Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   Rob Zombie Movies (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/10732-rob-zombie-movies.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th April 2013 12:53 PM

Rob Zombie Movies

7 Attachment(s)
To celebrate the upcoming DVD (and limited theatrical) release of Rob Zombie's latest film, the super stylish The Lords Of Salem (a film that delves deep into the realm of Satanism and Witchcraft - with as much style as Suspiria!), here's a thread dedicated to the films of Zombie.

So, what are your favourite films of ol' Rob Zombie?

Vote above and share your thoughts below...

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th April 2013 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I really do like Rob Zombie's House Of 100 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects and The Lords Of Salem. All are fantastic movies - full of style, sleaze and they have a 70s-feel to them (without being crammed with obvious references like Tarantino).

Halloween however is pants.

One film I am praying Zombie makes is of a graphic novel he created about a killer bigfoot. It's a superb read that's nice and gruesome and would make a great film. Fingers crossed!

stefanmetal 4th April 2013 01:31 PM

Haven't seen Lords yet but I've got tickets booked for a couple of week time. If I like Rejects and House will is it likely I'll like the new one?

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th April 2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanmetal (Post 332937)
Haven't seen Lords yet but I've got tickets booked for a couple of week time. If I like Rejects and House will is it likely I'll like the new one?

Oh definitely, Stefan! Lords Of Salem is rather different to his other films - there isn't quite as much gore in the film, although it's still very intense and a lot of fun too. Rather than being similar to Texas Chainsaw Massacre (like House and Rejects), it's more along the lines of Suspria.

Rik 4th April 2013 01:39 PM

I've enjoyed all his films so far (including the ones starring the The Shape) so I pre-ordered Lords of Salem as soon as I could, despite mixed reviews I'm looking forward to it

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th April 2013 01:44 PM

I have a feeling that I'll enjoy LOS more than Rob's other films. I quite enjoyed The House of 1000 Corpses, but found Devil's Rejects and his first Halloween film to be average at best. The less said about H2 the better!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th April 2013 01:46 PM

I have to say that I like the fake Criterion cover for Werewolf Women of the SS! :laugh:

stefanmetal 4th April 2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 332938)
Oh definitely, Stefan! Lords Of Salem is rather different to his other films - there isn't quite as much gore in the film, although it's still very intense and a lot of fun too. Rather than being similar to Texas Chainsaw Massacre (like House and Rejects), it's more along the lines of Suspria.

Good good. I shall look forward to it then.

I even enjoyed the Halloween films really, though admittedly not as good as his original work.

Criterion7 4th April 2013 04:17 PM

H2 is the absolute worst movie I have ever seen and I have watched the Room and Manos Hands of Fate. He completely misses the point of the franchise. And it is by far the most shoddily made and badly written film ever.

Devils Rejects was his best film by far.

Daemonia 4th April 2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criterion7 (Post 332984)
H2 is the absolute worst movie I have ever seen and I have watched the Room and Manos Hands of Fate. He completely misses the point of the franchise. And it is by far the most shoddily made and badly written film ever.

You didn't like it, then? :lol: