Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2009, 03:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

To date for me, Abominable,Legend Of Boggy Creek,The Abominable Snowman (Hammer), Creature From Black Lake & Snowbeast remain the most memorable.I'd recommend A Cold Nights Death too though it's not actually a yeti film as such.I live in hope that we'll one day have a first rate Yeti/Sasquatch movie with a cracking cast,decent budget,good effects & lots of atmosphere.
Old 24th January 2009, 07:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

All good films though I'm yet to see Abominable. I dunno if I'd rate Abominable Snowman as a classic though, it's good but is let down by poor pacing and a crap climax I feel.

Have you seen Shriek Of The Mutilated? If not do so at once, it'll blow your mind. It was done by the same person that did SNUFF . You can get it in the Retromedia Bigfoot Terror pack with another 2 Bigfoot classics - Capture Of Bigfoot and Legend Of Bigfoot.

Looks like a Shih Tzu I used to have .

Last edited by cloud; 24th January 2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 25th January 2009, 10:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Yes I've seen Shriek Of The Mutilated & it's as mad as a box of Frogs..It was a long time ago so if that Retromedia set looks fairly reasonable qualitywise I'll probably give it another go.The Night Of The Demon of its day without the tackle tearing !.
Old 25th January 2009, 11:07 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The OXCOM in Watchers (1988) I suppose is a type of bigfoot style creature.I know the film gets a bad rap but I quite like it (Heck it's got Corey Haim in it !) & have the Momentum dvd.I like how the creature tears out its victims eyes.Michael Ironside was suitably nasty in this one especially when he takes out the local sheriff.The imaginatively titled Watchers 2 with Marc Singer (I think) was okay.
Old 25th January 2009, 11:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Never seen Watchers III (Kudos to who thought up the title)with good old Wings Hauser or Watchers Reborn with Mark Hamill but I gather both are appalling.MInd you plenty don't like the first two.
Old 25th January 2009, 07:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The quality in the Retromedia set ain't great, they look like they were taken from VHS masters. It's around £5 so it's worth it for that and to be honest I'm just glad that someone is releasing this stuff. Have you seen the Ivan Marx documentary - Legend Of Bigfoot - and Bill Rebane's Capture Of Bigfoot? Capture seems to take a bit of stick but I really enjoyed it, it was a nice ride.

That Man Or Beast? documentary was very interesting. It was done when the Bigfoot boom was at its peak back in the mid-70s and it follows a team of Bigfoot enthusiasts going into the wilderness to find it. First it has that lovely '70s feel and that wholesome all American narration so straight away it gave me the feel good factor. It also goes to show just why Bigfoot has never been found. Whenever I talk to people about the existence of the Sasquatch the feedback I always get is "if they really do exist then surely someone would have found one by now". What they don't seem to understand is that it's a big world out there and there are some parts of it out in the wilderness that remains unexplored. If the Sasquatch does exist (and I'm open minded on this) then they're very deep in these forgotten areas where most people just can't access. I recommend it highly, Mark. Mine was a DVD-R but it has been uploaded onto YouTube if you wanna give it a go:

Part 1 of 11: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oXSfRICYXOo

Oh and the guy whose team attempted to find Bigfoot in that doc wrote a book about Bigfoot sightings and still actively researches it.
Old 25th January 2009, 07:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'll track them down at some point as I've always found Sasquatch & Yeti documentaries quite interesting.I also watched the Monster Hunters on satelite.I'll probably pick up Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World on Network dvd as me & my young daughter are interested in those sort of things.I loved it as a 12 year old and got the book for the following christmas.I'm also fascinated about Giant Squids especially now they've actually caught a 'biggie' on film.
Old 26th January 2009, 09:29 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hammer's AS is a classic....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th January 2009, 09:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Why's this been moved to "Horror" these Bigfoot movies are pure Exploitation!

Reaps, be sure to check out Giant Of The 20th Century, it knocks Night Of The Demon for six in the cheese department!
Old 25th June 2010, 07:40 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Bigfoot Films

Hello!

As you may, or probably don't, know, I'm a HUGE fan of all things paranormal and the Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti/Whatever has always fascinated me. I remember when Harry And The Hendersons would show on TV during the weekends I would be scared sh*tless. It was the stuff of my nightmares. It's not quite human appearance. It's ape like look (I hate gorillas, but that's another story). That noise it makes. The fact it lives in a woods not dissimilar to the ones near my house (that's another story too!). And it had a whole family!

Im ashamed to admit this but it clearly had an effect of me as a kid - Bigfoot still gives me the willies (obviously not as much as it used to That would be silly.)

So, what are the best Bigfoot films out there? (No prizes for the one Reaper'll suggest ). I've only seen Snowbeast which is a brilliant and VERY fun film. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT! And I plan on watching The Legend Of Bigfoot (Ivan Marx) tonight.

So what are your favs?

Bigfoot seems to be a very forgotten cinematic character. He's got SOOO much potential yet, from what I've heard, most of the films are terrible.

P.S. Anyone a believer?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poster.jpg (87.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg bigfoot+poster.jpg (15.7 KB, 2 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!