Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Zombi 2 uk edition (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/7028-zombi-2-uk-edition.html)

Rassilon 20th October 2011 06:24 PM

Zombi 2 uk edition

What's the best version of Zombi 2 aka Zombie Flesh Eaters in the UK. It's one of my favorite films and I don't have it after my last copy got scratched. I'd like it uncut, but don't know if in the uk the film has been released uncut. I know there has been an extreme edition but thats 17pound on dvd. Does anyone know what the version in the Zombie flesh eaters collection (the boxset with (ZFE, 2, 3 AND ZH) is like in terms of cuts and quality. I won't waste money if Arrow are planning to release it uncut but I've seen no news that they are.

And I didn't hear somewhere there was some red tape about the film being released uncut. That the bbfc had no problems with it. I could have just imagined this tho.

Pete 20th October 2011 06:30 PM

The 'extreme' edition is cut (the splinter through the eye is shortened and a couple of brief shots of the zombies eating her body) and I believe the version in the ZFE box is the same version.

The uncut version is only available in Anchor Bay UK's first 'BOX OF THE BANNED'.

Rassilon 20th October 2011 06:33 PM

cheers pete.

Pete 20th October 2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 191603)
cheers pete.

No problem. It's a shame it's been treated so badly here in the UK.

keirarts 20th October 2011 08:55 PM

The box of the banned version is the one to get if you must get a uk edition. Its the blu-underground version so it looks great. Any fan with a multi region dvd player NEEDS the shriek show 2-discer though, its the best release overall.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th October 2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 191659)
The box of the banned version is the one to get if you must get a uk edition. Its the blu-underground version so it looks great. Any fan with a multi region dvd player NEEDS the shriek show 2-discer though, its the best release overall.

Agreed. :nod:

Splatterdragon73 21st October 2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 191659)

The above BOTB ZFE release is indeed the way to go for the best British version so far. And whereas the SS R1 double-disc set should be owned by any serious fan of Fulci's grand gorefest, i believe BU's imminent ultimate edition DVD and BR releases will probably prove to be the overall winning incarnations.

Of course, for R2 only purists there's also AWE's Danish ZFE contribution and i personally still own both Dragon's German edition and the ISV Dutch DVD. Non-anamorphic widescreen the latter two titles but they still look decent imo.:)

keirarts 21st October 2011 07:03 AM

The differences in quality are there with the european editions, but I agree BU's blu will look the best.

Thing is none of them have the sheer level of bonus content the shriek show discs have, nor the lovely packaging or poster. I still rate shriek shows disc above any of the euro releases as its the best overall package.

BU's blu should have the excellent commentary track, but it lacks the feature length in-depth, well produced documentary thats the last word on the movie. Shriek shows print is still damnned good as well.

wayfarer 21st October 2011 08:39 AM

I have the SS version and want ot get the BU BR. I look forward to people posting their views on the PQ.:)

Wes 21st October 2011 08:57 AM

I remember well seeing the German DVD edition entitled Woodoo back in the day and being completely surprised by the pre-credits sequence, which was missing from the VIPCO VHS editions... I've seen the VIPCO version so many times, Fabio Frizzi's theme music on the front credits just doesn't feel right without that audio jump that was on the print VIPCO used !