Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   What's Your Favourite Kill/Death Scene in a Movie? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/6633-whats-your-favourite-kill-death-scene-movie.html)

VicDakin 4th June 2012 04:49 PM

The Wolfman (2010)

21 Attachment(s)
The Wolfman (2010)

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th June 2012 04:58 PM

I quite liked The Wolfman. :bolt:

Nordicdusk 4th June 2012 05:03 PM

I taught The Wolfman was a great film. It kept a really nice atmosphere with great choice of actors.

VicDakin 4th June 2012 05:06 PM

wolfie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 247770)
I quite liked The Wolfman. :bolt:

I must admit when it first came out i was'nt impressed,I think its mis-cast and plodding in parts,Anthony Hopkins does his usual whisper/shout/whisper/shout acting style,and Benico just seems out of place,but recent viewings have warmed me to the film,the effects are great,the werewolf scenes are very cool and its just good to see Rick Bakers name on a horror film again,plus the village scenes outside were shot just down the road in Castle Combe,so I think time has been good to the film,either that or the older I get the less fussy im getting :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th June 2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 247774)
I must admit when it first came out i was'nt impressed,I think its mis-cast and plodding in parts,Anthony Hopkins does his usual whisper/shout/whisper/shout acting style,and Benico just seems out of place,but recent viewings have warmed me to the film,the effects are great,the werewolf scenes are very cool and its just good to see Rick Bakers name on a horror film again,plus the village scenes outside were shot just down the road in Castle Combe,so I think time has been good to the film,either that or the older I get the less fussy im getting :)

Sometimes films are just to be taken at face value and enjoyed, not scrutinized, pulled apart and compared to classics. :)

Susan Foreman 4th June 2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 247778)
Sometimes films are just to be taken at face value and enjoyed, not scrutinized, pulled apart and compared to classics. :)

Sometimes that is easier said than done

When I was studying film at college and university, I was taught to do just that - look 'beyond the film', look at the 'mis-en-scene', look at camera angles, look at the lighting, look at the editing, listen to the music - to such an extent that for many years, the actual plot was lost to me

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th June 2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 247780)
Sometimes that is easier said than done

When I was studying film at college and university, I was taught to do just that - look 'beyond the film', look at the 'mis-en-scene', look at camera angles, look at the lighting, look at the editing, listen to the music - to such an extent that for many years, the actual plot was lost to me

In a way thats quite sad really.

The majority of films we discuss on here are, to be truthful, badly made shite.

VicDakin 4th June 2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 247782)
In a way thats quite sad really.

The majority of films we discuss on here are, to be truthful, badly made shite.

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH your only suspose to think that,not say it out loud :pound:

VicDakin 5th June 2012 10:01 AM

Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979)

22 Attachment(s)
Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2012 01:02 PM

For some reason i never liked Nosferatu.

Nice stills though.