All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree140Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2012, 11:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Ringu and Ju On great atmosphere and some real scary bits too. Also The Eye original version of course Elevator Scene and Why are you in my chair scene.
Oh yes, the 'Why Are You In My Chair' scene..
Old 20th March 2012, 05:41 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Actually, that scene from Signs scared the bejeezus out of me first time I saw it too. The scene in the coal cellar where the alien's hand is disguised by the wrought iron freaked me out too.

As for the scariest scene in cinema for me? The already-mentioned scene from The Haunting terrifies me (the whole film does, in fact) and is probably my number one.

Have to give honorable mentions to Insidious (scene where the man is pacing outside the window and the Tiptoe Through The Tulips scene), the final scenes of The Blair Witch Project, the swimming pool scene in the original Cat People, and the blood-under-the-door scene in The Leopard Man.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk
Old 20th March 2012, 06:24 AM
Active Cultist

The first 3 that came to mind -

The last 5 minutes or so of Rec - that is the ultimate unspeakable creature in the attic.

Killer Bob slinking up Laura Palmers bed in Fire Walk With Me

Agree with Sarah, the final scene of The Blair Witch Project - the most scared I've ever been in a cinema. Must admit didn't have the same effect on DVD viewing.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 20th March 2012, 07:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

The 'reveal' in the Crying Game, scary as Hell

Seriously now, the bit in Pet Sematary where Zelda runs towards the screen, had me shitting myself when I first saw it twenty odd years ago and still unnerves me now
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th March 2012, 08:08 AM
Active Cultist

The Exorcist III - the nurse in the corridor.
antmumford and mr 420 like this.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I'm not just going to mock Kyle's choice though without throwing a scene in myself.

I would pick the bedroom door scene in the 1963 classic The Haunting.

Its impossible to show the clip and it have the same effect out of the entire films context though.

For those who don't know it, it just involves sound effects stark black and white photography, door handles moving, doors being creaked and the reactions of the two actresses (Julie Harris and Claire Bloom) in the room.
AAARSE! You got there first.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th March 2012, 11:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxxx1 View Post
The Exorcist III - the nurse in the corridor.
You beat me to it!

There hasn't been mcuh that has scared me in the cinema - that tends to be a home cinema thing. But, my cinema visit to see The Exorcist III was funny.

When the nurse checks the noises and finds it to be crackling ice in a glass, then the patient shocks her and the audience, I laughed at the audience for being so easily startled. When the figure comes out of the door brandishing the shears, i jumped like fook along with everyone else. We lost the next 5 minutes through laughing at what was a fun fearful experience.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Since i cant find any of the ones i want on youtube.....

the reveal in Tenebrae (EEEEEK)
the birth scene in The Brood.
Barlow in the jail also freaked me out as a bairn (so much so i didnt watch the second part til muuuch later)
And there is always this go from 4:00 in...

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th March 2012, 12:36 PM
Cult Addict

The scene in Halloween where Michael appears out of the shadows or the bit where Jaimie Lee is doing the dishes, looks out the window and sees Michael standing outside. Yet when she looks out again he's dissapeared. A film that can still spook me out.
Old 20th March 2012, 01:01 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
Agree with Sarah, the final scene of The Blair Witch Project - the most scared I've ever been in a cinema. Must admit didn't have the same effect on DVD viewing.
Funny, for me it was the opposite way round! Saw it in a crowded cinema the day after it was all revealed to be fake. No effect whatsoever. Saw it on video a few months later when I was staying with a friend who lived in a cottage in the middle of nowhere. Scared me half to death.

I just think the ending is so well done and so scary.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!