Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The BARGAIN BASEMENT ALIEN THREAD! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/6206-bargain-basement-alien-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th July 2011 09:58 PM

The BARGAIN BASEMENT ALIEN THREAD!

19 Attachment(s)
:lol::pound:
Ridley Scott's classic ALIEN has a lot to answer for hasn't it?
(Actually,we have a lot to thank it for.)

I've just watched ALIEN 2 ON EARTH and it was one of those films you remember being FAR more better when you were a youngster!
It made XTRO look like it had the budget of a Jerry Bruckheimer budget!
Enjoyable Italian trash of the highest order-worth the 'slow build up'.:nod:
It's amazing what you can do with rubber hoses!:cool:

There's MANY ALIEN wannabees out there and I love them all-surely there are other fans out there,and if so,if I'm not alone in this universe,then make contact here and discuss those gloopy low-budget Extra Terrestrial delights!

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th July 2011 10:35 PM

I only discovered the Critters films a year or two back, when the £4.99 box set was released. Really enjoyed all of them.

Its always good to discover films for the first time.

kingofwitches666 14th July 2011 11:58 PM

I used to own a pre-cert VHS of Night Beast. I believe the tag line on the case was something like "His hands tear through flesh and bone".

Was most disappointed whilst watching the film that he actually despatched most people with a laser gun! :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 07:20 AM

....Which was on the VIPCO label if I remember right!

Yeah,Vipco tagline and Troma film = Definitely not what it says on the tin!

Nightbeast was okay,but THE BEING is a far nastier alien.:nod:

Gojirosan 15th July 2011 09:26 AM

I used to love the absurd Inseminoid. FIrstly, what an amazing title! Then there's the obvious soundstage sets the embarrassed actors gritting their teeth and thinking of the pay cheque, the C&A costumes and the "erratic" lighting.

But also, there is a genuine sense of tension at times and a transparent monster's cock!

Glorious.

I had a very worn VHS on the Brent Walker label that I managed to watch two or three times before it died completely!

And now I want to see it again!

platostotal 15th July 2011 10:24 AM

Don't forget 'Titan Find' tho you'll wish they hadn't:lol:.Lotta fun in a gory Alien clone kinda way.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 02:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I love The Deadly Spawn, Synapse produced a great dvd of it a couple of years ago. Not really sure it is an Alien rip off though. Not that it matters , its nice to give this piece of low budget exploitation a mention in any thread.

A brilliant bit of gory fun.:)

kingofwitches666 15th July 2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 166057)
I love The Deadly Spawn, Synapse produced a great dvd of it a couple of years ago. Not really sure it is an Alien rip off though. Not that it matters , its nice to give this piece of low budget exploitation a mention in any thread.

A brilliant bit of gory fun.:)

Ha ha, that looks ace. :lol:

I've never seen it myself & seeing as I'm not really buying DVD's no more (gone on a total Blu-Ray trip) I'd probably not purchase it. But if Synapse released a decent HD version....... :eyebrows:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 166072)
Ha ha, that looks ace. :lol:

I've never seen it myself & seeing as I'm not really buying DVD's no more (gone on a total Blu-Ray trip) I'd probably not purchase it. But if Synapse released a decent HD version....... :eyebrows:

It will never get a Bd release, the film makers had no ££££ whatsoever, the source material just isn't suitable to HD.

kingofwitches666 15th July 2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 166074)
It will never get a Bd release, the film makers had no ££££ whatsoever, the source material just isn't suitable to HD.

Shame :(