Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1824Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2011, 05:39 PM
Cultist in Training

people will probally think this is a bad choice but i will go for the spider scene from the beyond just because i hate spiders and it gave mte the creeps thinking of a giant spider on my face and not being able to do a thing about it(although he could have shut his mouth)
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:34 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
Nearly impossible to pick one favourite over others, but I'll give this one to Zombie (Flesh Eaters). No not the splinter scene, but Susan getting her throat ripped out.
It's hard for me to narrow down my fave cinematic demises too but the above moment is without doubt one of the best death scenes in ZFE imo. The slo-mo eruption of blood from Susan's throat is just so memorable coupled with great sound FX too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Captain Rhodes being ripped apart during the final climax of Day of the Dead is one of my favourite on screen deaths.

Once again, another Celluloid loss of life yours truly can approve of. "Choke on 'em! Choke on 'eemmmm!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
Gotta give a mention to the raft scene from The Burning.
A terrific and tightly edited sequence this part and definitely the highlight of the movie. A quick, efficient and effective selection of slaughter that hits the viewer in a heartbeat and is over before they know it imo.

Also, how about the naked babe who gets messily split-in-half in Jason Goes To Hell:The Final Friday and the notorious 'Nam decapitation scene in The Exterminator? I like John Cassavetes' explosive exit in The Fury and Tom Savini's shotgun demise in Maniac too among many others.

Oops, nearly forgot about the nasty throat-slashing of a Ric Flair lookalike in The Last Horror Film.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 22nd October 2011, 10:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

The prison inmate whose head is smashed to pieces in The Story Of Ricky.
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

The Prowler also boasts the impressive Bayonet-through-the-Cranium murder and another superb Savini-supplied shotgunned head. The poor Priest who has his torso torn to shreds by a runaway sawblade in Superstition is another delightful demise too along with the victim at the start of the movie cut in two by a wicked window frame.

The guy who loses his head to a homicidal elevator in The Lift. Two top death scenes via animated pipes and barbed wire respectively in Prison. The young boy on the receiving end of 'Final Processing' in Halloween III:Season Of The Witch. An unfortunate soul severed in half by an evil elevator cable in Damien:Omen II and lastly, Suspiria's spectacular opening murder.
Old 23rd October 2011, 09:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

If you're into exploding ends to film characters then the likes of '78's Dawn Of The Dead, The Punisher:War Zone, The New Barbarians, Contamination, Born To Fight, The Big Score, Turkey Shoot, Titan Find, Mausoleum, Scanners and Rambo all feature some decidedly deadly detonations in one way or another.
Old 29th December 2011, 08:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Hi all,lots of good death/kill scenes mentioned,but one of my faves has to be the first two killings in "Haute Tension".
The beheading and the wife in the bedroom when the schizo is in the wardrobe/in the room.
Great film!
Old 29th December 2011, 09:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

One of the best murder scenes in one of the best giallos The Case of the Bloody Iris (1972) is when SPOILER gets stabbed to death when she is on her way home after a shopping spree. Well deserved i'd say after spending so much money on so much crap.
Old 12th January 2012, 11:37 PM
Cult Rookie

It's hard to name a specific "favorite" but one I always liked was the Raft Massacre from "The Burning"
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 13th January 2012, 01:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yeah,great!Love the fingers!
Great name by the way,i take it your a big fan of said film?
One of my faves,all time classic and a timeless film!
Old 13th January 2012, 07:36 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurious View Post
Dare I say this is even more impressive than Scanners?

Haha to awesome!!!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609303,-0.268837

Like this? Share it using the links below!