Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179619Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:00 PM
Cult Addict

Just watched bunny lake is missing.

total classic.

Before that I watched cancer comedy 50/50, not terrible but once was enough.
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just finished watching Grotesque not a bad film all the torture was done really well .There was one or two bits that hurt to watch when you see it you will know what i mean. Worth a watch yes worth repeat viewing no. Once you have seen it once you have seen all it has to offer.
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:32 PM
Cult Addict

Finished the evening off with hugely underrated zach galligan killer insect zombies meets the big chill 'classic' INFESTED. Usually about 75p on amazon if you havent seen it check it out. One or two of the effects look more than a little ropey but it makes the most out of what it has.

Then I watched the commentary track on the synergy release of halloween 3. Kim newmans always interesting imo, just a shame the print looks inferior to the region 1 universal disc AND ITS STILL BLOODY CUT!
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Just finished watching Grotesque not a bad film all the torture was done really well .There was one or two bits that hurt to watch when you see it you will know what i mean. Worth a watch yes worth repeat viewing no. Once you have seen it once you have seen all it has to offer.
Not my scene watched once online type of films i dont agree with ....to extreme
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:39 AM
Cultist

What I've watched since Saturday...

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

**** out of ****

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

**** out of ****

Day of the Dead (1985)

**** out of ****

Death Wish II (1982)

The best sequel.

*** out of ****

Terror in the Aisles (1984)

*** out of ****

UPDATED WEEKLY
Old 3rd April 2012, 06:05 PM
Active Cultist

Some thoughts about Tommy wot I've just watched

Most frustrating cameo ever - Jack Nicholson in this movie. Movie icon at his peak (between Chinatown and The Shining no less) sharing a scene with another towering icon, Oliie Reed, and both have to sing in silly voices - Aaaarrrggh!

Successive scenes of sadistic torture and child abuse dressed up as knockabout, musical comedy. Could only be a Ken Russell movie!

Ann Margaret is amazing in this - I last saw her in a clip in Mad Men from the early 60s singing Bye Bye Birdie - what happened?!

The greatest legacy of Ken Russell = he did not give a shit what people thought. This kind of movie will never be allowed to happen again, love it or hate it you must see it.
Old 3rd April 2012, 06:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Finished the evening off with hugely underrated zach galligan killer insect zombies meets the big chill 'classic' INFESTED. Usually about 75p on amazon if you havent seen it check it out. One or two of the effects look more than a little ropey but it makes the most out of what it has.
Glad you mentioned this one. I had seen it about on Amazon and wondered about it.

You've persuaded me.
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd April 2012, 06:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

BOOK OF ELI: brilliantly made post apocalyptic action drama that rocks a serious western style. A cross between Mad Max and Zatoichi set in the wild west of the future. Really good performances from Gary Oldman, Denzel Washington and Mila Kunis with some stunning cinematography and a good score.

THE FUNHOUSE: Early 80s slice of teen horror hokum from Tobe Hooper, not the best of it's kind but still a fun film even if the first 40 minutes or so are just people at a carnival.

SOLOMAN KANE: Entertaining if slightly muddled historical action fantasy based on the character created by Robert E. Howard. James Purefoy is great as soloman and there a good supporting cast that includes Pete Postlethwaite, Alice Krige, McKenzie Crook, Max Von Sydow and Jason Flemming. Worth a watch but is certainly no Game Of Throne.

THE LAND THAT TIME FORGOT: Entertaining adventure from Amicus and director Kevin Connor based on the book by Edgar Rice Burrows. Very dated special FX add to the charm of this film as does the ass kicking Doug Mclure. Great fun and well made.
Old 4th April 2012, 01:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched 2Ldk or something called that about 2 asian girls who share a flat and both auditioning for the same role, Therefore slightly detest each other and end up knocking the hell out of each other ....

My friend lent me a film called orphan Killer i never heard of it didnt watch it had a flick through looks pretty awful film but would suit the gorehound fans tho..
Old 4th April 2012, 06:24 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Glad you mentioned this one. I had seen it about on Amazon and wondered about it.

You've persuaded me.
Its excellent cheesy fun, and 80 minutes so dosent have time to get boring either!

Like this? Share it using the links below!