Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Poll: Best King Adaptation?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Best King Adaptation?

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2008, 08:49 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Thought The Dark Half was quite dull too..........

Romero / King combo.......Who would of thought?
Old 25th August 2008, 08:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Agree with Zarith .....Cronenberg really nailed THE DEAD ZONE.
CHILDREN OF THE CORN also holds a soft spot with me,the Caddyshack gopher and upbeat ending was the only letdown for me.
The impact of that opening music followed by the cafe massacre was astounding.
Great little couple of months for video releases that was:-COTC TDZ and BATHOD -God bless Thorn-Emi!
Old 25th August 2008, 09:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Judging by the results;anyone else think Garris should wrap the King adaptations?
Old 26th August 2008, 06:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Creepshow would come near the top of any film poll for me, being one of my all time favourites. I also voted Carrie as it's just a great film - well shot, well acted and an ending that scared me half to death when I first saw it!
Old 26th August 2008, 08:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Tough one that, I actually really like a fair few of those films. Always loved COTC, also a big fan of Needful Things, Salem's Lot, Pet Sematary and Cujo. For me though it's gotta be 'Stand By Me'. It's a really moving film, and although i'm not one for getting emotional this one always manages to put a lump in my throat
Old 28th August 2008, 01:36 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

I watched Pet Sematary for the first time last night! What a fantastic film! I never read the book before I had seen it, so I didn't know what to expect (besides basic knowledge of it!!) - great film. More films need to have murderous children!!!
Old 2nd September 2008, 09:48 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
I watched Pet Sematary for the first time last night! What a fantastic film! I never read the book before I had seen it, so I didn't know what to expect (besides basic knowledge of it!!) - great film. More films need to have murderous children!!!

Check out devil times five,mate.

Released by code red in the states and its going very cheap on the net at the mo.

Only thing that annoyed me with this was the slow motion kills,seemed to go on for ever,but apart from that it was pretty good.
The interviews section in the extras are a hoot,as the "director" is given a very bad name,and apparently ended up in a brawl with one of the films participants. Only in the world of moviemaking,eh.
Old 15th September 2008, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

THE MIST is excellent....what I watched yesterday was the r1 disc of SOMETIMES THEY COME BACK......funnily enough,it was far more entertaining than I remember it being when I first watched it on VHS many moons ago....
Old 15th September 2008, 07:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

As far as the horror novels are concerned, there's no match for "Carrie", but I chose "Stand by me", because it's a) one of my personal dearest faves since the time it played theatrically and b) it really looks like the words in the novella transformed into images on screen. Plus, it makes some valuable points about childhood friendships and their impact in later life.
Generally I'd say that King's non horror fiction usually inspires much better movie results than the genre fare for reasons, which I'm not entirely sure about. ....
Old 17th September 2008, 12:39 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Cronenberg's The Dead Zone for me - and this is also probably partly because it's my favourite King novel too.

Now there's a thought - is your preference influenced at all by how much you liked the original book?

Like this? Share it using the links below!