All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2011, 05:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's a great selection of signed things you have there, Paul. It must have been great to meet some of those cinematic legends and, with their autographs, you'll always have proof and something to remind you of the day.
Haha, yeah. I'll remember beaming like a div and stammering! Haha. I was about twenty when I met Carpenter and was so starstruck the only thing I could think of saying was "I really liked Escape from LA" which was a blatant lie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26th July 2011, 05:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
Haha, yeah. I'll remember beaming like a div and stammering! Haha. I was about twenty when I met Carpenter and was so starstruck the only thing I could think of saying was "I really liked Escape from LA" which was a blatant lie!

I imagine he was taken by surprise by that -- he probably doesn't hear it very often... if at all!
Old 26th July 2011, 06:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Going back to Pete's point, i also have some football autographs. Liverpool played a pre season friendly at Burnley in the days of Dalglish, Rush, Hansen etc . Got all the autographs of the squad after the match.

Last summer i was on holiday in Seefeld, Austria, just before the World Cup. Sheer coincidence that the Dutch squad used it as their training base. Met Kuyt, Robben, Babel, Van Persie, Van Bronkhurst and Van Bommel. All were really friendly and took time to chat to people.

Other autographs i have are Eastwood, Burton, Brynner, Katherine Heigl, Drew Barrymore, Lawrence Harvey, and Charlton Heston.

Plus a load of genre stars and Doctor Who stars.
Pete likes this.
Old 26th July 2011, 06:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Going back to Pete's point, i also have some football autographs. Liverpool played a pre season friendly at Burnley in the days of Daldlish, Rush, Hansen etc . Got all the autographs of the squad after the match.

Last summer i was on holiday in Seefeld, Austria, just before the World Cup. Sheer coincidence that the Dutch squad used it as their training base. Met Kuyt, Robben, Babel, Van Persie, Van Bronkhurst and Van Bommel. All were really friendly and took time to chat to people.

Other autographs i have are Eastwood, Burton, Brynner, Katherine Heigl, Drew Barrymore, Lawrence Harvey, and Charlton Heston.

Plus a load of genre stars and Doctor Who stars.
Did you get Jonny H's autograph?
Old 26th July 2011, 06:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Did you get Jonny H's autograph?
I saw him at a training session but never to speak to. Really wanted to meet Sneijder but never got chance.

I arrived on the Saturday afternoon and they left Monday morning to go to South Africa, so Sunday i watched them train for a couple of hours, then got the chance to meet them back in the village.
Old 26th July 2011, 06:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

To be honest, I don't really have many 'collectable' discs, although I do have some oop discs such as Luchino Visconti's The Damned and Entertaining Mr Sloane which are listed on Amazon at £25+. So glad I picked those up when I did as they are two of my favourite films, especially EMS. I also have a few HKL discs that are listed on Amazon for a fair bit, but I have noticed they usually sell on ebay for a lot less, so just how collectable they really are is debatable. Other than that, the only one I can think of is by Arrow Video Battle Royale BD boxset, and I suppose you could chuck in my Green Cow Hammer box sets, too.

On the other hand, I have quite a lot of early-'90s indy/rock vinyl which seems to sell for a fair whack on ebay these days. For example, my triple blue vinyl LP of Mudhoney's anthology March To Fuzz from the late '90s I've seen selling for £100+ in recent years.
Old 26th July 2011, 06:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, collectible music is more my thing as well.to be honest! Rare Deftones, Boris, Pelican, Isis and The Cure vinyl, those massive Pearl Jam box sets, rare CD's including a first pressing Prince 'Black Album' and a Far CD limited to 100 copies!
Old 26th July 2011, 07:30 PM
Cult Addict

Books are the things I go for in the rare/collectable field, mainly occult stuff with limited runs. I've got a couple of books that I paid 50 quid for new that are going for over £500 these days. I've also got a very collectable book written by Nick Blinko, singer with Rudimentary Peni, the book was originally hand written on postcards and has a print run matching the number of postcards taken to write the book. You also get one of the hand written postcards and a one track cd with the book. The best buy I have though must be a book about occult music in England: £35 new but I've seen it on Amazon for just under a grand!
Old 26th July 2011, 08:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

My pride and joy is Arrow Videos very own Dawn of the Dead Blu-ray signed by the legendary Tom Savini, top bloke

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 26th July 2011, 09:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I imagine he was taken by surprise by that -- he probably doesn't hear it very often... if at all!
No word of a lie, he looked at me as if I were mental!

Like this? Share it using the links below!