Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2012, 01:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I don't think it's his best film, but I do like it very much. Can't understand why people are so against it. If people realised what a hard time RZ had making it, they might appreciate it more. Universal initially bankrolled the project, but when the execs saw snippets of it, they deemed it too nasty for their tastes and abandoned it altogether. The film sat around gathering dust until Lionsgate finally picked it up. It made a healthy profit at the box office and this was really the point when the major studios sat up and took notice that audiences wanted their horror hard and gory. So, in many ways, it was partly responsible for initiating the new wave of extreme horror at the box office. I like it, anyway, I think it's an interesting and unusual horror film.
I watched it again last week or the week before, can't remember, I thinks a great film, as is the Devil's Rejects, it's got plenty of gore, Bill Moseley, the delightful Sherri Moon-Zombie and Sid Haig, what's not to like?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th August 2012, 01:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I watched it again last week or the week before, can't remember, I thinks a great film, as is the Devil's Rejects, it's got plenty of gore, Bill Moseley, the delightful Sherri Moon-Zombie and Sid Haig, what's not to like?
Totally agree, Corpses and Rejects are both great films that i watch regularly.

I also like Halloween, but think H2 is terrible.
VicDakin likes this.
Old 27th August 2012, 01:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Totally agree, Corpses and Rejects are both great films that i watch regularly.

I also like Halloween, but think H2 is terrible.
I watched Halloween recently with the RZ commentary, really informative about how he created his vision, I also watched H2 the other day, it was the longer cut of the film which has a different ending to the theatrical and more scenes of an unmasked Michael(who bares a striking resemblance to the director himself, long hair and beard et al), yeah its not great but I don't mind it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th August 2012, 11:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Can't understand why people are so against it.
People say it's a TCM etc rip off, yet (to me at least) it's clearly a homage to the genre he loves and he even acknowledges the influence of many of the films people accused him of ripping off, in interviews about H1KC.
Old 29th August 2012, 11:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
more scenes of an unmasked Michael(who bares a striking resemblance to the director himself, long hair and beard et al), yeah its not great but I don't mind it
I swear that comes from him being obsessed with Charles Manson, look at Otis in his first 2 movies as well. He should just do a biopic already!
Old 29th August 2012, 12:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, I guess your right there.
Old 29th August 2012, 01:05 PM
Active Cultist

There's a film called Mr Halloween that I've always wanted to see.

My favourite halloween film is Halloween Tree. Not really a proper horror film, but at least a children's version. It's just one of those films I remember from back when I was younger. I always loved that part when the hands reach out to grab the children nearer the end. The style of animation I love in that film. Plus it's narrated by Ray Bradbury who has a great voice.
Old 30th August 2012, 07:09 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
- but I'm probably the only person in the world who loves it and thinks it's his best film.

I also think it's his best. I don't care much for any of his others.
Old 30th August 2012, 07:11 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Not a Halloween film per se, but I often watch Sleepy Hollow over the Halloween period. It has a terrific Halloweeny vibe to it.
wonderlust likes this.
Old 30th August 2012, 10:13 PM
Cultist

This Halloween, like every other, I shall be watching Halloween 3. Which alongside the Shining is my favourite horror movie and the best of the series.

As an off the wall suggestion for someone looking for something to watch. The TV Show Quantum Leap had arguably its best episode as a Halloween special. It was very creepy and certainly worth a watch even if you never watched the show.

"Quantum Leap" The Boogieman - October 31, 1964 (TV episode 1990) - IMDb

Like this? Share it using the links below!