Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Remembering giallos (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/7065-remembering-giallos.html)

necroluciferia 20th November 2011 10:03 AM

I'm inclined to agree with you here, on the whole I find giallos to be quite hard-going and I really need to be in the right mood for them. The Argento ones are the obvious exceptions for me, and a few others like Footprints On The Moon, Who Saw Her Die and Lizard In A Womans Skin come to mind.

Scyther 14th December 2011 12:30 AM

I'm a sucker for any giallo, although Deep Red is probably my favorite. I, too, didn't think too much for The Fifth Cord and I'm probably one of the few who feels The Psychic is profoundly boring. Excellent score, though.

Really digging on Short Night of Glass Dolls The House With Laughing Windows and Sunspots lately, with A Lizard In a Woman's Skin probably coming up a second favorite for me. :)

walkerbait 23rd April 2012 11:07 PM

I just finished watching Perversion Story for the third time. It's not a title I see mentioned very often, but I really like this movie. The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh and Black Belly of the Tarantula are two others that I would put at the top of my list.

Two films I recently watched for the first time are The Red Queen Kills Seven Times and The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave. I can't get them out of my mind and I will be re-watching them very soon.

Scyther 23rd April 2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkerbait (Post 235155)
I just finished watching Perversion Story for the third time. It's not a title I see mentioned very often, but I really like this movie. The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh and Black Belly of the Tarantula are two others that I would put at the top of my list.

Two films I recently watched for the first time are The Red Queen Kills Seven Times and The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave. I can't get them out of my mind and I will be re-watching them very soon.

I watched those two Ercoli movies recently, as well! Loved 'em both, although I think I preferred La Dama Rossa Uccide Setta Volta a smidge more. :)

Man, I need to watch Perversion Story again. I watched it as one of my first gialli, and I don't think I really appreciated the style's pacing or mood at that point. Think I would like it a lot more now. :)

skankenstoned 24th April 2012 08:52 AM

I love a good Giallo, in fact I'm quite happy to sit through a bad Giallo at least once.
One that really left an impression was My Dear Killer, my first glimpse of George Hilton in action, very cool imho.

Rhodes 24th April 2012 11:28 AM

perversion story is a great one! the lack of fulci releases in this country make me sad.

bdc 24th April 2012 01:07 PM

Yeah Perversion Story = :thumb:
As are all Fulci's early gialli.

ReturnToZero 24th April 2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scyther (Post 235157)
I watched those two Ercoli movies recently, as well! Loved 'em both, although I think I preferred La Dama Rossa Uccide Setta Volta a smidge more. :)

A masterpiece!