Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2013, 11:20 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Apparently this is coming out on Blu this year in the States, now this is a documentary I'm incredibly excited for.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 12th July 2013, 10:09 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Mask Maker yesterday, felt it was quite boring for the most part which was disappointing. Nice scenes of bloodshed, but not enough, and a nice little appearance from Michael Berryman.
Old 12th July 2013, 10:45 AM
Cultist

Citadel (2012) Movie Review from Eye for Film - Citadel - this was actually surprisingly good, quite scary in parts! Becomes very generic and it's obv very low budget but well acted and shot. Limited release but worth tracking down!
Old 12th July 2013, 05:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

"Pin" 1988

A late 'eighties gem, this one. It is basically a spin on the "dummy controlling the ventriloquist" or the "Norman Bates" story and rather well spun it is. There is very little in the way of blood and gore but a good story doesn't need knee deep entrails to sell itself.

18/10 for medical models.

Monster Magnet
Old 12th July 2013, 05:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nightmare on elm street part 4. The dream master. A lot better than I remember , but sadly after this the movies went down hill rapidly till a new nightmare. Some good kills especially the cockroach. 7/10

The car.

Really enjoyed this, found it to be very atmospheric and even creepy in places and theirs even a shock twist I was not expecting. Once again a amazing job done by arrow, looks like it was shot yesterday and the scenery was fantastic.
10/10

Planet hulk
Based on the best selling comic cycle. Sadly a lot was left out of the animation, even changed silver surfer to beta ray bill for some reason. But still a very fun action packed feature and can't complain for 50p.

6/10
Old 12th July 2013, 05:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

World War Z
Enjoyable but totally bloodless zombie apocalypse.

Dracula (1931)

Frankenstien (1931)

Masters Of The Universe (1987)
Old 12th July 2013, 05:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Nightmare on elm street part 4. The dream master. A lot better than I remember , but sadly after this the movies went down hill rapidly till a new nightmare. Some good kills especially the cockroach. 7/10

The car.

Really enjoyed this, found it to be very atmospheric and even creepy in places and theirs even a shock twist I was not expecting. Once again a amazing job done by arrow, looks like it was shot yesterday and the scenery was fantastic.
10/10

Planet hulk
Based on the best selling comic cycle. Sadly a lot was left out of the animation, even changed silver surfer to beta ray bill for some reason. But still a very fun action packed feature and can't complain for 50p.

6/10
Silver surfer was left out because FOX are total asses. Basically SS is part of the Fantastic Four (as are skrulls) and cannot be used in any non-Fox marvel liscences.

This is also why we had that rubbish Spiderman 'reboot' it was only made to keep the liscence at FOX. The same reason they keep making more and more x-men related things. To stop Disney/Marvel from bringing them into the Avengers universe.
trebor8273, Hawkmonger and troggi like this.
Old 12th July 2013, 05:58 PM
Cult Addict

I'm honestly glad X-Men isn't going to be part of the CineMarvelVerse. I have significant gripe's concerning there place in the Marvel comics universe, and if you can't make it work in source material than don't apply it to addaptations. I'm glad to enjoy the first three X-men movies for what they are, seperate from anything else Marvel.

Dante's Peak: Utterly, utterly shite but some how watchable when drunk and with mate's. I will grant the SFX team credit for producing convinving Lahar, a rather hard to achieve mixture of hot rock matter, water and silt. The streets coated in new's paper ash where nice to. But all round acting was standard except from Brosnan who did seem to be having a good time. Standard Saterday night fare if there's nothing better on.
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 12th July 2013, 06:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

This is also why we had that rubbish Spiderman 'reboot' it was only made to keep the liscence at FOX. The same reason they keep making more and more x-men related things. To stop Disney/Marvel from bringing them into the Avengers universe.

Spiderman's with Sony/Columbia not Fox though. Or else we would have a potential cool Spider-Man/Wolverine film.
troggi likes this.
Old 12th July 2013, 06:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well after avengers all I want is a good hulk movie, I'll be very happy as the hulk is my favourite superhero by far. For me hulk was the star of the avengers.
keirarts and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!