Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree200Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2008, 11:11 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
How did the obsession begin for you?
Well, I was working in the lab late one night.......
Old 15th December 2008, 11:46 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Well, I was working in the lab late one night.......
Was it Made in Hong Kong?
Old 16th December 2008, 12:07 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

No but I did the Mash (it was the Monster Mash).
Old 17th December 2008, 12:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I grew up on horror so I couldn't pinpoint when my obsession began. In fact I can't remember ever being scared of a horror film... Spooky!
Old 17th December 2008, 04:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

A late night viewing of the beast with five fingers when i was 4.That was it...the rest as they say,is history.
First video viewings were a double bill of carrie and zombie flesh eaters when i was 10.When we got our own video(rented for years from der)the first movie i rented from their video at home catalogue was zombies: dawn of the dead on the intervision label. The look on my mums face when we all sat down to watch it was priceless. Of course,after watching the trailers at the beginning i had to seek out shivers,night of the living dead and rabid.
I was lucky in the respect that my parents were(up to a point)pretty easy going about my viewing habits,probably thought it was a phase i'd grow out of.How wrong could they be.eh!!
Old 17th December 2008, 07:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

BWFF now,there's a movie which needs a DVD release mate....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th December 2008, 09:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Tell me about it! Had it taped off the tv years back.Quite laughable now,but that disembodied hand has stayed with me through the years.Damn scary as a nipper.
Old 10th January 2009, 02:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Obviously my Mom was out cause one night my Dad let me watch JAWS and that was it ever since.
Old 10th January 2009, 11:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
BWFF now,there's a movie which needs a DVD release mate....
I gather Warner have a planned r1 release of The Beast With 5 Fingers.I thought it was actually supposed to come out late last year.I have their previous Masters Of Horror collection including Devil Doll,Dr X & the restored Mask Of Fu Manchu.
Old 10th January 2009, 02:07 PM
Ex-member

my brother got a betamax vcr when i was about 6 (1981),the 1st film i watched was "American werewolf in London" and loved it about 6 months later my dad rented a Vhs vcr at the same time BBC 2 had double bills of hammer movies on every Friday night so i started to tape them,my mum let me go to the video shop every day i knew every 1 who worked in there,id go to the shops for them,put the cards back in the boxes,i got all the best posters,didnt need a adult to rent me movies they knew i was allowed to watch any film i wanted to,no waiting on the list for a new release I remember i rlly wanted to see "Demons" and "House" but there was a 3 week waiting list but that was np as soon as i said i wanted to see them they would phone up the next person on the list and say the person didnt bring it back sorry you will have to wait till 2mr i also had a Saturday job when i was young (was only 9 and had to pretend i was 14)i did a milk round and with the £7 i got i would go to the video shop and buy any horror film i could.The VRA come out so they were selling all there nasties i bought loads

Like this? Share it using the links below!