Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   What's Your Favourite Kill/Death Scene in a Movie? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/6633-whats-your-favourite-kill-death-scene-movie.html)

enterthehero 3rd September 2011 12:05 AM

What's Your Favourite Kill/Death Scene in a Movie?
 
not sure if theres already a thread like this but here it goes anyway,

what is your favorite kill/ death scene in a movie?

post a picture or video or just explain which one etc.......

this is two of my favorites
sorry i couldnt find a better clip for it

Jason X killing campers - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgR9krQRHeA

enterthehero 3rd September 2011 10:28 PM

Just gonna bump this:)


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609088,-0.268661

Beyond72 4th September 2011 05:18 PM

Nearly impossible to pick one favourite over others, but I'll give this one to Zombie (Flesh Eaters). No not the splinter scene, but Susan getting her throat ripped out. Love the build up with the super pissed off zombie rising from his grave, and the sudden cut in the music to Susan screaming/choking on her own blood - lovely.

Yawn I know, but hey.

enterthehero 4th September 2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 178837)
Nearly impossible to pick one favourite over others, but I'll give this one to Zombie (Flesh Eaters). No not the splinter scene, but Susan getting her throat ripped out. Love the build up with the super pissed off zombie rising from his grave, and the sudden cut in the music to Susan screaming/choking on her own blood - lovely.

Yawn I know, but hey.

Lol nice.
Still haven't seen that film I need to try pick it up.


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609250,-0.268852

bdc 4th September 2011 06:55 PM

Hard to pick a favourite,but I remembered this as a fun one (Argento reference?):

From Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000)
A film that starts off very promising but... ;)

SPOILERS!

Urban Legends ( The Kidney Heist ) - YouTube

Rik 4th September 2011 07:57 PM

Too many to choose from, I agree about the ZFE one though, classic. I'm gonna have to think about this one...


Violence is Italian Art

enterthehero 4th September 2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 178845)
Hard to pick a favourite,but I remembered this as a fun one (Argento reference?):

From Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000)
A film that starts off very promising but... ;)

SPOILERS!

Urban Legends ( The Kidney Heist ) - YouTube

Wow that's far to awesome!


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.608993,-0.269205

platostotal 5th September 2011 12:00 AM

David Warner meeting a pane of glass in THE OMEN is a classic, it was one of the first R rated movies I was able to get into see by myself.

enterthehero 5th September 2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 178875)
David Warner meeting a pane of glass in THE OMEN is a classic, it was one of the first R rated movies I was able to get into see by myself.

The nanny hanging herself was a cool one as well.


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609107,-0.269171

Demoncrat 5th September 2011 11:12 AM

indeed hard to pick one....

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS







the disposal sequence in Torn Curtain (not strictly horror, but...well, you know...its Hitch)

Otis' demise in Henry....

"CHOKE ON 'EM!!" (guess?)

BioZombie 5th September 2011 11:29 AM

Captain Rhodes being ripped apart during the final climax of Day of the Dead is one of my favourite on screen deaths.

The Death of Captain Rhodes - YouTube

Beyond72 5th September 2011 12:02 PM

Gotta give a mention to the raft scene from The Burning, a beautifully mean spirited riff on Friday the 13th's jump scare ending.
And if you say it's overrated I'm gonna bust your ass! :lol:

enterthehero 5th September 2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 178967)
Captain Rhodes being ripped apart during the final climax of Day of the Dead is one of my favourite on screen deaths.

The Death of Captain Rhodes - YouTube

Yep defiantly one of the best, even now it's one of the realist looking effects.


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609318,-0.268587

enterthehero 5th September 2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 178978)
Gotta give a mention to the raft scene from The Burning, a beautifully mean spirited riff on Friday the 13th's jump scare ending.
And if you say it's overrated I'm gonna bust your ass! :lol:

I only just watched this film for the first time last week! I can't stress how much I love that film already. Another great kill!


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609385,-0.269015

Hugh 5th September 2011 06:53 PM

Good thread.

Took quite a lot of thought, but in the end I've had to go with Bob's demise from City of the Living Dead. Honourable mention to the girl in the Land Rover of the same film :puke:

City of the Living Dead - YouTube

enterthehero 5th September 2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 179126)
Good thread.

Took quite a lot of thought, but in the end I've had to go with Bob's demise from City of the Living Dead. Honourable mention to the girl in the Land Rover of the same film :puke:

City of the Living Dead - YouTube

Cheers
Another great kill from a awesome movie


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609158,-0.269154

enterthehero 5th September 2011 07:02 PM

another one of my fav's

Glass Death -Final Destination- - YouTube

Beyond72 6th September 2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enterthehero (Post 179128)

Cool, would be better if it was little kid though, esp the way kids love to scare pigeons like that.

enterthehero 6th September 2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 179206)
Cool, would be better if it was little kid though, esp the way kids love to scare pigeons like that.

Lmao


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609213,-0.268809

Rik 6th September 2011 10:01 AM

I couldn't find a clip of it, but one of my favs is the scene in Ichi the killer where the rapist pimp dude gets cut in half, pretty disgusting

enterthehero 6th September 2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 179212)
I couldn't find a clip of it, but one of my favs is the scene in Ichi the killer where the rapist pimp dude gets cut in half, pretty disgusting

I Like when the face is sliding down the wall.


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609457,-0.269073

Rik 6th September 2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enterthehero (Post 179214)
I Like when the face is sliding down the wall.


---
I am here: Google Maps

Yeah, another good one!

platostotal 6th September 2011 10:36 AM

At the finale of the Charles Bronson film BREAKOUT the baddie gets hit by a planes propeller...ouch. Great mid 70s splatter.

http://youtu.be/w2ZAbr7EAXg

Prince_Vajda 6th September 2011 10:41 AM

These two from Mario Bava's A Bay of Blood are among my personal favourites. :nod:



Greetings!

enterthehero 6th September 2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 179219)
At the finale of the Charles Bronson film BREAKOUT the baddie gets hit by a planes propeller...ouch. Great mid 70s splatter.

http://youtu.be/w2ZAbr7EAXg

Lmao that's way to cool.
I'm gonna have to pick that on up


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609205,-0.269001

enterthehero 6th September 2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 179220)
These two from Mario Bava's A Bay of Blood are among my personal favourites. :nod:



Greetings!

I have this film in my pile to watch so I'll check this clip out later:)


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609205,-0.269001

platostotal 6th September 2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enterthehero (Post 179255)
Lmao that's way to cool.
I'm gonna have to pick that on up


---
I am here: Google Maps

I saw it at the cinema on release, as a Bronson fan I went with my mates to a 3/4 full house and when that prop hit a big outburst of "holy shit" went up, me included.

Gojirosan 6th September 2011 04:25 PM

Until I joined this forum I had never heard of the word "kill" being used as a noun to describe onscreen death scenes.

Make Them Die Slowly 6th September 2011 07:42 PM

Death by poisoned sperm! In the Findlays' "Flesh Trilogy", Richard Jennings, the crazed killer, injects himself with a poison that somehow not only doesn't kill him, but can also be safely stored in his knackers with no ill effect until "released". Now, I'm no scientist but from what happens next in the film, I'd take an educated guess that saliva triggers the poison to turn lethal upon contact.;)

enterthehero 6th September 2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 179346)
Death by poisoned sperm! In the Findlays' "Flesh Trilogy", Richard Jennings, the crazed killer, injects himself with a poison that somehow not only doesn't kill him, but can also be safely stored in his knackers with no ill effect until "released". Now, I'm no scientist but from what happens next in the film, I'd take an educated guess that saliva triggers the poison to turn lethal upon contact.;)

Are you serious that's totally insane


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609151,-0.269285

enterthehero 6th September 2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 179270)
Until I joined this forum I had never heard of the word "kill" being used as a noun to describe onscreen death scenes.

Im ever so sorry please don't "killed" me :)


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609087,-0.269292

Make Them Die Slowly 6th September 2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enterthehero (Post 179348)
Are you serious that's totally insane


---
I am here: Google Maps

Yeah, Michael and Roberta Findlay really up their game in the "Flesh" Trilogy. The scene even includes the most fake looking penis ever seen on film. In the same series of films there is also murder by poison laced g-string, the poison only being released by sexual arousal. Great films if you have a liking for endless scenes of go go dancing, anti acting in the extreme, long periods of boredom, "imaginative" camera work and a misanthropic rage that is both alarming in it's intensity yet also in it's self loathing.

thelostclassics 7th September 2011 06:58 PM

Phantasm II: The ball is back.
When the golden uber sphere goes into the goon - who has just hacked his hand off to escape from it. Enters through his back, flips him all over the room then drills its way up to come out his mouth. Ouch.

b.m.fruen 17th September 2011 11:48 PM

6 Attachment(s)
My favourite death scene is in body melt where a kid is doing some stunts on a skate ramp when he manages to land his face flat on the ground and the results are especially gruesome...

Also, a man's you-know-what explodes as the result of taking a deadly new drug called Vimuville in the same film.

Phurious 18th September 2011 05:21 AM

Not particularly gory, but completely 'out there', from the great Andy Sidaris Hard Ticket To Hawaii:

Hard Ticket To Hawaii - Skateboard Assassin - YouTube

"Let's get that turkey."

Phurious 18th September 2011 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 179212)
I couldn't find a clip of it, but one of my favs is the scene in Ichi the killer where the rapist pimp dude gets cut in half, pretty disgusting

This has TONS of amazing deaths and features a brief moment of the Ichi The Killer split:

horror movies montage - YouTube

(Also one of my favourite tunes).

Phurious 18th September 2011 05:28 AM

This has to be up there as well. It's one of those, "Will they? Won't they? Yep, they will." moments.

Suicide Circle (Train Jump) - YouTube

enterthehero 18th September 2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b.m.fruen (Post 182137)
My favourite death scene is in body melt where a kid is doing some stunts on a skate ramp when he manages to land his face flat on the ground and the results are especially gruesome...

Also, a man's you-know-what explodes as the result of taking a deadly new drug called Vimuville in the same film.

Well this is getting bought!


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609157,-0.268981

enterthehero 18th September 2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 182149)
Not particularly gory, but completely 'out there', from the great Andy Sidaris Hard Ticket To Hawaii:

Hard Ticket To Hawaii - Skateboard Assassin - YouTube

"Let's get that turkey."

This is gonna take some beating, to ****ing awesome.


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609168,-0.268960

enterthehero 18th September 2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 182150)
This has TONS of amazing deaths and features a brief moment of the Ichi The Killer split:

horror movies montage - YouTube

(Also one of my favourite tunes).

Great stuff lots of good movies in there.


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609294,-0.269149


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.