Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2011, 11:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Agreed.
can only agreeee ahem. twas 2nd dvd i bought off internet (Tisa Farrow also lands on a strange island in the first.....)

i watch it every 6 months. it combats the symptoms.
Wes likes this.
Old 21st October 2011, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Thing is none of them have the sheer level of bonus content the shriek show discs have, nor the lovely packaging or poster. I still rate shriek shows disc above any of the euro releases as its the best overall package.

BU's blu should have the excellent commentary track, but it lacks the feature length in-depth, well produced documentary thats the last word on the movie. Shriek shows print is still damnned good as well.
There's no doubt the SS release defeats the other Euro editions and said R1 DVD set does indeed boast attractive packaging. However, i must admit the 98 min. documentary disappointed me. I just think this potentially mouth-watering extra amounted to a collection of camcorder-shot 'talking head' contributions simply strung together with little or none of the high production values common with old school ABUS and BU interviews. That said, the chat with the late Captain Haggerty was the most professionally put-together piece on the disc imo and apparently both the SS and BU prints are exactly the same so there should be no conflict of PQ. I do believe though, that the latter label could do a much better job of delivering a feature-length making-of Fulci's famous flesh-ripper and yours truly was hoping they would.

If i'm not wrong then BU's forthcoming ZFE DVD and BR is to have an embossed cover too.
Old 21st October 2011, 12:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
However, i must admit the 98 min. documentary disappointed me. I just think this potentially mouth-watering extra amounted to a collection of camcorder-shot 'talking head' contributions simply strung together with little or none of the high production values common with old school ABUS and BU interviews
I'm kinda glad to hear this cos I went with the BU and was torn over my weapon of choice... A good meaty doc is the best extra you can get on a disc (I'm thinking of the TCM and Exorcist docs) but a camcorder thing can be painful...
Old 21st October 2011, 01:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The 'blue zombies' part on the SS doc is quite amusing though. I sold it in anticipation of the new BU one though.
Old 21st October 2011, 02:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The SS doc was ok but it could have been edited down a bit. Also why do SS keep showing the interviewee's name every two seconds? It's not like anyone is going to forget who they are!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 21st October 2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 21st October 2011, 03:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The cut UK editions are pretty worthless although they do have the 'proper' title card

vlcsnap-2011-10-21-16h41m51s116.jpg

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 21st October 2011, 04:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
The cut UK editions are pretty worthless although they do have the 'proper' title card

Attachment 24843
Any UK company that releases it on BD needs to use the ZFE title and hand coming up from the ground artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21st October 2011, 06:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The ZFE artwork is cool!
Old 21st October 2011, 08:23 PM
Cultist

It would be good to have all the Zombie Flesh Eaters films in a metal box set like the Bronx Warriors movies.

Just think, uncut, packed with extras and all in a nice metal box.
Rik likes this.
Old 21st October 2011, 09:10 PM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
It would be good to have all the Zombie Flesh Eaters films in a metal box set like the Bronx Warriors movies.

Just think, uncut, packed with extras and all in a nice metal box.
Well maybe the first one and...not the rest. Don;t like metal boxes much. Everyone i've had the hinges have broke or the paints chipped.

Like this? Share it using the links below!