Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th August 2012, 04:36 PM
Cult Rookie

Default comedy horror monsters/creatures

why is it that there are no new funny horror film creatures or monsters. everyone knows Gremlins 1 and 2, also there was critters , hob goblins , child's play/Chucky films, the leprechauns and many more. Agreed not all of these films and films of this type were great or even ok but it i miss the silly and funny side to monsters these days its all vampires or zombies when will someone release another moive like these and if you have any suggestions on any movies that may fall within this category i will be happy to check them out
Old 8th August 2012, 05:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Freaked is awesome!

Rik likes this.
Old 8th August 2012, 05:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The first tremors movie is a great horror/comedy. Slither with Michael rooker is brilliant. The house movies are pretty funny,intentionally or otherwise. Brain damage has some funny moments in it.
Old 9th August 2012, 10:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
The first tremors movie is a great horror/comedy. Slither with Michael rooker is brilliant. The house movies are pretty funny,intentionally or otherwise. Brain damage has some funny moments in it.
Ah, you beat me to it, Elmer is quite creepy but still funny

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th August 2012, 11:00 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Ah, you beat me to it, Elmer is quite creepy but still funny
Best blow job scene in a film ever.

If you actually stop to consider what most horror films are about, they're all funny and ridiculous really. That's why I like the genre, it's pure escapism.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 9th August 2012, 11:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Best blow job scene in a film ever.

If you actually stop to consider what most horror films are about, they're all funny and ridiculous really. That's why I like the genre, it's pure escapism.
Ssssssssshhh!! You'll blow our cover.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th August 2012, 11:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
Slither with Michael rooker is brilliant.

Night of the Creeps with Tom Atkins is even better.
Slippery Jack likes this.
Old 9th August 2012, 01:57 PM
Cult Rookie

I haven't seen freaked so I'll check it out nice one. as for some of the other suggestions I've already seen or own them. I just don't see why no-one seems to be making this type of horror movies any more unless you count the scary movie films but they are more about taking other serious horrors and poking fun at them. Don't film makers realise how much fun people got from the gremlins moives they are moives that kid can watch and laugh at as well as scream.
Old 9th August 2012, 02:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yup it's a definite gap in the market. Suppose it's down to the laziness of sticking to what works - Paranormal Activity films and classic remakes still seem to be the trend. Maybe they'll get round to a Gremlins remake and kick off a new run of comedy-horror monster movies . . .
Beyond72 and Boardy like this.
Old 10th August 2012, 09:49 AM
Cult Rookie

I hope they don't remake it to be honest it'll just get remake it into something that more about screams then laughs which is not what it was made for in the first place. But as the market I guess your right its too easy to make love stories about the undead for teenage girls rather than think of something new or original
lets just pray there's a good script writer reading through theses forums who will take some of the fans ideas and run with them to create a new classic.

Like this? Share it using the links below!