Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   What's Your Favourite Kill/Death Scene in a Movie? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/6633-whats-your-favourite-kill-death-scene-movie.html)

piraterob 5th October 2011 05:39 PM

people will probally think this is a bad choice but i will go for the spider scene from the beyond just because i hate spiders and it gave mte the creeps thinking of a giant spider on my face and not being able to do a thing about it(although he could have shut his mouth)

Splatterdragon73 22nd October 2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 178837)
Nearly impossible to pick one favourite over others, but I'll give this one to Zombie (Flesh Eaters). No not the splinter scene, but Susan getting her throat ripped out.

It's hard for me to narrow down my fave cinematic demises too but the above moment is without doubt one of the best death scenes in ZFE imo. The slo-mo eruption of blood from Susan's throat is just so memorable coupled with great sound FX too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 178967)
Captain Rhodes being ripped apart during the final climax of Day of the Dead is one of my favourite on screen deaths.

The Death of Captain Rhodes - YouTube

Once again, another Celluloid loss of life yours truly can approve of. "Choke on 'em! Choke on 'eemmmm!!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 178978)
Gotta give a mention to the raft scene from The Burning.

A terrific and tightly edited sequence this part and definitely the highlight of the movie. A quick, efficient and effective selection of slaughter that hits the viewer in a heartbeat and is over before they know it imo.

Also, how about the naked babe who gets messily split-in-half in Jason Goes To Hell:The Final Friday and the notorious 'Nam decapitation scene in The Exterminator? I like John Cassavetes' explosive exit in The Fury and Tom Savini's shotgun demise in Maniac too among many others.:)

Oops, nearly forgot about the nasty throat-slashing of a Ric Flair lookalike in The Last Horror Film.;)

Splatterdragon73 22nd October 2011 10:27 AM

The prison inmate whose head is smashed to pieces in The Story Of Ricky.:)

Splatterdragon73 22nd October 2011 11:06 AM

The Prowler also boasts the impressive Bayonet-through-the-Cranium murder and another superb Savini-supplied shotgunned head. The poor Priest who has his torso torn to shreds by a runaway sawblade in Superstition is another delightful demise too along with the victim at the start of the movie cut in two by a wicked window frame.

The guy who loses his head to a homicidal elevator in The Lift. Two top death scenes via animated pipes and barbed wire respectively in Prison. The young boy on the receiving end of 'Final Processing' in Halloween III:Season Of The Witch. An unfortunate soul severed in half by an evil elevator cable in Damien:Omen II and lastly, Suspiria's spectacular opening murder.:)

Splatterdragon73 23rd October 2011 09:27 AM

If you're into exploding ends to film characters then the likes of '78's Dawn Of The Dead, The Punisher:War Zone, The New Barbarians, Contamination, Born To Fight, The Big Score, Turkey Shoot, Titan Find, Mausoleum, Scanners and Rambo all feature some decidedly deadly detonations in one way or another.:)

dis 29th December 2011 09:17 PM

Hi all,lots of good death/kill scenes mentioned,but one of my faves has to be the first two killings in "Haute Tension".
The beheading and the wife in the bedroom when the schizo is in the wardrobe/in the room.
Great film!

ReturnToZero 29th December 2011 10:26 PM

One of the best murder scenes in one of the best giallos The Case of the Bloody Iris (1972) is when SPOILER gets stabbed to death when she is on her way home after a shopping spree. Well deserved i'd say after spending so much money on so much crap.

cropsy13 13th January 2012 12:37 AM

It's hard to name a specific "favorite" but one I always liked was the Raft Massacre from "The Burning"

dis 13th January 2012 02:30 PM

Yeah,great!Love the fingers!
Great name by the way,i take it your a big fan of said film?
One of my faves,all time classic and a timeless film!

enterthehero 13th January 2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 186762)
Dare I say this is even more impressive than Scanners?

The Fury (1978) Amy Irving blows up John Cassavetes - YouTube

Haha to awesome!!!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609303,-0.268837