Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2012, 08:22 PM
Active Cultist

Didn't really like horror films when I was a kid,strange...Halloween I-II must have been some of the first I've seen,maybe Lemora: A Child's tale of the Supernatural comes to mind.My dad had a VHS and he pretty much let me and my brother watch what we pleased (and we did).Became obsessed with horror movies later on when censorship got really bad here in Finland.The Evil Dead I-II were the first ones,now I have hundreds and counting.
Old 29th January 2012, 08:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon View Post
(does anyone else remember those Godzilla VHS which had black covers and an outline of Godzilla's head on the front which was a different colour on each release?)
I may have a small recollection of such things...
Old 29th January 2012, 11:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

I loved watching monster movies as a kid, especially the ones featuring stop-motion fx by Ray Harryhausen.I also remember being taken to see Jaws on its original cinema release, I was 7 at the time.I think the combination of those, and BBC2's horror double bills, made me the horror fan I am today.
Old 30th January 2012, 08:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Can't remember for sure what my first one was but it was either Nightmare on Elm Street or Texas Chainsaw Massacre I think, although could have been a Hammer Dracula flick.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 30th January 2012, 11:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

now youre asking! the one i remember is Twins of Evil, though it may have been the Incredible Shrinking Man as well (ok its scifi but it terrified ME....)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st February 2012, 09:28 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm pretty sure Jaws was the first horror film I saw and was really scared when Ben Gardner's head appeared!

It wasn't something which then led to my current obsession, which really only kicked off when (as I've said quite a few times) I saw The Exorcist at the cinema in 1998 - the first horror film I saw at the cinema.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The first two horror films I remember seeing as a kid as they obviously left an impression on me were CROWHAVEN FARM a TV movie starring Hope Lange & THE GORGON.
Old 1st February 2012, 01:09 PM
Cultist in Training

As many have posted before me, I have my dad and BBC2 to thank for my obsession - my first was Corman's The Pit and the Pendulum on a Monday night while my mum was out at work. Even though Fall of the House of Usher and Masque of the Red Death are probably better, Pendulum is still my favourite, and my favourite Price performance.
Old 1st February 2012, 02:04 PM
Cultist in Training

when i was 5-6 years old i saw a part of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. But the first full horror movie was Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood when i was ten
Old 1st February 2012, 03:47 PM
Cult Rookie

This is going to date me, Doctor Bloods Coffin on late night television, it scared the life out of me, wish films today had the same effect on me!

Like this? Share it using the links below!