Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th July 2017, 04:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Now I've got some shelf \units for some of my films I want to sort them out .
Now and again I'll post some films pics and titles .
Any info and help be appreciated
What I would like to know (researching all your films would take to long )
And its always better to get info of people who know
some films I might not be aware their are sequels or TV shows of the film,
Is the film uncut or not or better versions out there ,
Are other films by the directors worth getting, ill ask that Q? Because we all know if it Argento or cronenberg then answer yes
Just info on the films in general please so I can complete the films
Some directors companies etc I'm trying to get all of , Cronenberg being one of my favs .
Thanks any info and help would be rather appreciated

Some bits and bits I might be aware of others I might not but all info is appreciated .

Its almost 6am and I'm here sorting these out this is how bad my sleeping pattern is .

First batch are what just lying around on the floor

Also I haven't googled directors on these so any info if films are worth or not

I know class of 1984 got sequels but how many ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170708_055418.jpg (93.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 8th July 2017, 05:27 AM
Cult Addict

Class of 1984 has a vague sequel( i don’t think anyone returns)called Class of 1999 but it is more sic-fi because it has a cyborg teachers,it’s by the same director as the original though. Seems theres also Class of 1999 2 - the substitute by a different director.

City of lost children i think is great and prefer it over the pairs earlier Delicatessen (which is also good) think the directors were connected to Alien resurrection and Amelie but i lost track of them after that.

Dust devil is great too, there are various versions of this. The director also made Hardware which i really like too, although i don’t think he has made any other films after he was fired from the Island of Dr Moreau film with Marlon Brando ( which is a bit shit but entertaining.)

Watchmen Has a longer cut on an american set which i think also incorporates the Tales of The Black Freighter comic (that runs alongside the main story in the Graphic novel) into the film. This comic is available on a uk separate disc.

Dune has a different cut on an american disc that include a introduction that mainly consists of Illustrations and back story to make the story easier to understand for T.V ,i think. ( although i prefer the original film and never had a problem with the story as it was.)
Dune is also fabled to have an original 3 hr version that id Lynch’s original cut but i don’t think this is available anywhere.

Is that the kind of info you're after Gag?
gag likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 8th July 2017, 06:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Class of 1984 has a vague sequel( i don’t think anyone returns)called Class of 1999 but it is more sic-fi because it has a cyborg teachers,it’s by the same director as the original though. Seems theres also Class of 1999 2 - the substitute by a different director.

City of lost children i think is great and prefer it over the pairs earlier Delicatessen (which is also good) think the directors were connected to Alien resurrection and Amelie but i lost track of them after that.

Dust devil is great too, there are various versions of this. The director also made Hardware which i really like too, although i don’t think he has made any other films after he was fired from the Island of Dr Moreau film with Marlon Brando ( which is a bit shit but entertaining.)

Watchmen Has a longer cut on an american set which i think also incorporates the Tales of The Black Freighter comic (that runs alongside the main story in the Graphic novel) into the film. This comic is available on a uk separate disc.

Dune has a different cut on an american disc that include a introduction that mainly consists of Illustrations and back story to make the story easier to understand for T.V ,i think. ( although i prefer the original film and never had a problem with the story as it was.)
Dune is also fabled to have an original 3 hr version that id Lynch’s original cut but i don’t think this is available anywhere.

Is that the kind of info you're after Gag?
Yes that's exactly the info I'm after cheers much appreciated ,any info better than no info , its so I can complete certain ones eg if there where sequels and TV series then I'll try find them , thank you .
Old 8th July 2017, 07:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I remember the last thing i saw from director Richard Stanley was the 'Mother of Toads' segment from the anthology The Theatre Bizarre which starred Catriona MacColl.
gag likes this.
Old 8th July 2017, 07:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've also got frank Hebert's TV series as well

And I prefer this cover of Dust Devil than my version
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dust-Devil-poster.jpg (16.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 4187RDK6KHL.jpg (29.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 25th July 2017, 10:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Studio Canal put out a better COLChildren ... proper ratio, comm on dvd.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th July 2017, 10:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As to Brasseye. Where do I start? Chris Morris and Armando Iannucci have together and separately created some of the cruellest (& funniest imho) satire in years. See also The Day Today, Four Lions, Nathan Barley, On The Hour (radio) ... sadly all you can get legally of the DERANGED Blue Jam is an ok cd from Warp ... though R4Xtra do repeat it from time to time.
bleakshaun likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!