set Pieces then, as that is graphic as hell imo.
any of the August Undrground Trilogy or The Gateway Meat are far worse than MSP but its down to individual choice and opinion
dis and wonderlust like this.
Old 6th June 2012, 04:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

a/underground are brutal,but not much of a story,but m.s.p,i think was great.
plenty of action,killings and gore.
Old 6th June 2012, 05:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis View Post
a/underground are brutal,but not much of a story,but m.s.p,i think was great.
plenty of action,killings and gore.
Saw msp once felt like it was a bit jumbled up quickly skipping from one scene to next like someone had cut the film then they tried to reput it back together and there was bits missing or badly put edited..
Old 7th June 2012, 09:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Saw msp once felt like it was a bit jumbled up quickly skipping from one scene to next like someone had cut the film then they tried to reput it back together and there was bits missing or badly put edited..
Lionsgate issued a very hacked print (22 minutes!!!), is this the one youve seen?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th June 2012, 04:12 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis View Post
a/underground are brutal,but not much of a story
Thats the whole point of AU it's supposed to be their version of a "SNUFF" video/serial killer tape found in a trash bin. if you were going round taping the murders you were committing then thats all you would film. so there would be no character development.

i doubt very much Ng and Lake videoed any information about their victims

Lake Ng Murders | Ng Murder Trial Opens With Chilling Videos - Los Angeles Times
Old 7th June 2012, 07:50 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
Thats the whole point of AU it's supposed to be their version of a "SNUFF" video/serial killer tape found in a trash bin
Legend has it that the makers of the 'August Underground' trilogy were hoping that someone would leave a copy of one of their films on a bus or train, in the hope that someone would find it, and be convinced that they had found a true snuff

Just think of the media coverage this would cause!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th June 2012, 08:24 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Legend has it that the makers of the 'August Underground' trilogy were hoping that someone would leave a copy of one of their films on a bus or train, in the hope that someone would find it, and be convinced that they had found a true snuff

I seem to recall this being said somewhere in an interview with Fred Vogel (could have been one of the special features on the AU release).
If I remember correctly, back in 2001, years before the film was released on dvd, there were only limited copies available on VHS and I think Fred said his plan was to leave unmarked copies of these at various locations for people to stumble across etc.
Apparently, 9/11 then hit and with all that went on, Fred scrapped these plans as he feared that he would be arrested & jailed!
Old 8th June 2012, 02:38 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post

Urgh, all I can think of is that a colossal waste of police time that would be, all for the purpose of promoting a film that has absolutely zero worth whatsoever.
stefanmetal likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!