All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree259Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2012, 11:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Thats why i always use them, they do look after you in that way, and offer you the refund and allow you to keep the item if you aren't happy with it.

I am honest with them all the time. I don't just get in touch and say every other disc is faulty for a refund and a freebie. I'm sure they'd catch on pretty quick.
Yeah, their service and prices are spot in a far as I'm concerned. They only annoy me when I am trying to sell something and they undercut the price.
Old 19th October 2012, 06:41 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yeah, their service and prices are spot in a far as I'm concerned. They only annoy me when I am trying to sell something and they undercut the price.
keep an eye on rare items. If someone lists a grotty disc only acceptable copy of something ZOVERSTOCKS will automatically undercut it anyway as they never check the listings, they just use the function that automatically undercuts to make them the cheapest. I got a knackered copy of a fairly rare/expensive amytiville movie (dollhouse) I listed it dirt cheap and zoverstocks undercut me so I bought theirs! it went from about £12 down to £3.
Old 19th October 2012, 07:01 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
keep an eye on rare items. If someone lists a grotty disc only acceptable copy of something ZOVERSTOCKS will automatically undercut it anyway as they never check the listings, they just use the function that automatically undercuts to make them the cheapest. I got a knackered copy of a fairly rare/expensive amytiville movie (dollhouse) I listed it dirt cheap and zoverstocks undercut me so I bought theirs! it went from about £12 down to £3.
You don't even have to actually own the disc for that to work...ahem...
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th October 2012, 05:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
You don't even have to actually own the disc for that to work...ahem...
nice!
Old 19th October 2012, 05:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I would not suggest fleecing them for a second, but if their going to list every item as very good condition then as a consumer, if the item falls short of that, you have every right to complain. Zoverstocks could save themselves some grief by actually checking the products and grading them accordingly.
I get hundreds of items from them and i think i've only complained around four times.

You should see the condition of discs Blockbuster try and say are pre-owned round here.
Old 19th October 2012, 05:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
nice!
Anyone selling something for under £200 could probably undercut you though.

Old 20th October 2012, 12:04 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I get hundreds of items from them and i think i've only complained around four times.

You should see the condition of discs Blockbuster try and say are pre-owned round here.
Generally a lot of Blocky's discs have been previously owned by morons who think putting the disc back in the case is an optional extra. I remember one bloke kicking up a fuss because I wouldent accept his discs, they were greasy and stunk of tobacco, he mumbled about selling them on ebay and walked out, I pity the poor b*****d who ended up buying them.

Nah i've had plenty of good discs of ZOVERSTOCKS and one or two really quite bad condition ones, they don't seem to check them and just stick them out as very good regardless, come into my blockbusters and i'll at least show you the disc and give you right of refusal.

Personally when I stick stuff on amazon I usually don't care about undercutting, i'm fine waiting until the others sell, or alternatively with the silly-priced items, their from my own collection and I dont really want to part with them, so I stick on a whopping great price tag, if it sells great, i it dosent no loss. I'm actually not keen at all to part with any of my code red discs.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 25th October 2012, 06:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Event Horizon (1997)

Event Horizon (1997),a film I enjoy mainly due to a good cast working with a script and dialogue that makes Glee look like Hamlet,Paul W.S. Anderson or Mr Jovovich films is like having colonic irrigation with battery acid but damn it I keep watching his films.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 25th October 2012, 07:03 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Event Horizon (1997)
I've got the limited edition shaped version of this

Apparently it is supposed to represent the spaceship

Buggered if I can see it tho!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg event horizon.jpg (51.2 KB, 3 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th October 2012, 07:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Event Horizon (1997),a film I enjoy mainly due to a good cast working with a script and dialogue that makes Glee look like Hamlet,Paul W.S. Anderson or Mr Jovovich films is like having colonic irrigation with battery acid but damn it I keep watching his films.
It's definitely in good company with the like of Forbidden World and the like, but it's not a bad time-waster at all... Event Horizon is great title I think. Is this Paul W.S. Anderson's masterpiece ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!