Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree140Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2012, 11:51 PM
Cultist

the aforementioned scene from The Exorcist III, and the scene where Bob bites it in Halloween

I'll agree with those slating Murder Set Pieces as well... my impressionable younger self imported that, along with Nick Palumbo's other turd Nutbag, upon reading an interview with Dani Filth, who recommended it highly
Old 28th September 2012, 04:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I totally agree about MSP. And it scares me that i paid £14 to watch this pile of crap. Absolutely dreadful!
Old 28th September 2012, 11:17 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
When are you starting up the classic horror thread again Prince?
There's a pretty good chance that I'll use my old review thread as some kind of "medicine"... there are still quite a few old films in my vaults... let's wait and see...

Greetings!
Make Them Die Slowly and Rik like this.
Old 28th September 2012, 06:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
I totally agree about MSP. And it scares me that i paid £14 to watch this pile of crap. Absolutely dreadful!
I'm glad that a friend of mine ripped me a copy of his DVD, because if I'd paid for it then I would've had to seek out Nick Palumbo and shake a refund out of him!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th September 2012, 06:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMillennium View Post
the aforementioned scene from The Exorcist III, and the scene where Bob bites it in Halloween

I'll agree with those slating Murder Set Pieces as well... my impressionable younger self imported that, along with Nick Palumbo's other turd Nutbag, upon reading an interview with Dani Filth, who recommended it highly
Just watched Exorcist III for the first time last night, after hearing you guys talking about it (it's part of my Exorcist boxset and I refused to watch it originally because the second one ended up on my list of 'worst films I have ever seen in my life'), and I enjoyed it SOOO much, it really surprised me! Very creepy at times.
Old 28th September 2012, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Just watched Exorcist III for the first time last night, after hearing you guys talking about it (it's part of my Exorcist boxset and I refused to watch it originally because the second one ended up on my list of 'worst films I have ever seen in my life'), and I enjoyed it SOOO much, it really surprised me! Very creepy at times.
It's a fantastic film, I've only seen part 2 once(in the same boxset) and have no intention of repeating this, but number 3 is a great thriller with the misfortune of studio interference making Blatty add the exorcism scene at the end(read the book Legion to see what I mean). Plus it has Brad Dourif in it
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th September 2012, 07:07 PM
Cultist

massively underrated film, still one of my all-time greats
Rik and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 28th September 2012, 08:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has yet to see it, but I had a midnite screening of Kill List, last w/end and I was pretty creeped out in the final act, even though I didn't like the film so much...
Old 28th September 2012, 09:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It's a fantastic film, I've only seen part 2 once(in the same boxset) and have no intention of repeating this, but number 3 is a great thriller with the misfortune of studio interference making Blatty add the exorcism scene at the end(read the book Legion to see what I mean). Plus it has Brad Dourif in it
Brad dourif became one of my favourite character actors ever since I saw him play the crazy guy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but the best thing I remember watching him in was an episode of The X-Files.
Old 28th September 2012, 09:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

I remember this scene in Michael Winner's The Sentinel having quite an effect on me on seeing it for the first time as a youngster.The Sentinel influenced Lucio Fulci for The Beyond as well, I think.

VicDakin likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!