Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Get Involved in the UK DVDs

View Poll Results: Which colour should the Logo be for Vol 9 of Prisoner?
Light Orange 17 11.97%
Rust Orange 47 33.10%
Duck Egg Blue 40 28.17%
Sky Blue 23 16.20%
Baby Pink 15 10.56%
Voters: 142. This poll is closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2011, 01:10 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Smile Prisoner: Cell Block H - YOU choose the volume colour! Vol 9 - CLOSED

Volume 9 of the fabulous Prisoner: Cell Block H comes out on DVD in the UK on 29th August and Shock Entertainment want YOU to choose the colour of the Prisoner logo that goes on the DVD case of this and the volumes that follow this year.

Your colour choice can be as relevant or abstract as you like - as long as it makes sense in your head. Now for Volume 7 the majority vote was for bright pink and for vol 8 bright lime green - because of that pink, lime green and green blue are not going to be available for vol 9 as we can't have two greens next to each other but come vol 10 green blue will be back as an option (but not bright pink - it's vol 7, and vol 8 is lime green). Ya see - it's simple!

PLEASE NOTE THE VOTING PANEL IS AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD - any problems seeing how to vote just say and we'll help you out - it's dead simple but if it's your first time then let us help.

Ok so here's what happens in Volume 9:

Ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves for The Freak.

As if Wentworth isn’t busy enough with bashings, suspected lagging and attempted murder, Officer Joan ‘The Freak’ Ferguson (Maggie Kirkpatrick) arrives, announcing her presence with the first of her infamous black glove body searches.

Before she even arrives though, one inmate won’t stop escaping, another is dealing in out of date drugs and Doreen secretly trains a gang of attack dogs.

But what none of them know is that one of the women will end up in a hospital for the criminally insane.

In over 25 hours of solid gold episodes, this 8 DVD box set will grip and delight every fan of TV’s iconic Prisoner Cell Block H.

Now what colour best suits that set of episodes???

Our thanks to Scott from the wonderful PRISONER CELL BLOCK H .:ON THE INSIDE:. for the idea of the colour vote and a warm welcome to his readers and Facebook members. Please do note YOUR involvement will help drive future releases of Prisoner: Cell Block H in the UK so please vote and please pass this on to everyone you know who will be interested - it takes seconds to sign up and get stuck in!

Quick rules:

This vote closes 12pm Tuesday 1st Mar 2011. After that we'll open up the vote on volume 10!

Please note that Shock reserve the right on any final decision in terms of the colour chosen - clearly the idea is that the vote decides but we need to say this just in case some exceptional circumstances dictate emergency measures which we haven't managed to dream up! Also Shock Entertainment retain all design copyright and ownership so even if you help choose the winning colour they own the final design forever - let's call it their steam press - it's theirs and you can't have it. Mrs Davidson is uncomfortable with this policy but the Minister has overruled her so welcome to life on the inside - stop complaining or it's Barnhurst for you!

Last edited by Almar@Cult Labs; 10th August 2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 24th February 2011, 01:14 PM
Cult Addict

I've gone for Sky Blue as I think it's the colour that would look best next to the Lime Green one.
Old 24th February 2011, 05:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I'm hoping it's a case of third time lucky for the Rust Orange.
Old 24th February 2011, 06:03 PM
Cult Rookie

Smile

I've gone with the Light Orange option on this one. It's quite eye-catching and will compliment the set very nicely.
Old 24th February 2011, 07:03 PM
Cult Rookie

Volume 9...can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th February 2011, 07:45 PM
Cult Rookie

To be honest, I don't particularly like any of them. Rust Orange is the best of a bad lot, but it doesn't seem right for this batch of episodes.

The arrival of the Freak calls for a tough colour - a steely grey or a cold blue. And IIRC, Marie Winter is still present at the start of this volume, and similar colours suit her down to the ground. So Duck-Egg Blue feels appropriate - the shade, if not the name. And we haven't had blue since Vol. 2, of course.

But please, let's have some bolder and more vibrant choices for the next couple of volumes! A navy blue would be good around now - put a white outline around it and it'll show up nicely against the black background.
Old 24th February 2011, 08:22 PM
Cultist in Training

Volume 9: Episodes 257-288 - Just think, by the time the entire series is released, if it is released, we're going to go through quite a number of colours. I went for rust orange this time. It seemed a nice shade after the previous green. I am in complete agreement with Wilf - hopefully the next batch of volumes will have 'stronger' colour choices.

Last edited by prisonerjohn; 24th February 2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 24th February 2011, 08:45 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I went for duck egg blue again. It's the one that jumped out at me first for volume 7. At the end of the day, any colour is good. It's just great to be given the chance to get involved in helping to shape a release in some way.
Old 25th February 2011, 10:58 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I went for duck egg blue again. It's the one that jumped out at me first for volume 7. At the end of the day, any colour is good. It's just great to be given the chance to get involved in helping to shape a release in some way.
Indeed, afterall it's really the content that's important.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:24 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well folks Prisoner: Cell Block H - vol 9 will be Rust Orange!

There's just one more volume to vote on for now - (time for a break!) which will be vol 10 - we'll kick that off soon.

Thanks everyone for making the effort to vote. It's what's inside that counts as we know but the logos have to be some kind of colour to easily distinguish the volumes apart so having a fun vote and getting your choices in seems like a better way to do things.

Like this? Share it using the links below!