Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Get Involved in the UK DVDs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Prisoner: Cell Block H - YOU choose the volume colour! Vol 8 - CLOSED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/get-involved-uk-dvds/4748-prisoner-cell-block-h-you-choose-volume-colour-vol-8-closed.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd February 2011 02:51 PM

Prisoner: Cell Block H - YOU choose the volume colour! Vol 8 - CLOSED

Volume 8 of the fabulous Prisoner: Cell Block H comes out on DVD in the UK on 26th June and Shock Entertainment want YOU to choose the colour of the Prisoner logo that goes on the DVD case of this and the volumes that follow this year.

Your colour choice can be as relevant or abstract as you like - as long as it makes sense in your head. Now for Volume 7 the majority vote was for bright pink - because of that pink and light pink are not going to be available for vol 8 as we can't have two pinks next to each other but come vol 9 light pink will be back as an option (but not bright pink - it's vol 7). Ya see - it's simple!

PLEASE NOTE THE VOTING PANEL IS AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD - any problems seeing how to vote just say and we'll help you out - it's dead simple but if it's your first time then let us help.

Ok so here's what happens in Volume 8:

It’s busy on the staff side of the bars as Officer Colleen Powell takes over from Vera as Chief, while new officer Conway tries to hide the fact she used to be an inmate. New boy Steve Fawkner is reduced to his pants during a riot and after over 200 episodes, Jim Fletcher finally leaves Wentworth forever.

With a three way fight to become top dog, Bea’s not making the running as she needs a new kidney and Doreen’s not sure if she wants Bea to have hers.

Add arson, kidnapping and the introduction of new uniforms all round and it’s another superb 32 episodes of classic Prisoner Cell Block H action.

Here are the available colours for you to pick from. Feel free to debate and tussle (nicely - or we'll send in Vera!) over which colour would be right but don't forget to register your vote in the poll or it'll be the Pound for you! And your choice won't be counted...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...Selectvol8.jpg

Our thanks to Scott from the wonderful PRISONER CELL BLOCK H .:ON THE INSIDE:. for the idea of the colour vote and a warm welcome to his readers and Facebook members. Please do note YOUR involvement will help drive future releases of Prisoner: Cell Block H in the UK so please vote and please pass this on to everyone you know who will be interested - it takes seconds to sign up and get stuck in!

Quick rules:

This vote closes 12pm Thursday 24th Feb 2011. After that we'll open up the vote on the next volume!

Please note that Shock reserve the right on any final decision in terms of the colour chosen - clearly the idea is that the vote decides but we need to say this just in case some exceptional circumstances dictate emergency measures which we haven't managed to dream up! Also Shock Entertainment retain all design copyright and ownership so even if you help choose the winning colour they own the final design forever - let's call it their steam press - it's theirs and you can't have it. Mrs Davidson is uncomfortable with this policy but the Minister has overruled her so welcome to life on the inside - stop complaining or it's Barnhurst for you!

Lillyivimia 22nd February 2011 03:26 PM

Exciting news about the confirmed Volume 8 release. One of my favourite periods of the show is highlighted in these episodes: namely the Sandy Edwards/Marie Winter/Kate Peterson storyline.:cool:

I voted for Lime Green. I think it'll stand out very nicely after the pink and I've always liked the lighter shades of the spectrum.

mr 420 22nd February 2011 03:54 PM

I've gone for lime green too because I can't choose pink again.:(

Wilf 22nd February 2011 05:23 PM

Why is this poll telling me I've already voted, when I haven't? Sort it out, please!

Blocky deserves bright, vibrant colours. Most of the above are wishy-washy pale ones, and are quite horrid - please strike Baby Pink and Duck Egg Blue off the list permanently!

LIME GREEN would get my vote if I were able to cast one; it's the brightest choice, and contrasts nicely with the previous volume's pink.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd February 2011 05:26 PM

I was torn between Lime Green and Sky Blue, opting for the latter just because it stands out really well; you could say the same about Lime Green I suppose.

Wilf 22nd February 2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 130310)
New boy Steve Fawkner

Is it Fawkner or Faulkner? I always thought it was the latter.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd February 2011 06:42 PM

Gonna have to go for that Rust Orange again.

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd February 2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilf (Post 130352)
Why is this poll telling me I've already voted, when I haven't? Sort it out, please!

Blocky deserves bright, vibrant colours. Most of the above are wishy-washy pale ones, and are quite horrid - please strike Baby Pink and Duck Egg Blue off the list permanently!

LIME GREEN would get my vote if I were able to cast one; it's the brightest choice, and contrasts nicely with the previous volume's pink.

Wilf if you could PM Stefan@Cult Labs with your problem that would be great - I'm concerned in case anyone else is having that problem.

Justin 22nd February 2011 09:38 PM

I have gone for Lime Green this time :)

Stefan@Cult Labs 23rd February 2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 130376)
Wilf if you could PM Stefan@Cult Labs with your problem that would be great - I'm concerned in case anyone else is having that problem.

Yes, any problems please PM me and I'll make sure your vote is counted.

Wilf, you can try clearing your cookies and visiting the poll again too; that might work.

mr 420 23rd February 2011 10:24 AM

Come on people, time to jump on the lime-green bandwagon before it's too late!:)

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd February 2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 130500)
Come on people, time to jump on the lime-green bandwagon before it's too late!:)

Lime Green is certainly in the lead but I have to that the blues aren't far behind - there's not the gulf that there was between pink and the other colours for vol 7...

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd February 2011 05:43 PM

Sky blue for me this time. Just something I like about blue. It's really a tough choice between a few of them though.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd February 2011 06:35 PM

Have to say that I'm regretting voting on Rust Orange again. even though it's my favourite colour of the lot, I think next to the pink Vol. 7, the lime green would look very good, and a great contrast.

I want to to change my vote! ;)

mr 420 24th February 2011 11:09 AM

Do mods not have double voting privileges?;)

Almar@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 11:44 AM

Well folks Vol 8 colour poll is now closed and Lime Green is the winning colour - it seems loud and proud shades are in vogue on here!

Next up - vol 9 so don't go anywhere!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 130782)
Do mods not have double voting privileges?;)

Unfortunately not!

mr 420 24th February 2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 130803)
Well folks Vol 8 colour poll is now closed and Lime Green is the winning colour - it seems loud and proud shades are in vogue on here!

Next up - vol 9 so don't go anywhere!

Almar, are we going to get the choice of the same colours, or are some new ones going to be introduced into the mix?

Almar@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 01:11 PM

Same colours... but baby Pink is back!

mr 420 24th February 2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 130817)
Same colours... but baby Pink is back!

Arghhhhhhhh! *Only joking!*

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 05:31 PM

Good choice with the lime green. I'm sure i'll get my choice for one of the covers.....eventually. :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 130849)
Good choice with the lime green. I'm sure i'll get my choice for one of the covers.....eventually. :lol:

That's something that will never happen to me as, going by these two polls, I pick the one I like after I vote and instantly regret choosing that colour! Hey Ho, maybe third time lucky.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th February 2011 10:40 AM

The more I look at the lime green, the more I like it. Very striking against the bars and black background.

haz1987 7th March 2011 10:24 PM

the lime green is a great choice:cool:

haz1987 12th April 2011 10:26 PM

the bbfc passed volume 8 today as a 12 :)

Almar@Cult Labs 13th April 2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haz1987 (Post 142599)
the bbfc passed volume 8 today as a 12 :)

Thanks for the update! I think the certs the series has had show the power it's got - this was a compelling gritty show when it came out - and still is!