LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2014, 10:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
And so continues the streak of me being seemingly the only person who still likes You're Next.
I liked it!
Old 28th November 2014, 10:49 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
On the beach was remade with Armande assante!

Attachment 150530

It's actually not bad...
I had no idea! Is it as sombre? Do we actually see a stiff or ruined building? I can't imagine it's as understated as the 59 vintage.
Old 28th November 2014, 11:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Enders Game...
Simple film with a mind numbing moral meal to digest towards the end... not bad if you haven't got anything else to watch and your bord as hell. my brother is wrong, this film isn't good because at somepoint in your life you enjoyed a video game... bloody moron.... haha.
Old 28th November 2014, 11:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
And so continues the streak of me being seemingly the only person who still likes You're Next.
I love it. I think however it's proving to be a marmite film on here. No shame in that, like most films people take away different experiences. I suspect most people will have similar experiences with the follow up THE GUEST. It's similar in some respects to INTERSTELLAR. Some found it a profound and mysterious sci-fi to match 2001. I thought it was well crafted popcorn fodder that started well until it dropped the whole "love as a force that transcends time" bollocks, when I realised it was going to be a very disappointing film if I was expecting some kind of ground breaking classic. I could be wrong however...
Old 28th November 2014, 11:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Forbidden Kingdom (2008)

Jackie Chan and Jet Li team up for this lively action fantasy. Whilst some of the fights are a lot of fun, i got a bit bored with the constant wire work. Added to that was a largely uninvolving plot about the legend of the Monkey King that was done better in an eighties Japanese tv show, and made me yearn for the exploits of Sandy, Pigsy et al.

Ok, but considering it was Chan and Li, it could, nay should, have been better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b_30821.jpg (95.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 28th November 2014, 11:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Enders Game...
Simple film with a mind numbing moral meal to digest towards the end... not bad if you haven't got anything else to watch and your bord as hell. my brother is wrong, this film isn't good because at somepoint in your life you enjoyed a video game... bloody moron.... haha.
I liked Orson Scott Card's novel. It was one of the first sci-fi novels i read back in the late eighties.

I never bothered with the film as no one has a good word to say about it.
Old 29th November 2014, 12:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
You're Next

Myself and my girlfriend decided to give this ago tonight after having it on the shelf for awhile. I wish I left it there. It started promising but that lasted about 2 minutes and then on in was all down hill. I wanted everyone to die as soon as they started acting. The twist was obvious from the start. The tables always get turn in slashers as we all know when the victim starts to fight back but they are not usually Rambo or John Matrix. So much wrong with this film. Two good kills the rest nothing interesting. Very very poor film.
I mostly agree with you, though I wouldn't be QUITE as harsh on it as you. No idea why people were saying this was a great original horror when it came about a year or so ago though, I didn't see it then and I very much doubt I would change my mind if I rewatched it. Now, The Babadook, thats a whole different story.
Old 29th November 2014, 12:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Heli (2013)

The torture scenes in Hostel or similar films having nothing on some of the scenes in this film, simply for the fact that if you watch it and know anything about current affairs (particularly the case with the missing students) then you realise that this stuff and probably even worse is probably happening right now - and real families have to deal with it daily.

7/10.
Old 29th November 2014, 02:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
To be honest I had no problems following Interstellar. Just thought it got rather silly and lost its way a little. I guess that's what edged GOG ahead for me, consistancy
Not at all, you need to read up on string theory, quantum theory, and take a couple of big bong hits of salvia divinorum.
Old 29th November 2014, 09:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I love it. I think however it's proving to be a marmite film on here. No shame in that, like most films people take away different experiences. I suspect most people will have similar experiences with the follow up THE GUEST. It's similar in some respects to INTERSTELLAR. Some found it a profound and mysterious sci-fi to match 2001. I thought it was well crafted popcorn fodder that started well until it dropped the whole "love as a force that transcends time" bollocks, when I realised it was going to be a very disappointing film if I was expecting some kind of ground breaking classic. I could be wrong however...
No. You are not wrong.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!