Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree226Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2012, 08:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Many thanks Rik, inside every blogger there's a small impatient child screaming "Read my stuff, read my stuff" ad nauseam...
Old 11th October 2012, 09:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Marc, if you're interested I reviewed all 39 Video Nasties on my blog - link below will take you to an index of titles reviewed... all reviews feature the original VHS sleeves as well, an essential part of the Nasties romance...

The Video Nasties

(Apologies for acting like a two-dollar whore and dropping links to my blog around the Lab )
Quite the opposite actually. I'm glad you put the link as I'm really interested in someone else's opinion on them.

I'd like to write a blog, but it might be too much for people here to handle. Not unless you'd want to read something on the lines of this:

"Started work at the shop at six this morning. Attempt to chat up customer I fancy then wallow in self-pity as I fail to ask her out as usual.

Finish work at three, and unwind with a cold beer whilst watching Harold and Kumar Get the Munchies" .
Old 11th October 2012, 09:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

You should do it...it takes 5mins to set up ! Blogging is hard work though and I've been lax of late keeping my one updated. I like to put good stuff on it, so it's hard to sit down and find the time...
Old 11th October 2012, 10:33 AM
Cult Acolyte

Like a few on here, I much prefer older horror flicks to new ones.In fact, I can't recall when I last bought a new film on DVD/BD, it's been all oldies.There's just something about old films, the actors, the music, the atmosphere and, yes, even the old school FX work.I get laughed at by my kids for liking the - according to them - dodgy stop-motion FX of Ray Harryhausen.
Wes, dis and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 11th October 2012, 10:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Like a few on here, I much prefer older horror flicks to new ones.In fact, I can't recall when I last bought a new film on DVD/BD, it's been all oldies.There's just something about old films, the actors, the music, the atmosphere and, yes, even the old-school FX work.I get laughed at by my kids for liking the - according to them - dodgy stop-motion FX of Ray Harryhausen.
Everything i watch in old films i get criticised by my son and wife oh you watch some rubbish etc etc
should have heard my son this morning when i was watching tourist trap.
Daemonia and Demoncrat like this.
Old 11th October 2012, 10:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
I get laughed at by my kids for liking the - according to them - dodgy stop-motion FX of Ray Harryhausen.
My 8 year old son is the complete opposite, he loves all the Ray Harryhausen stuff and always complains if a film we watch has too much CGI in it, I suppose having a film nerd for a dad is partly responsible for this and that is no bad thing!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th October 2012, 10:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Like a few on here, I much prefer older horror flicks to new ones....
Yeah, me too, so much so I barely recognize most of the flicks mentioned on the What Have You Seen Recently thread...
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yeah, me too, so much so I barely recognize most of the flicks mentioned on the What Have You Seen Recently thread...
I know how you feel.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
My 8 year old son is the complete opposite, he loves all the Ray Harryhausen stuff and always complains if a film we watch has too much CGI in it, I suppose having a film nerd for a dad is partly responsible for this and that is no bad thing!
Yeah, I try to explain to my kids that the dinosaur in The Valley of Gwangi was designed, sculpted, made into a fully movable rubber model, animated frame-by-frame and then superimposed onto the screen to correspond with the live actors movements.They laugh, and say it looks like a wobbly plasticine model.No respect for the classics.
Rik and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 11th October 2012, 01:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Yeah, I try to explain to my kids that the dinosaur in The Valley of Gwangi was designed, sculpted, made into a fully movable rubber model, animated frame-by-frame and then superimposed onto the screen to correspond with the live actors movements.They laugh, and say it looks like a wobbly plasticine model.No respect for the classics.
It all started when I showed him the original Clash of the Titans and explained that all the monsters were animated and then when we watched the remake(which we both enjoyed BTW) and he said the original was far better because of the lack of CGI, that's my boy, I'll have him watching all the old Universals soon enough.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!