Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   My online ramblings and musings (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/7380-my-online-ramblings-musings.html)

Scyther 15th December 2011 08:04 PM

My online ramblings and musings

Besides working for Rue Morgue Magazine, I muse on all my horror related topics on Examiner.com, if anyone is interested in checking it out!

Thanks, all. :woot:

Boston Movie Examiner - Movies | Examiner.com

Scyther 5th March 2012 01:06 PM

Two new reviews posted, for Death Will Have Your Eyes and Ransom Baby both from Mya Communication. Surprisingly enjoyed the former. The latter not so much. Cheers! :)

Death Will Have Your Eyes provides palpable storytelling and suspense - Boston Movie | Examiner.com

'Ransom Baby' is a case of deceiving appearances - Boston Movie | Examiner.com

Scyther 5th March 2012 01:11 PM

Oh, and here are a couple of others I believe I've neglected to post? From Mya, Raro and One Seven Movies. Two poliziotteschi and a sex comedy from Andrea 'Burial Ground' Bianchi! :) Cheers, all!

'Young, Violent, Dangerous' is a recommended Poliziotteschi entry - Boston Movie | Examiner.com

Slap and Tickle: 'Cop In Drag' brings slapstick to the Poliziotteschi genre - Boston Movie | Examiner.com

Andrea Bianchi's 'Cara Dolce Nipote' is an Italian sex comedy gem - Boston Movie | Examiner.com

ReturnToZero 5th March 2012 02:24 PM

How in God's name did you manage to watch Mya's DVD of Death Will Have Your Eyes until the end? :) This release is a joke and a kick in the face for everyone who bought it and support them. I hope they will burn in hell.

Edit: Nice reviews btw ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th March 2012 02:25 PM

I was really looking forward to Death Will Have Your Eyes until i read a few online reviews which slated the transfer, your review makes me want to give it a shot though.

Marisa Mell :love:

Scyther 5th March 2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 222054)
I was really looking forward to Death Will Have Your Eyes until i read a few online reviews which slated the transfer, your review makes me want to give it a shot though.

Marisa Mell :love:

Thanks for the positive feedback, lads, and you're right Return, the transfer is shite...but I may possess a higher tolerance for them, perhaps. I didn't find it unwatchable, that's for sure. The way I see it, at least it's available on DVD, which is more than we can say for a LOT of rare films such as this one!

The worst I've EVER seen is A Town Called Hell from I believe Direct Source Media or something. I tossed that disc across the room, it was so bad. :lol:

Oh and indeed :love: for Marisa Mell! Shame about how she ended up, however. I'm a sucker for a tragic tale (see also: Claudia Jennings, Karin Schubert, Dorothy Stratten, Lynne Frederick)

Scyther 13th April 2012 11:33 PM

New review posted online of The Girl In Room 2A new from Mondo Macabro! Cheers, all!

Viewing giallo through American eyes with 'The Girl In Room 2A' - Boston Movie | Examiner.com

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th April 2012 09:06 AM

Great reviews, Scyther. :cool:

Demoncrat 14th April 2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scyther (Post 203844)
Besides working for Rue Morgue Magazine, I muse on all my horror related topics on Examiner.com, if anyone is interested in checking it out!

Thanks, all. :woot:

Boston Movie Examiner - Movies | Examiner.com

Great SNFYK review btw, kudos!

Scyther 14th April 2012 12:34 PM

Thanks, both! :)