Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree226Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2018, 06:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched FOD at mates years ago. Pass. Never really cared for the mondo me

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th May 2018, 06:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Are all 4 Faces of Death movie available? I got the 1st one about 12 years ago from HMV and lost it, downloaded them from net but were a bit crap.
As far as I'm aware they are , but isn't there six of them ?
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 25th May 2018, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
As far as I'm aware they are , but isn't there six of them ?
Didn't realise there was six of them, thanks gag
Old 25th May 2018, 07:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Didn't realise there was six of them, thanks gag
I've googled it to check hope this helps

Sounds like I'm half right there is VII but V and VI are previous footage of the first 4

A number of sequels were made. Faces of Death II, III, and IV, as well as Faces of Death: Fact or Fiction? (a "documentary" on the making of the series) were written and at least partially directed by John Alan Schwartz. Faces of Death V and VI were released in the mid-90s, and are compilations made up entirely of highlights from the first four movies, with no new footage at all, released in some countries where the original movies were banned. The first three featured Carr as "Dr. Gröss", although The Worst of Faces of Death (released between installments III and IV and consisting of highlights from the first three installments) instead featured Schwartz's brother, James Schwartz, as "Dr. Louis Flellis". Flellis explains that he accidentally killed "Dr. Gröss" while operating on him the prior week. However, in Faces of Death IV, Flellis explains the absence of Dr. Gröss by stating that he had killed himself, having been driven insane as a result of witnessing so much death.

Also released with the title Faces of Death VII, was a condensed version of Anton LaVey's 1989 film Death Scenes; and another assemblage of stock footage titled Faces of Death part 7 was released as an online file sometime during the late 1990s

In 1993, copycat film Traces of Death was released. This movie contained significantly more real footage of actual deaths, including footage of the televised suicide of R. Budd Dwyer.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 25th May 2018, 08:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I've googled it to check hope this helps

Sounds like I'm half right there is VII but V and VI are previous footage of the first 4

A number of sequels were made. Faces of Death II, III, and IV, as well as Faces of Death: Fact or Fiction? (a "documentary" on the making of the series) were written and at least partially directed by John Alan Schwartz. Faces of Death V and VI were released in the mid-90s, and are compilations made up entirely of highlights from the first four movies, with no new footage at all, released in some countries where the original movies were banned. The first three featured Carr as "Dr. Gröss", although The Worst of Faces of Death (released between installments III and IV and consisting of highlights from the first three installments) instead featured Schwartz's brother, James Schwartz, as "Dr. Louis Flellis". Flellis explains that he accidentally killed "Dr. Gröss" while operating on him the prior week. However, in Faces of Death IV, Flellis explains the absence of Dr. Gröss by stating that he had killed himself, having been driven insane as a result of witnessing so much death.

Also released with the title Faces of Death VII, was a condensed version of Anton LaVey's 1989 film Death Scenes; and another assemblage of stock footage titled Faces of Death part 7 was released as an online file sometime during the late 1990s

In 1993, copycat film Traces of Death was released. This movie contained significantly more real footage of actual deaths, including footage of the televised suicide of R. Budd Dwyer.
Yeah that does help...helps me want them even more lol thanks gag appreciate it it was helpful and interesting
Old 25th May 2018, 11:12 PM
Cult Addict

I've indulged in Mondo stuff in the past but the only ones i rate nowadays are Killing of America and Africa Addio as they seem to be reflective of the times and more of a historical document.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 5th June 2018, 09:12 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Well Human Experiments is coming soon apparently.
Released May 8, 2018 on Region 0 DVD - £14.16 at Amazon UK

Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th July 2018, 02:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

So if anyone else is collecting blu-rays for each of the titles on all 3 of the nasties section lists, Mondo Macabro have put Blood Lust up for pre order on their website. It's limited to 666 copies and was apparently selling quickly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bloodlust_Red3.jpg (19.1 KB, 9 views)
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 14th August 2018, 06:50 AM
Cult Master

An interesting read

BANNED! I Spit On Your Grave (1978) | The London Economic

"With most of them now past or approaching their 40th birthdays, many of the films on the DPP list look quaint now. It’s hard to believe anyone was shocked by Don’t Go In The Woods… Alone or The Funhouse. I Spit On Your Grave is not one of those films. It hasn’t lost an ounce of its power, it remains one of the list’s most shocking, appalling and disturbing films. It’s also one of the best."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th August 2018, 01:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...ties-1-9300186

Sunderland academic is taking another look at the ‘Video Nasties’ once blamed for morally corrupting children.

Like this? Share it using the links below!