Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th January 2012, 08:36 PM
Active Cultist

Didn't really like it after watching it for the first time the other night but the more I think about it, the more I'm changing my mind.

Think it's definitely a grower. Any film that lingers in the mind for days afterwards, like this one has for me, is worthy of further investigation IMO.
wayfarer and Phurious like this.
Old 8th January 2012, 03:59 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Cracking write up in this months TOTAL FILM...

Kill List review | TotalFilm.com
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:40 PM
Cult Rookie

I watched it a few days ago and have been thinking about it ever since. Absolutely pitch perfect performances, amazing sound design and a brilliantly tense and claustrophobic atmosphere that has really stayed with me.

Can't wait to check out Down Terrace.
Old 9th January 2012, 05:30 PM
Cult Rookie

Hi everyone, this is my first proper post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
There was something about the overall atmosphere of the film that was incredibly uncomfortable, like it could all kick off at any one moment.
I just watched Kill List the other day and must say this ^^ was the main thing I got from the film. The atmosphere was very thick, for example during the dinner party scene.

I liked the fact that a lot of details were not completely spelled out, such as what actually happened in Kiev, but it could've been slightly clearer as to why we ended up with the conclusion we did. Were the cult choosing a new leader or was just a "craziest bastard" award?

The violence was very shocking though and the hammer scene made me wince. The whole "Librarian" scenario was very grim.
Old 9th January 2012, 05:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBurnTheWitch View Post

I just watched Kill List the other day and must say this ^^ was the main thing I got from the film. The atmosphere was very thick, for example during the dinner party scene.

I liked the fact that a lot of details were not completely spelled out, such as what actually happened in Kiev, but it could've been slightly clearer as to why we ended up with the conclusion we did. Were the cult choosing a new leader or was just a "craziest bastard" award?

The violence was very shocking though and the hammer scene made me wince. The whole "Librarian" scenario was very grim.
Take a look at my post above and read the article at the link. I think they're spot on with the theory as to what it is we're witnessing as a viewer.

*Welcome to the Forum btw :O)
Old 9th January 2012, 06:01 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
read the article at the link.
I read that one when I did some searching the morning after watching the film. Just re-read it now and it does put the puzzle into perspective.

I'd have just liked to have gotten to the conclusion from the film itself without having to google "what was that all about then?"

I think it's a case of some of us lost track on the first run through.

Interesting though and filmed in my home city of Sheffield!

Thanks also for the welcome!
Old 9th January 2012, 06:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I read that one when I did some searching the morning after watching the film. Just re-read it now and it does put the puzzle into perspective.

I'd have just liked to have gotten to the conclusion from the film itself without having to google "what was that all about then?"

I think it's a case of some of us lost track on the first run through.

Interesting though and filmed in my home city of Sheffield!

Thanks also for the welcome!
Yeah, we shouldn't have to google for a solution or have someone point it out to us, but sometimes I just like to read a clever opinion that is contrary to what I had already thought about. My second viewing of Kill List will be interesting
Old 9th January 2012, 06:36 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Welcome DBTW!

Great topic to get stuck into!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th January 2012, 06:38 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
My second viewing of Kill List will be interesting
Yeah, knowing where everything is eventually leading will probably make the journey a bit easier to follow.

I guess that's the beauty of DVD/BluRay, it's so convenient to watch over and over. If Kill List was a novel I'd be screwed to find the time to figure it out!
Old 9th January 2012, 08:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I recieved my disc of this movie today and have just watched it. It was truly fascinating and a good film it but to be honest i'm a little confused what the movie was really about.

SPOILERS:
The parts that made me wonder was why everyone thanked Jay just before he killed them but i can't see any real connection between the victims. What was Jay? The Libarian claimed he knew.
Was there a conspiracy against him that his wife where a part of, was that why she was so interested about if they where on schedule and got so uncomfortable and surprised that he got home early one day when Fiona was on visit who obviously was a part of the cult and involved with "the client"?

Like this? Share it using the links below!