Old 2nd October 2012, 12:56 PM
Ex-member

ANTICHRIST and POSSESSION are two of the weirdest horrors I've seen
but like them both esp the former
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd October 2012, 04:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Antichrist a horror film? Hmmmmmmm iyo. And here was me going to plug Parents....

Seriously, I'd plump for Anguish....................

as The Baby isn't a horror per se, though it certainly is fantastic cough bleedin' cough.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd October 2012, 06:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Antichrist a horror film? Hmmmmmmm iyo
Of course it is, and a bloody good one! Lars von Trier had been watching J-horror and utilised some of their techniques in Antichrist.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:07 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Antichrist a horror film? Hmmmmmmm iyo. And here was me going to plug Parents....

Seriously, I'd plump for Anguish....................

as The Baby isn't a horror per se, though it certainly is fantastic cough bleedin' cough.
Bigas Luna did a film called Caniche. That's pretty weird. It has animals in. Hopefully you get the drift?
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 3rd October 2012, 07:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
I was wondering about that. What is the actual problem that they are having?
I actually emailed them a while ago and, fair play to them, they replied saying that the master they have is taking longer than anticipated to bring up to a presentable level but that it was still a viable proposition and would be released in the future.
There are a couple of releases floating about on ebay with poor pic quality, a Nutja release and Shock Video if I recall correctly.
Damnit! I might have to go watch it now!
Old 3rd October 2012, 08:33 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
I actually emailed them a while ago and, fair play to them, they replied saying that the master they have is taking longer than anticipated to bring up to a presentable level but that it was still a viable proposition and would be released in the future.
There are a couple of releases floating about on ebay with poor pic quality, a Nutja release and Shock Video if I recall correctly.
Oh like you say, fair play. Shame they didn't say this publicly. Most people have probably given up by now. It will/would have been the release to end all releases though. I already own it but I think for that release I would just have to get it.
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:19 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
I've got the Nutja or is it AWE, I'd have to check, release of "Thundercrack!" and it's not unlike watching a film through a soggy teabag.
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:46 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I've got the Nutja or is it AWE, I'd have to check, release of "Thundercrack!" and it's not unlike watching a film through a soggy teabag.
Same. Plus it's not even the full version. I had a chance to get it and missed it so now I'm unsure as where to get it from. Cough cough. Hint hint. I do not own the full version of Thundercrack.
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Synapse put a lot of work securing good source material for Thundercrack! so I imagine it’s still on the horizon...at some stage. I think they're just battling the film's lo-fi production...

A UK DVD of Thundercrack! was proposed a few years ago but the BBFC refused to play ball – a cut 18 was offered or an uncut R18, so the release was dropped.

Interestingly this DVD was spearheaded by two people who has since become senior decision-makers at BFI DVD Publishing, and nowadays with the BBFC being more agreeable to such things, you never know...
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I love "strange" horror films,lots of good ones around but I thought I'd mention this one.
I actually found the romance (beyond the grave) between Cassie and EJ quite touching.
I wish someone would release a better dvd though...

http://hardrockzombies.webs.com/publicitypictures.htm

Frankie Teardrop likes this.

Last edited by bdc; 3rd October 2012 at 12:32 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!