Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Like Tree620Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2021, 02:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Bela with Angelo Rossitto in Spooks Run Wild (1941)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg spooks-run-wild-10.jpg (45.1 KB, 70 views)
Old 2nd June 2021, 10:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 231553

Sick of people scoffing at his ideas and inventions Dr. Alex Zorka plans to get revenge for dimissing him with a series of very dangerous discoveries and inventions. First off he has a devisualizer that makes him invisible plus hidden in a secret place within his secret lab he has fragments of a meteor that crashed to earth in Africa not like the one from The Invisible Ray of course. Zorka has found a way that he is the only one that can handle this dangerous rock which makes it even more dangerous to the world. Anyone would be happy having these dangerous weapons but not Zorka to top it off he has created an 8 foot robot that will carry out his every command. Zorka has a group of spies coming to buy his meteor fragments that when certain elements are extracted can induce suspended animation but they have other ideas and intend on stealing the meteor but Zorka has a back up plan for them. With all this going on Zorka fakes his own death to throw the G men off his trail but his wife is flown out to identify the body and knowing that she will recognise its not him so he hatches a plan to stop them that backfires and his wife ends up dying in the plane crash.

Yet another fast paced outing there is so much going on obviously it moves faster because its condensed from the series but it didnt need any padding its just action all the way and nothing is taken away from the story it all makes perfect scense so a great job was done triiming it all down and putting it together.The parts where Bela is invisible are really fun with a slight white glow so the audiance can see where he is and its looks great and the giant robot is awesome i love the look of this head but i thing the arms are a little weak they just looked too long and didnt fit the rest of the costume but he is still cool. The worst thing about the whole thing was the annoying news paper reporter she just keeps musceling her way into everything tagging along with the G-men everywhere they go and brough on top secret missions she is pretty pointless and she gets involed in the most stupid situations . She is just ever present and it feels like she is just there to have a female lead that was just shoe horned in its a shame but hows ever.

There is only one star here and its Bela he is in his element here playing a crazed scientist who wants to rule or destroy the world. His scenes are hilarious he is so crazed i always love mad scientists shouting about ruling the world. My favourite line hands down.

"One by one my enemies will be disposed of and then i will be MASTER OF THE UNNNNNIVERSE " His delievery of this line was amazing fist in the air and so diabolic

Really fun film i love to see Bela so happy in a role and given plenty of lines and screen time he is not there just to ride on his coat tails and get people to watch it which has been the case a few times before this.

7/10
There's an upgrade incoming for this one. 31/12/21 preorder on Am*zon.com

https://www.vcientertainment.com/the...ation-project/
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:16 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
There's an upgrade incoming for this one. 31/12/21 preorder on Am*zon.com

https://www.vcientertainment.com/the...ation-project/
Thanks for the heads up ill keep an eye on that.
Old 5th June 2021, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

A couple of lobby cards featuring Bela for Spooks Run Wild (1941)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg spooks-run-wild41.jpg (97.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg spooks-run-wild41 (1).jpg (87.1 KB, 55 views)
Old 5th June 2021, 10:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

An RKO studio portrait of Bela in costume as the character Joseph for The Body Snatcher (1945)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TBS_3_BLW (Large).jpg (59.3 KB, 57 views)
Old 15th June 2021, 08:55 PM
Cult Master

Unused makeup tests for the Sayer of the Law in the 1937 version of 'ISLAND OF LOST SOULS'

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic127 - Bela Island of Lost Souls.jpg (10.4 KB, 2 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th June 2021, 04:56 PM
Thompson

Awkward

"I only drink... wine!"
Old 16th June 2021, 07:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
"I only drink... wine!"
I think you misremembered the quote

Old 24th May 2022, 11:18 AM
Cult Master

Bela Lugosi in his officer uniform of when he was a member of the Austro-Hungarian army in 1916

He saw action on the Eastern front during WW1

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic203 - Bela WW1.jpg (78.5 KB, 29 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th August 2022, 09:08 PM
Cult Master

s-l500.jpg

Baron Wolf von Frankenstein son of the late Dr Frankenstein returns to his ancestral home with his wife and son Peter. Once the local villagers catch wind of his return they are horrified still haunted by the memory of Frankenstein's monster and the horrible things that happened the family gets a less than friendly greeting. While exploring his new home the Baron meets his father's old assistant Ygor hiding in the shadows but not only is Ygor hiding himself but he is also hiding his father's creation who is in a sort of coma after getting struck by lightning while out "hunting" for Ygor. Ygor begs the Baron to make the monster well again to Ygor the monster is more than an experiment he is his best friend. The Baron is convinced he can right the wrongs that his father made and make the name Frankenstein revered within the scientific community. But once the monster is up and about Ygor will stop at nothing to keep is friend safe.

Son of Frankenstein is an absolutely beautiful film every scene is a treat for the eyes the lighting the shadows the sets the fog rolling through the village all bumps up the atmosphere to the max. The acting from everyone is is top notch even the kid which i seldom ever say if you can get over how piercing his voice is at the start that is but he delivers his lines like someone with a lot more experience than someone of his young age.

Surprisingly enough in a thread about good old Bela he dose steal the show for me he is fantastic so menacing and such a smartarse tormenting and mocking the very people who hanged him or anyone else tries to belittle him. Bela puts everything into this role considering he wouldn't have been billed as the main attraction but nonetheless he was determined to make people remember his performance. One of my absolute favourite characters and performances he did.

Like this? Share it using the links below!