Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2012, 07:11 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Your favorite DVD cover?

There are alot of great dvd covers out there, look at the art from Arrow for an example, but I was wondering wich DVD cover is your favorite?

My personal favorite is from the movie Superstition (1982). I just love the art on this on, but didn't really like the movie though.

Old 6th August 2012, 07:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

How many copies do you own . . . !
dis likes this.
Old 6th August 2012, 07:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
How many copies do you own . . . !
This is not a picture i took, i just found it somewhere on Google. Wish i would have owned so many copies.
Old 6th August 2012, 07:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah I was kidding... though I wouldn't put it past some folk on here . . .
Daemonia, Pete, Rik and 3 others like this.
Old 6th August 2012, 11:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakki View Post

My personal favorite is from the movie Superstition (1982). I just love the art on this on, but didn't really like the movie though.
What's not to like about Superstition? I think it's an excellent little horror flick.What edition of the movie is that in your picture? It's not the UK Momentum DVD or the US Anchor Bay disc.As for my favourite DVD covers, some of the recent DVDs/BDs with front cover artwork by Graham Humphreys have been fantastic, e.g. Combat Shock, Slaughter High, Witchfinder General, Blood On Satan's Claw, Basket Case trilogy (not yet released), etc.
Beyond72 likes this.
Old 7th August 2012, 01:01 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Favourite DVD cover? Well, to be honest, I don't really pay much attention to the covers, I'm all about the film that's on the disc.

I'm not knocking those that are big on artwork, I just ain't one of them. I'd be hard pushed to even tell you what's on the covers of half my films, as all I ever see is the spine most the time.

But I do quite like the Return of the Living Dead steelbook. I think that looks cool.
Old 7th August 2012, 01:45 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Favourite DVD cover? Well, to be honest, I don't really pay much attention to the covers, I'm all about the film that's on the disc.

I'm not knocking those that are big on artwork, I just ain't one of them. I'd be hard pushed to even tell you what's on the covers of half my films, as all I ever see is the spine most the time.

But I do quite like the Return of the Living Dead steelbook. I think that looks cool.
I sometimes buy movies just because of their cover. I dont know why but it's just some sort of artwork. When it's really nice and you can see there's gone alot of work into the cover it makes me want to buy it easier than when it's a really ****ed up cover. A cover which has no appeal whats so ever I wouldnt buy because its likely there hasn't gone alot of effort into the dvd making and the cover making.
Old 7th August 2012, 07:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakki View Post
I sometimes buy movies just because of their cover.
Never done that

Some of mine!!!

Pete likes this.
Old 7th August 2012, 02:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The American anchorbay region one dvd of nightmare city. Always liked that cover. Kinda dawn of the deadish.
Old 7th August 2012, 04:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm not sure what my favourite artwork is something I have to think about..
But I do think artwork can play a important part I mean after all when you was a younger in the video shop sometimes it was the artwork that grabbed your attention to read the film to see if you fancied watching it if you couldn't decide what film to get.
Kakki likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!