Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2012, 12:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
Slither with Michael rooker is brilliant.Brain damage has some funny moments in it.
I'm a big fan of both of those.
Old 10th August 2012, 01:37 PM
Ex-member

SLITHER
SHAUN OF THE DEAD
BRAINDEAD
BRAIN DAMAGE
BAD TASTE
are among my fave comedy horrors
Old 10th August 2012, 01:40 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Freaked is awesome!

i have read about this film directed by Alex Winter
and Fangoria gave it a good review
i presume you have the UK dvd - its uncut/fullscreen
the US dvd is PG-13 and the uncut scenes are in the extras
Old 10th August 2012, 02:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
i have read about this film directed by Alex Winter
and Fangoria gave it a good review
i presume you have the UK dvd - its uncut/fullscreen
the US dvd is PG-13 and the uncut scenes are in the extras
You presume wrong - I own the extras packed 2 disc R1 set with the full length 'Rehersal Version' of the film on disc 2 . . .
Old 10th August 2012, 04:28 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
You presume wrong - I own the extras packed 2 disc R1 set with the full length 'Rehersal Version' of the film on disc 2 . . .
according to dvdcompare the film is the theatrical and in Fangoria some time ago it states about the uncut scenes as extra
nothing was mentioned about 'rehearsal version' in mag
uk dvd is longer international - rehearsal version?
Old 10th August 2012, 06:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
according to dvdcompare the film is the theatrical and in Fangoria some time ago it states about the uncut scenes as extra
nothing was mentioned about 'rehearsal version' in mag
uk dvd is longer international - rehearsal version?
Yeah. Here's what you get...

The first disc will contain the following extras: Audio commentary by Winter and Stern, A conversation with co-writer Tim Burns, Deleted scenes, Hijinx in Freekland, a collection of behind-the-scenes footage, Freaked art gallery, Theatrical trailer, DVD-ROM original screenplay

The second disc will include:

• Freaked: The Reehersel Version, a full-length cast rehearsal of the film, including Keanu Reeves sans Dog Boy makeup, with scenes and dialogue that never made it into the final film.

• There Are No Weirdos Here, early script readings of selected scenes, featuring actors Winter, Megan Ward, Michael Stoyanov, Derek McGrath, Lee Arenberg and John Hawkes.

• It’s the Troll, terrifying footage of young actor Alex Zuckerman developing the character of Stuey Gluck.

• Under Construkshen, behind-the-scenes video showing the creation of the Freak Land set.

• Behold…The Beast Boy, footage of Winter’s makeup transformation into a hideous mutant freak.

• Two short films by Winter and Stern, SQUEAL OF DEATH and THE NYU SIGHT AND SOUND PROJECT.

The set will also come with a "freakish" booklet containing liner notes and photos.

The UK disc is barebones so it was a no-brainer and yes, the scenes that are cut into the international release make up the deleted scenes here . . .
Old 10th August 2012, 06:10 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Yeah. Here's what you get...

The first disc will contain the following extras: Audio commentary by Winter and Stern, A conversation with co-writer Tim Burns, Deleted scenes, Hijinx in Freekland, a collection of behind-the-scenes footage, Freaked art gallery, Theatrical trailer, DVD-ROM original screenplay

The second disc will include:

• Freaked: The Reehersel Version, a full-length cast rehearsal of the film, including Keanu Reeves sans Dog Boy makeup, with scenes and dialogue that never made it into the final film.

• There Are No Weirdos Here, early script readings of selected scenes, featuring actors Winter, Megan Ward, Michael Stoyanov, Derek McGrath, Lee Arenberg and John Hawkes.

• It’s the Troll, terrifying footage of young actor Alex Zuckerman developing the character of Stuey Gluck.

• Under Construkshen, behind-the-scenes video showing the creation of the Freak Land set.

• Behold…The Beast Boy, footage of Winter’s makeup transformation into a hideous mutant freak.

• Two short films by Winter and Stern, SQUEAL OF DEATH and THE NYU SIGHT AND SOUND PROJECT.

The set will also come with a "freakish" booklet containing liner notes and photos.

The UK disc is barebones so it was a no-brainer . . .

Yeah I read the review of the film on cineoutsider.com
some time ago
the theatrical one on disc 1 is cut

the rehearsal version is of course a different one altogether!
the uk is the uncut so it states elsewhere
so many versions and reviews..................
Old 13th August 2012, 01:14 PM
Cult Rookie

I bought this one on impulse, not knowing what it was but liking the description. It's a great movie!

Like this? Share it using the links below!