Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree259Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2012, 05:48 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
What does everyone think of Tony: London Serial Killer ? I saw this on a dead-of-night screening on the Horror Channel - hardly promising, but it turned out to be a really great sleeper. Recommended...
I thought it was quite good, it unnerved me a little because he comes across like a few of the customers at work, same taste in films and everything!
Old 1st October 2012, 12:01 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
What does everyone think of Tony: London Serial Killer ? I saw this on a dead-of-night screening on the Horror Channel - hardly promising, but it turned out to be a really great sleeper. Recommended...
Ooh yeah love that film. Really gets behind why he is a serial killer. Plus at one point the guys are seen drinking Tennent's Super.
Daemonia likes this.
Old 1st October 2012, 01:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I like the "Day of the Dead" remake. It's mindless fun.
Ha same here. While I detest the Dawn remake, the Day remake is just too lame for me to hate and it almost plays like a homage to 80's Italian cheese for me at times.
Old 6th October 2012, 11:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default thx11 38

On the subject of Lucas tampering,I actually liked what he did with THX 1138,so that must put me in a minority of one now
Wes likes this.
Old 17th October 2012, 07:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default ninth hole

A film i've re-watched recently is Polanski's The Ninth Gate,not a film ive seen alot of luv for,but one which I found myself liking,not saying its Polanski's finest hour,thats a whole different discussion but I find it very watchable.
Old 17th October 2012, 07:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
On the subject of Lucas tampering,I actually liked what he did with THX 1138,so that must put me in a minority of one now
I thought the revisions for THX 1138 were respectful Vic, in keeping with the spirit of the film, unlike Star Wars which were ridicolous (even for Star Wars!). But y'know what George Lucas doesn't give a f*ck what anyone thinks. He owns these films, he can do what he wants with 'em. There's way too much crying over these films...
Old 17th October 2012, 07:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I thought the revisions for THX 1138 were respectful Vic, in keeping with the spirit of the film.
...apart from those damn dirty CG apes . . .
Old 17th October 2012, 07:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
...apart from those damn dirty CG apes . . .
I need to watch that DVD again it seems !
Old 17th October 2012, 07:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I thought the revisions for THX 1138 were respectful Vic, in keeping with the spirit of the film, unlike Star Wars which were ridicolous (even for Star Wars!). But y'know what George Lucas doesn't give a f*ck what anyone thinks. He owns these films, he can do what he wants with 'em. There's way too much crying over these films...
well ill probably get crucified for this,but I have no real great luv for Star Wars, im not bothered if Mr Lucas has wiped his backside with the negatives to be honest,but I do understand alot of people have had there childhood memories pissed on with his tinkering.
Old 17th October 2012, 07:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
well ill probably get crucified for this,but I have no real great luv for Star Wars, im not bothered if Mr Lucas has wiped his backside with the negatives to be honest,but I do understand alot of people have had there childhood memories pissed on with his tinkering.
Yep, same here... I mean I like the original Star Wars, but I feel far more put out by David Lynch cutting that spectacular exploding head shot from Wild At Heart...
VicDakin likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!