Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Get Involved in the UK DVDs
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which colour should the Logo be for Vol 7 of Prisoner?
Light Orange 6 2.70%
Lime Green 16 7.21%
Green Blue 9 4.05%
Pink 92 41.44%
Rust Orange 30 13.51%
Duck-Egg Blue 27 12.16%
Sky Blue 15 6.76%
Baby Pink 27 12.16%
Voters: 222. This poll is closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2011, 10:26 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
It's going to be pink for volume 7. It's just a colour. Tbh, I don't think many people will have a problem picking it up in a shop. I'm sure many straight people chose the colour as well, simply because they thought it looked good. But honestly, the sexuality of Prisoner fans is neither here nor there. So let's move on please.
I totally agree with you Stephen. Time to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand. After all it is only a COLOUR people.

Anyway, do you know if there are any extras planned for future releases?
Old 26th February 2011, 11:11 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I really have no idea if there are extras planned for future releases. Would be good to get some extras back on the dvds.
Old 26th February 2011, 12:06 PM
Cultist in Training

My understanding is that we'll be having exactly the same extras as the Aussie release as they're using the same masters. So on Volume 7 I would imagine - audio commentary with Amanda Muggleton and Val Lehman on episode 195, plus an introduction to episode 200 from Val also.

If that is correct, we'll also have all of Fiona Spence's interviews on this volume too
Old 26th February 2011, 01:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm not sure what the big deal is with pink as a lot of men can carry it off -- my dad wears a pink shirt that he inherited from me because the sleeves were too short and most people says it looks good on him. During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, players and coaches in the NFL wear cats, hats, shoes, gloves etc that are either entirely pink or trimmed with the colour so it is fairly safe to say that it has been re-claimed as a 'gay' colour.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem buying a DVD/BD with pink lettering (three of the most recent Shameless releases have yellow and pink artwork).
Old 26th February 2011, 01:25 PM
Cult Rookie

It's just a colour damn it,pink does not define sexuality or anything else for that matter.You might as well say Purple is a gay colour-well sorry to burst the bubbles but it isn't.Sexuality and colour are totally different so just get over it please and yes I'll be buying the volume 7 in its pink glory.
Old 26th February 2011, 02:12 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@OnTheInside View Post
My understanding is that we'll be having exactly the same extras as the Aussie release as they're using the same masters. So on Volume 7 I would imagine - audio commentary with Amanda Muggleton and Val Lehman on episode 195, plus an introduction to episode 200 from Val also.

If that is correct, we'll also have all of Fiona Spence's interviews on this volume too
Were there extras on vol 2-6 of the Australian dvds?
Old 26th February 2011, 08:25 PM
Cultist in Training

On volume 2 of the Australian releases, there is character/actor biographies and a photo gallery. Volume 3 also has a gallery of stills and volume 4 has a morphing gallery. While volume 5 doesn't have any features, volume 6 has a hidden baby Elizabeth easter egg.
Old 26th February 2011, 08:37 PM
Cultist in Training

I unfortunately don't have any of the UK release - can anyone confirm these extras were present?
Old 26th February 2011, 08:46 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@OnTheInside View Post
I unfortunately don't have any of the UK release - can anyone confirm these extras were present?
I looked at a site earlier and it seemed as though volume 1 was the only UK set with extras
Old 26th February 2011, 09:29 PM
Cultist in Training

As far as I know, the UK volume 2 release has the photo and morphing galleries (according to Amazon), and I'm fairly certain that volume 3 and beyond don't have any special features at all.

Like this? Share it using the links below!