Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Sickest horror movies ever made (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/592-sickest-horror-movies-ever-made.html)

horrorman 19th July 2008 05:45 PM

Sickest horror movies ever made

I have seen many sick horror movies and I have to say that faves of death and cannibal holocaust are the sickest alot of animal cruelty and shocking stuff In those films both must be seen fully uncut then you will see why I think they are the sickest.

what do you think Is the sickest movies ever made?

Angel 19th July 2008 07:07 PM

Haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust but have seen Cannibal Ferox and would put it some where at the top. These type of films I force myself to watch. Murder Set Pieces & August Underground weren't exactly pleasant experiences either.

By the way I have Cannibal Holocaust to watch later next week. It's going to be murder watching it for me, I've put off watching it for years because I know I'm not going to like it.

Philleh 19th July 2008 07:22 PM

Stuff like Water Power, Femmes de Sade, Sex Wish, Hot Summer in the City and Forced Entry are vile pieces of work.

Then you have stuff like Slaughtered Vomit Dolls and ReGOREgitated Sacrifice - hideous stuff.

horrorman 19th July 2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 10305)
Haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust but have seen Cannibal Ferox and would put it some where at the top. These type of films I force myself to watch. Murder Set Pieces & August Underground weren't exactly pleasant experiences either.

By the way I have Cannibal Holocaust to watch later next week. It's going to be murder watching it for me, I've put off watching it for years because I know I'm not going to like it.

You must see Cannibal holocaust I think you will enjoy It I would recommend If you dont have a strong stomach watch the uk cut version.

Angel 19th July 2008 07:32 PM

Sorry, Horrorman, but there's no chance whatsoever of me enjoying it. I watch these films for censorship reasons nothing more. I don't have a strong stomach by the way and would definitely describe myself as being quite squeamish especially in regards to animal cruelty and sexual violence.

Anyway will post my comments on the film next week. Apologies but they are likely to be quite scathing.

Sarah@Cult Labs 19th July 2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 10314)
Sorry, Horrorman, but there's no chance whatsoever of me enjoying it. I watch these films for censorship reasons nothing more. I don't have a strong stomach by the way and would definitely describe myself as being quite squeamish especially in regards to animal cruelty and sexual violence.

Anyway will post my comments on the film next week. Apologies but they are likely to be quite scathing.

I thought I'd enjoy Cannibal Holocaust. I picked up an uncut copy in the Virgin Megastore on the Champs-Elysees when I was on holiday in Paris (part of the reason for going was so the other half could get an uncut version of Commando!) and partly wished I hadn't bothered when I got it home. Although I liked the film-within-a-film structure I didn't care for watching any of the animal cruelty. And, despite me being somewhat desensitised, I found some of the scenes of sexual violence a bit too hard to handle.

The only reason I hang on to it is it's a holiday souvenir!

vincenzo 19th July 2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 10305)
By the way I have Cannibal Holocaust to watch later next week.

You have my sympathies Angel. Just don't eat while you're watching it. http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...ilies/ack2.gif

I watched Salon Kitty last night and I'm still trying to work out the point of the genuine slaughterhouse sequence. It did nothing for the movie whatsoever.

Halloween_22 20th July 2008 12:35 AM

Men Behind the Sun has gotta be up there, that is one sick film. I've seen AU and MSP and the like but they're nothing compared to that. Got it fully uncut and some of the scenes are seriously horrific :ack:

Angel 20th July 2008 09:47 AM

Haven't seen Men Behind the Sun but the BBFC only cut one scene. Perhaps it was a shocking but non exploitative film. The video was only to be sold in London's Chinatown anyway so this may also have played a part in their "leniency". It would be interesting to see what they make of it today though as some people say the scene with the cat was faked.

I've seen Sex Wish by the way. This film has less chance of passing than MSP.

Halloween_22 20th July 2008 10:53 AM

Yeah, It's not a particularly exploitative film considering how truly sickening some of the scenes are, I guess maybe the reason they were more leniant with it might have something to do with the fact it's based on real events that happened in Japan in WWII. The fact that it's presented as a portrayal of real events rather than as an all out exploitation film might make them view it in a different light.
Do you know which scene was cut Angel? Was it the cat scene or the decompression chamber scene?

vincenzo 20th July 2008 12:09 PM

The cat scene was cut (2 mins). It was shown uncut at the Imperial War Museum in London.

Halloween_22 20th July 2008 02:36 PM

Cheers Vincenzo. When you think about it, it dosen't make sense that the BBFC should cut something like New York Ripper and then let a film like Men Behind The Sun come out with only two minutes of cuts, I know that MBTS isn't exactly a film your average person's gonna come across in HMV or Zavvi or anything but I was surprised by that. I'm surprised that scenes such as the autopsy on the child and the decompression chamber one were passed, they're some pretty gruelling scenes to sit through.

I've also got one of the other films in the series, Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre. Thats also pretty horrific.

Angel 20th July 2008 03:08 PM

Because Men Behind the Sun wasn't classified for wider distribution it's difficult to say for sure what the BBFC's decision would have been so it's entirely possible that the BBFC would have cut the scenes you mentioned if it had. But then again if their view was that it was a serious, responsibly made film which at the end of the day was simply showing things as they were, then cuts would have been unlikely. For the BBFC to cut a scene simply because they found it gruelling or shocking would have been wrong, though admittedly they did at times do this at that time. As far as today is concerned it's very unlikely the BBFC would make additional cuts even for a wider distribution. Cuts are based on BBFC guidelines and UK law. There is clearly nothing unlawful about the films content (cat scene apart). New York Ripper was cut because the scene was in serious breach of BBFC guidelines. I seriously doubt the cut will be waived. There's a similar even more serious scene like this at end of House on the Edge of the Park, which has no chance of ever passing.

RoXX0rz 20th July 2008 03:22 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm, well, Faces of Death is nothing compared to another shockumentary I've seen, "Traces of Death." The footage in it, is all completely real and very graphic. Talking about shockumentaries, "Terrorists, Killers And Middle East Wackos," is extreme.

Do not watch those if you thought Faces of Death was bad. lol.

mark meakin 21st July 2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoXX0rz (Post 10363)
Hmmmmmmmmm, well, Faces of Death is nothing compared to another shockumentary I've seen, "Traces of Death." The footage in it, is all completely real and very graphic. Talking about shockumentaries, "Terrorists, Killers And Middle East Wackos," is extreme.

Yes TKAMEW is very unpleasant adding inappropriate music to some sequences making it more tasteless.It also includes footage of the terrible Bradford City football ground fire which i can remember seeing live on TV as it happened.

vincenzo 21st July 2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Faces of Death is nothing compared to another shockumentary I've seen, "Traces of Death." The footage in it, is all completely real and very graphic.

The BBFC rejected Traces Of Death in 2005.

vipco 21st July 2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

FACES OF GORE is another tasteless little number .
DEATH FACES is also quite unpleasant .

I really dont see who this stuff is aimed at.

Personaly, I wouldn't have any of it in my collection.

Angel, forgive me for asking, but why the facination with censorship .?
I only know you as 'ANGEL' so forgive me if your well known and its your job or something like that.
It IS a facinating subject, one which i've read many books and articles on.

Philleh 21st July 2008 03:21 PM

I think there's a huge difference between Cannibal Holocaust and a "film" called 'Terrorists, Executions and MiddleEast Wackjobs' Lol.

And to think those asshole's are probably making money off it... truly sickening.

vipco 21st July 2008 03:40 PM

Sorry, I deleted the post as the film was already mentioned plus i'd got part of the name wrong, it was Killers and not Exections as I thought.

To be honest the few clips of footage I saw extremly tasteless and sickening , especially the executional burning , I never paid much attention to the full name.

I agree, the film makers are Ass Holes. From paying homeless people to fight to this sick crap.

Unfortunately they probably will make alot of money. God knows what their next project will be.

I refused a fee copy as I dont agree with this style of film. I've watched enough of them to know they're not for me.
I wouldn't have any Death Film crap near my collection .

RoXX0rz 21st July 2008 04:16 PM

Yep, Terrorists, Killers and Middle East Wackos includes that fire scene. Both of those DVD's (traces and terrorists) were rejected by the BBFC, it's not too hard to see why when you watch them, either. They aren't 'real' documentaries as such, they don't provide any information about what's happening onscreen. The music in Traces of Death is kinda' spooky, all the other series' had death metal.

vipco 21st July 2008 04:28 PM

Its similar in ' Faces of Gore ' plus you get the OTT comentary, in one scene theres a motorbike accident ( Japan I think ) and we're told even though the biker wore a helmet it wasn't much use to him.
I sortta figured this out for myself as his body was on the ground and his helmet and head were a few feet away in a fence.

Angel 21st July 2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 10432)
Angel, forgive me for asking, but why the facination with censorship .?
I only know you as 'ANGEL' so forgive me if your well known and its your job or something like that.
It IS a facinating subject, one which i've read many books and articles on.

Like you said it's a fascinating subject that has always interested me, even going back to the days when I was a young girl. I used to listen to all these censorship debates on the radio whenever somebody from the BBFC was being interviewed. Back in the 70's they were very cagey about themselves and why they made the decisions they did. Believe it or not I used to hate the BBFC and it's only in recent years that I have completely changed my views about them. It's a shame there are not more books available on the subject.

Angel 21st July 2008 05:15 PM

By the way, talking about sick films - anyone seen Eric Stanze's I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave? (2001) Is it really as disturbing as the title makes it sound?

Same guy who directed SCRAPBOOK.

Philleh 21st July 2008 05:25 PM

I've seen that one! Urgh...

The stick up the man's backside was a little too explicit for my liking. But coming from Eric Stanze, it should have been expected.

Censored by Tom Dewe Mathews is a good read, if you haven't checked it already :)

vincenzo 21st July 2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 10456)
Censored by Tom Dewe Mathews is a good read, if you haven't checked it already :)

It's not a bad book at all. There are shedloads of mistakes, especially relating to more modern films, but as censorship books go it's definitely an essential.

John Trevelyan's What The Censor Saw is also an enjoyable read.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st July 2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 10452)
By the way, talking about sick films - anyone seen Eric Stanze's I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave? (2001) Is it really as disturbing as the title makes it sound?

Same guy who directed SCRAPBOOK.

Shit,sold this without watching it :o
Sickest shit I've seen recently was HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL on ice..... :rofl:

zanner 22nd July 2008 07:50 AM

Apart from the obvious, Holocaust and Ferox. I'd like to mention Oxen split torturing, Ebola syndrome and Bunman, all sick in their own way.

Angel 22nd July 2008 08:02 AM

Here's a film that deserves to be on this list - GUTTERBALLS Directed by Ryan Nicholson.

For those interested in such matters this film is going to be cut by the BBFC if it is ever submitted. NO question.

Numerous cuts will be made to the 10 minute rape sequence to remove "eroticising" detail. This scene was like a mix between Death Wish 2 & I Spit on Your Grave ie just when you think it's coming to an end...it continues. I thought it was a reprehensible film for instance after the woman's ordeal she turns up the very next day at the bowling alley (where she was raped) like nothing ever happened. She would have needed medical treatment for her injuries considering the brutality that was directed at her. A "tasty" rock music soundtrack is played over the rape just making things more tasteless. Yes lot of this is going to have to be cut here. The film also includes scenes of very strong violence during the revenge scenes, some if it is sexualised. These scenes shouldn't have any problems with the BBFC but they are extremely grotesque. There's even one hardcore sex scene followed by murder. I get the impression this scene was meant to be funny. The BBFC are unlikely to be amused. Certainly the MPAA weren't amused cutting 15 minutes for the R. I don't think the BBFC will be quite as strict as that though as there is mainly one sequence (possibly 2) that will require cuts. The killer's mask though does make the whole film look ridiculous (see Nailgun Massacre). It also must hold the record for verbal obscenites ie the f-word is used in very line and the c-word is used dozens of times. There's also a great deal of homophobic language. I can't see it being rejected but it will certainly be cut.

Angel 22nd July 2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zanner (Post 10511)
Apart from the obvious, Holocaust and Ferox. I'd like to mention Oxen split torturing, Ebola syndrome and Bunman, all sick in their own way.

Yes BUNMAN included some very strong scenes of violence, most notably the child murder scene but it was only the infamous rape scene the BBFC had problems with. I thought it was quite a good film myself but have only seen the cut version.

What about some of these Cat 3 films like Red to Kill, Naked Killer 2, they're supposed to be quite sick in places.

zanner 22nd July 2008 12:25 PM

Well , Ebola & Bunman are catIII AND oXEN split torturing should be, even tho it was made back in 1969.

horrorman 22nd July 2008 07:10 PM

The main reason why Faces of Death Is one of the sickest movies have ever seen Is becuase I saw It at a young age fully uncut these days only some part of the film Is sick to me.

steve 22nd July 2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 10481)
It's not a bad book at all. There are shedloads of mistakes, especially relating to more modern films, but as censorship books go it's definitely an essential.

John Trevelyan's What The Censor Saw is also an enjoyable read.

The Trevelyan book is very enjoyable and well worth reading.

I've always been fascinated by what the reasons behind censorship were so any insight has always been welcomed.

Dewe Matthews book is also very enjoyable but needs an update.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd July 2008 07:18 PM

What about 'Irreversible' - that was pretty disturbing - the rape went on forever. Very powerful film!

Angel 25th July 2008 08:46 PM

Scrapbook deserves a mention. It also holds the record for the heaviest cuts in recent years.

Angel 26th July 2008 06:08 PM

Here's my comments on Cannibal Holocaust based on the cuts made by the BBFC in 2001.

Cannibal Holocaust was classified '18' for video release in 2001 with the following cuts:-

At 17 mins: Remove all sight of muskrat being killed.

Short scene but very cruel. The BBFC won't be waiving this cut.

At 19 mins: Following LS sight of man holding naked woman's head as she lies on the ground, remove sight of woman dragged through the mud and having her legs forced apart.
At 20 mins: In same sequence, and following LS sight of man preparing to attack naked woman lying on the ground, remove all subsequent sight of woman struggling and being raped with wooden dildo.
At 20 mins: In same sequence, and following sight of man raising nail-studded mud ball, remove all subsequent sight of naked woman being genitally mutilated.

In this scene the woman is psysically restrained by ropes. The BBFC will always come down harder on scenes like this. She's also completely naked as well which only makes matters worse. However she is completely covered in mud from head to toe making the scene look more grotesque and less of a sexual turn on than it otherwise may have been. Somehow I can see some of the cuts here being waived now. It was previously cut under 2001 guidelines (see also House on the Edge of the Park). The genital mutilation and part of the rape will still be cut but some of the cuts could be restored now. The scene doesn't really focus/dwell on the woman's nudity - the main reason the BBFC would cut such a scene today.

At 31 mins: Following LS of tribesmen on riverbank, remove all sight of woman being raped. Resume on MS sight of men slicing corpse.

I really can't see the BBFC cutting this scene today. It last's barely 10 seconds.

At 51 mins: Following sight of giant turtle dragged from river, remove all sight of turtle being dismembered alive and disembowelled. Resume on MS sight of man filming. Reaction shots in which turtle or parts of turtle are not visible may remain.

No chance of the cuts ever being waived. This scene goes on forever with numerous and totally unnecessary lingering close ups as the turtle is literally pulled apart.

At 60 mins: Following CU sight of blonde man's face, remove entire sequence where top of monkey's head is sliced off and blood is drained into a bowl.

Cruel. It's not going to get passed the BBFC. Again shot in extreme close ups.

At 63 mins: Following LS sight of man approaching tethered pig, remove subsequent sequence showing tethered pig being kicked and shot.

Strangely I found this to be the worst cruelty in the film. The BBFC will pass this scene on the same day they pass the uncut Death Wish 2 with a 15 rating.

At 76 mins: Significantly reduce rape sequence.

This scene was cut by 30 seconds. Again it's a complete mess with the actors rolling about in mud and the camera not focussing properly. I'd be surprised if the BBFC were to cut this scene today.

At 82 mins: Remove MS sight of woman's genitals before she is dragged away by cannibals.
At 86 mins: After woman is partially stripped, remove all sight of her underwear being removed and her subsequent rape.

I think most of this scene could pass now. During the rape, the camera keeps its distance. There are no lingering close ups or focus on nudity. As brutal as the rape may be that in it self should not be a reason for cuts.

Overall I think the sexual violence cuts could be reduced. The animal cruelty cuts will remain the same.

vipco 26th July 2008 06:21 PM

Whats oXEN about.?

vincenzo 26th July 2008 06:55 PM

Yes I fully agree, Angel. If they'd submitted the uncut print this time then I'm sure much of the sexual footage would pass now. The mudball scene would be the most problematic, though even this could possibly get away with far less cuts than before.

The animal cruelty would remain cut and rightly so.

horrorman 26th July 2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 10982)

The animal cruelty would remain cut and rightly so.

Zann wont agree with you there lol

vincenzo 26th July 2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horrorman (Post 11014)
Zann wont agree with you there lol

Just as I don't agree with him.

If people want to see such footage then the uncut version is easily obtainable from overseas. Problem solved.

zanner 27th July 2008 05:19 AM

Each to their own!! I have the Grindhouse DVD with choice of uncut or animal cruelty free versions. It's the uncut version every time for me.