Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Nostalgic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2017, 09:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Rob Zombie's Halloween movies-A Question

Ok. I am probably in the minority in thinking that Rob Zombie is horror's great hope, like Tarantino, he takes his inspirations and makes his own signature blend of vicious, over the top horror which has simply amazed me every time.

Now before I get booed off the forum, I just wanted to ask a question that I hope someone can answer. The directors cut of Zombie's Halloween features an alternate ending as an extra, a REALLY LONG alternate ending!

I have just imported the German blu ray of Halloween2 which has a commentary & runs 116 minutes. Apparently this is the unrated director's cut, now can anybody confirm what version is on the UK blu ray (which features different extras & lists running time as 106 mins. Is this the r-rated cut? And does anyone know how different they are?

Thanks for your help & hope there are some more rz fans out there!
Old 18th January 2017, 10:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

He hit and miss with me, wasnt overly keen on Hallowen remake and his latest film 31 was ****ing awful in every sense. But love devil rejects.
Sorry but cant answer you're Q?
Old 19th January 2017, 02:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The UK blu-ray is the standard theatrical version. I've never seen that version but I do own the director's cut on a region friendly US release.

btw I really like it, I think that the director's cut of Halloween II and Devil's Rejects are Rob Zombie's two best films.

Halloween II was lambasted so heavily that I truly expected the worst when I saw it. Was a pleasant surprise.

I don't like the first Halloween remake very much at all but I totally dig the second one. Perhaps it helps that I've only ever seen the longer version?

Here is a breakdown of the differences between the theatrical cut and the director's cut:

Halloween II (Comparison: Theatrical Version - Unrated Director's Cut) - Movie-Censorship.com
Old 19th January 2017, 08:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Cool, thank you for your help, think I'll pick up the uk blu as well as the extras list 26 mins of deleted scened (more than made it into the dc), plus other extras not on the German blu i have.

Like this? Share it using the links below!