Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179458Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:08 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

220px-Cropsey.jpg

Documentary about five kids that went missing in the 70s and 80s on Staten Island New York. Well worth a watch some very disturbing footage of Willowbrook State School on Staten Island sort of footage that chills you right to the bone.
Old 24th May 2012, 08:03 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 65946

Documentary about five kids that went missing in the 70s and 80s on Staten Island New York. Well worth a watch some very disturbing footage of Willowbrook State School on Staten Island sort of footage that chills you right to the bone.
Anything about a guy with garden shears in it?
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 24th May 2012, 11:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Speaking of disturbing documentaries...watched Jesus Camp recently....for the record an even handed look at Pastor Becky Fischer and her annual summer camp "Kids on Fire" (held at....Devil's Lake!!)
This is a great case of "give 'em enough rope..." etc.

This is worse than Srpski in my book. The mere fact that parents will let this emotionally crippled fascist NEAR their kids is a sad reflection on the grip the religious right had (at that time) over the uneducated "fundamentalist" throng.

The "highlight" being a sequence where the adults in charge of this horrorshow get their charges to fondle a cut out figure of Dubya.

This is cleverly intercut with views from a moderate xtian radio host, which culminates in a brief showdown between the pastor on his show.

10/10.
Kyle likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th May 2012, 03:20 PM
Cultist

OMG!!!!!!!! I flicked on the tv after getting in late last night to catch Adam Chaplin on the Horror Channel and I couldn't switch it off! Fricking awesome film with a touch of Grindhouse flair, lashings of Manga style violence and buckets and buckets and buckets (etc etc etc) of the red stuff! QUALITY!!!!
Old 24th May 2012, 06:18 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Anything about a guy with garden shears in it?
This is where the myth came from said he was an urban legend that scouts were told by there leaders while camping in the woods. Just happened that the legend was based on fact and this guy actually went around taking kids and murdering them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Speaking of disturbing documentaries...watched Jesus Camp recently....for the record an even handed look at Pastor Becky Fischer and her annual summer camp "Kids on Fire" (held at....Devil's Lake!!)
This is a great case of "give 'em enough rope..." etc.

This is worse than Srpski in my book. The mere fact that parents will let this emotionally crippled fascist NEAR their kids is a sad reflection on the grip the religious right had (at that time) over the uneducated "fundamentalist" throng.

The "highlight" being a sequence where the adults in charge of this horrorshow get their charges to fondle a cut out figure of Dubya.

This is cleverly intercut with views from a moderate xtian radio host, which culminates in a brief showdown between the pastor on his show.

10/10.

I have seen a few clips of this and heard alot about it. Even the few clips i seen were disturbing enough.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 24th May 2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Two posts in as many minutes
Old 24th May 2012, 06:45 PM
Cult Master

I have just watched the French/Canadian film '7 Days', and I think I need a cigarette and a BIG vodka!

Disturbing is not the word for this film. It really affected me. Very graphic, but within the realms of reality

There were two things that made it bad.

1) It is very believable. No elaborate traps or supernatural elements, just torture that could be carried out by anyone (not that this is a suggestion, of course)

2) the fact that there was no music at all during the film. No soundtrack, no songs on the radio, not even someone whistling

Phew!

Highly recommended, but not for everyone
Kyle likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th May 2012, 06:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default "Stanley Kubrick's Clockwork Orange

Stanley Kubrick's Clockwork Orange
Have'nt watched this for awhile so i thought id take out for a spin and abit of the old in-out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clock.jpg (77.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg corange.jpg (84.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg clockwork_orange.jpg (87.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 24th May 2012, 07:23 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Stanley Kubrick's Clockwork Orange
Have'nt watched this for awhile so i thought id take out for a spin and abit of the old in-out
How does it look on Blu Ray ? Worth an upgrade ?
Old 24th May 2012, 07:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
How does it look on Blu Ray ? Worth an upgrade ?
Id say yes,I think for a film made in 1971 it looks great,but im biased cos its all time fav,but it does look good.

A Clockwork Orange Blu-ray Malcolm McDowell
Old 24th May 2012, 07:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
imo BODY DOUBLE is a very underrated film and Craig Wasson an underrated actor
one of De Palma's best and one of my fave films of all time
got the R1 sp.ed and R2 dvds
Body Double is a personal favorite of mine, then again I was completely in love with Shelton. I think what tends to hurt Body Double to this day is that after the amazing resolution of the whole mystery we have that second ending that confused and angered so many. Technically and acting wise Body Double is a genuine masterpiece right up til then.

Like this? Share it using the links below!