Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th July 2012, 05:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default gag's film finding mission

Last job i had was a if and when required and part time so my wage wasnt good so wasnt my spending on films either.
I now have a full time job but the pay is well what one would call crap but i have a bit more money to spend now on films. (not much more like )
Now here what i would like is im asking for help from you good people.
I want to clear out some of my films and replace them with uncut or better version,
Plus certain films i might have missing want to buy to finish of the set
And the same goes with directors etc.
Now every now and again i will mention certain films i would like and appreciate if was given which is a good decent version without breaking the bank because of my wage and allowance so want to keep cost low.
And say what version ive got and or they worth keeping or replacing im not to botherd about extra"s etc to be honest.
Or if anyone has certain films i want for sale them please let me know.
or point me in direction of some good sites.

Thank you reading and help would be appreciated.

Here the first lot of films id like to complete

David Cronenberg
------------------
GOT

Shivers
Rabid...prism
The Brood 2 disc featuring us and uk version...Anchor bay
Scanners...Anchor bay
Videodrome ...universal
Fly...20th century fox
Naked lunch...optimum
Crash...columbia tristar
eXistence...20 century fox
History of violence...entertainment video
Eastern promise...pathe
Fast company...2 disc with stereo and crimes of the near future...Blue underground

WANTS

The Dead Zone
Dead Ringers
M. Butterfly
Spider
A Dangerous Method
Cosmopolis
Short films Transfer
From the Drain
Camera
To Each His Own Cinema
Transfer
I'm Losing You..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 412T74PJWTL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (15.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 51RSD50YMWL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (15.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 41V2NABX85L__SL500_AA300_.jpg (15.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 51RMZ50PPXL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (19.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 4130RC1RR6L__SL500_AA300_.jpg (17.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 412K9H3VBEL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (11.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 41M54GS21WL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (13.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 51NjvJd467L__SL500_AA300_.jpg (21.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 51AN7X095SL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (20.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 512SJJQABBL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (16.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 51ua6GfhuML__SL500_AA300_.jpg (17.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 51MF3SG6DVL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (27.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 18th July 2012, 05:59 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Cronenberg's one of my favourite directors, so kudos on your obvious good taste, mate

Most of the ones you are after will more than likely be available on Amazon (or marketplace) - most should be pretty cheap, too.

Cosmopolis hasn't been released on DVD yet (October I think?), and just a heads up that the Universal release of Videodrome you have, will not be the full uncut version.

I think the Criterion version is the only fully uncut release available on DVD, but will be fairly pricey and Region 1/A locked (it's definitely worth the extra money though, imo). The short film 'Camera' is also available as an extra on the Criterion Videodrome release.
Old 18th July 2012, 06:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thanks
not so much as where to get them but are the version any good or as you pointed out with videodrome the best uncut version.
Old 18th July 2012, 06:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Dead Ringers is a weird one. First of all, stay well clear of the UK release. Now, the R1 Warner DVD had a lovely print but it's slightly cropped. I don't actually have a copy at the moment because I sold the Criterion when that was announced to my annoyance. The Criterion is non anamorphic but it's in the proper ratio. Only thing is that it's been OOP for years and still can go for a lot. I think it also got bootlegged as well so be careful if you hunt for that one.

Dead Zone, again stay well away from the newer UK one. If you can find the old Sanctuary UK DVD then get that, otherwise the R1 which is what I have now. Just looked at Amazon and the Sanctuary is fairly cheap but again, be careful as the covers are almost the same so might be best to double. Heck with the seller first.
Old 18th July 2012, 07:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thanks also i dont have any Django films any suggestion on these i been meaning to look into these and buy some and how many is there ive heard alsorts about these and loads of follow on and that some are mearly just cashing in on the franchise than true sequels,
Old 18th July 2012, 11:53 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I've got the R1 Warner release of Dead Ringers and I think it looks just fine. Not sure I'd spot the cropping even if I knew it was there. It's anamorphic and looks good to me.

I'd actually sell you mine for a fiver all in, if you're interested. As with all my DVDs, it's immaculate and like new. Just ask anyone who's had anything off me (Pete even wondered if I'd ever watched them at all ). Anyway, the offer's there.
Pete and Demoncrat like this.
Old 19th July 2012, 06:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yes ill have ill get back in touch with you over weekend and get your pp and pay you early next week if that ok.
Old 19th July 2012, 06:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Thanks also i dont have any Django films any suggestion on these i been meaning to look into these and buy some and how many is there ive heard alsorts about these and loads of follow on and that some are mearly just cashing in on the franchise than true sequels,
I have the Django Argent Release thats fully uncut, on dvd the pic quality is brilliant. Havent checked out the R1 BU blu ray edition yet but you can get that from Amazon for £9 on dvd or the blu is £17.29.

To get a few of the cash ins Mill Creek have a 44 spah western film set with a few Django cash ins and Sartana cash ins. I got it from Amazon for 12 at the time
Old 19th July 2012, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

THanks tbh ive never heard of mills creek r they any good could have some info please thanks .
Old 19th July 2012, 09:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Dead Zone, again stay well away from the newer UK one.
Can I just echo this? I have the Prism Leisure release and it's not even that it is non-anamorphic that is the issue, the picture quality is just awful, lacking in detail and with colours and flesh tones even more muted and dull than Cronenberg intended. Terrible quality DVD. Don't even bother if you see it for £1 in a charity shop.

Like this? Share it using the links below!