Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Amicus - The (other) Studio That Dripped Blood (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/8186-amicus-other-studio-dripped-blood.html)

DrTerror 9th March 2012 09:30 PM

Amicus - The (other) Studio That Dripped Blood

25 Attachment(s)
The Amicus Poll (with thanks to Reaps' Ultimate Hammer Poll for the inspiration).

Vote for your favourite Amicus film - only one vote per person, so choose wisely. (I've left off the completely non-genre films - It's Trad, Dad!, Just for Fun and A Touch of Love).

Also, what are your memories of seeing these films; were you lucky enough to have seen any on original release, do you have fond memories of seeing them as a kid (as I do), or do you just not like them at all?

All comments gratefully received...

RedEyeTheCylon 9th March 2012 09:53 PM

Very difficult to choose! As much as I love the anthology films, I had to pick Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. . Must have seen it over 50 times now but it's still one of my favourite sci-fi films and it's responsible for making me a fan of Doctor Who.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th March 2012 09:58 PM

A very difficult decision indeed... but, I think The Skull just edges it for me.

VicDakin 9th March 2012 10:01 PM

Tales from the Crypt (1972)

3 Attachment(s)
Just luv Tales from the Crypt (1972),can't remember when i first saw it,must of been the beeb's double bill on sat nite,but it has always stuck with me,especially Peter Cushing as Arthur Edward Grimsdyke (segment 3 "Poetic Justice"),one of his finest moments on screen.

the blob 9th March 2012 10:31 PM

Tough as hell this one. Asylum, House That Dripped Blood, Dr Terror's and Tales From The Crypt are pretty much on a par for me. If I really had to pick one it would probably be Tales. Not a weak story in it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th March 2012 10:43 PM

Not sure Amicus actually claim the Dalek films are theirs. Aaru Productions are the proper producers and although they are Amicus by any other name, the company (Amicus) are not credited as so.

I only watched Daleks Invasion Earth 2150AD last night again actually.

Pedantic git aren't i.

the blob 9th March 2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 223179)

I only watched Dakeks Invasion Earth 2150AD last night again actually.

Pedantic git aren't i.

Who are the Dakeks then when they're about?

Even more of a pedantic git I am. :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th March 2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 223183)
Who are the Daleks then when they're about?

Even more of a pedantic git I am. :D

Don't know what you mean Blob. :happy:

:doh:

Daemonia 10th March 2012 01:40 PM

From Beyond the Grave for me. It's one I caught on BBC1 back around 1985 and I loved it and have ever since.

I was lucky enough to catch The Land That Time Forgot, At the Earth's Core and People That Time Forgot on the big screen upon their original release. Good times. Although I did start to form the idea that Doug McClure was in every film ever made. :lol:

Nordicdusk 10th March 2012 02:19 PM

I Monster for me just great film. Its very hard to pick from such a great list but that just sticks out for me.